• Announcements

• BLKHWK8

Squad vs Squad Battle for Notre Dame Postponed   08/03/2018

The event for this weekend will be postponed... We have not been able to get a solid commitment to run the event. I will be posting a poll to select a better date and time. Poll:    Welcome back our Squad vs Squad events. Please check out the forum post here   
imbrutus

Thank you to the Spitfire over Abbeville tonight

3 posts in this topic

Until we can see the hangar forums again, I thought I would post here before I forgot to say...

Thank you to the Spitfire over Abbeville tonight for letting me limp home. You shot me up something good, wings were shot all up, gunners dead, one engine blown, flaps jammed, I had to drop and run the deck to get home, and get away from you and the flak over the city lol. Barely 300m off the ground and 200kph was all I could manage, damn was fun in a weird geeky way lol.

I thought you had me there for a sec, my he111 was not happy after all your attention to it lol

I appreciate your honour in letting me fly home to live to fight another day. I needed a night of immersion in some added realism/rp ;) Thanks again.

S!

2 people like this

S! Guilty as charged.

I wish I could take credit for being honorable, but (embarrassingly) I simply ran out of ammo.  I have a very bad habit of holding the trigger even when I know that my ammo isn't going to hit the target.  I had no clue that I was running low on ammo until it was too late.

I also wanted to let you know that you're a better tailgunner than most pilots.  You were eating me up and I wouldn't have been surprised if you had received a kill credit.  Your tailgunning skill is probably what stressed me out enough that I wouldn't take my finger off the trigger.

The only thing I can take credit for is not calling for backup and reporting your exact location.  Honestly, I probably would have if there had been other people on my mission (another friendly lifted from Abbeville but wasn't on my mission and you had gone pretty far south by that time).

Thanks for the message. I didn't think I would ever find out who you were. I'm glad that you had fun, and it was fun for me as well even though it was slightly embarrassing to me to run out of ammo.

I'm sure we'll meet again and maybe work as teammates at some point because I switch from Allied to Axis on different campaigns.

Salute to you Sir. S!

2 people like this

lol WWIIOL moments indeed! That was fun! and very cool that you popped in to tell your side of the tale! ;) 

Looking forward to meeting you again on whichever side of the sights it is!

S!

1 person likes this