XOOM

Returning Vet Check-In

172 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, lakc said:

Good to see things are still ticking along :)

And great to see you show up, keep doing that! S! 

32 minutes ago, jiprin said:

Think it about time I jump back into the mix of things myself.

Wow dude, I haven't seen you in years! Great to see you AND in that awesome 3rd Panzer KG3 Signature, woot! :) 

Been a while. Hows the gamme these days. Was thinking of getting a new PC near Christmas. Gonna top that Sniper, ATR, Bomber rank again maybe :D

21 hours ago, dotsie said:

Been a while. Hows the gamme these days. Was thinking of getting a new PC near Christmas. Gonna top that Sniper, ATR, Bomber rank again maybe :D

I just got back into the game three days ago, and it's still a blast. I was a bit worried about the population before I started playing. While it's not what it was in the old days, there's still enough players out there for a good fight and lots of fun.

I suggest you give it a go. 

3 people like this

13 hours ago, chokk said:

Hell I may have to get back into it for a bit. 

Hey @chokk good to see you around here. Definitely hop in, lots of guys returning are having a great time. S! 

23 hours ago, Bigmex73 said:

I don't see the OT forums? Link please.

Still have to be a premium user for that.

Been years since I played. To say I'm rusty would be an extreme understatement. I signed back up 3 years ago, but that was short lived. Life got in the way. I originally joined in 2004. I played a lot then. So as you can see I am way out of touch with this game and what I need to do to actually survive longer than 2 minutes in a battle. I just played a few rounds and died (almost) every time. I need to know if there are good joysticks that I should be looking at getting. I'm looking at hooking this up to my TV in order to get past the fact that I have a 17" laptop monitor I'm playing on currently. The computer itself is more than capable of running this game. I7 8750H, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti GFX. The laptop I'm on is the ROG Strix Scar GL703GE gaming. I want to play more, but don't want to deplete depots by dying, as well as getting frustrated by dying and saying screw this. 

Basically my question is where can I get help to figure things out again?

Edited by grf

Salute Guys, back from MIA.

I logged in today to see what is going on and found no active brigade, player or else. How do I see where any activity is going on ?

I have more free time now and would love to play but without anybody around it is no fun.

Pita

Rat chat was good today.  Five years ago it was looking grim but you guys have certainly turned that around  S!  

Linnon

AEF

ArFR

S!

Feeling a little bit strange to be posting here again, as it is around 12 years since last time I was playing..... I remember when I preordered this game in the summer 2001 and several fellow students of programming and information technology told me; WWII Online was just a hopeless idea from a wet dream, going really bad and killing the game within months. They said it was impossible to even get it to run!

WELL..... I guess you proved them wrong!  -and I was right to buy it, then playing WWII Online on and of for around 5 years.

I actually bought the game for 3 friends and my little brother, just to have people to team up with, so we had this small Axis squad of 5-6 players for 2 years. Then the squad fell apart while the new High command structure was established,  and I joined KG Wiking for a while. I loved playing with them too, but it was too much hostility, changes and confusing development of the game happening at he same time, and it killed the motivation of all my original squadies and finally me... Too bad, as I always felt WWII Online could be every WWII nerds wettest dream - Totally seriously, at that time I was dreaming at night that an extremely rich investor with the same mindset was coming in and fund the game for all the needed development :D The dream did not come through though.... (But glad you got rid of the GOD AWFUL Battleground Europe tiitle atleast!). Finally; I have a lot in life, but I really miss my squad.....

Cool to see that you guys are still rolling on, even if there are quite a few changes of the "guard" since my "finest hour"  *grin*

RIP: KG Wiking

Edited by norwik

Although i don't feel myself as a vet, i check in here. At least in the forum. Greetings to all.

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, norwik said:

S!

Feeling a little bit strange to be posting here again, as it is around 12 years since last time I was playing..... I remember when I preordered this game in the summer 2001 and several fellow students of programming and information technology told me; WWII Online was just a hopeless idea from a wet dream, going really bad and killing the game within months. They said it was impossible to even get it to run!

WELL..... I guess you proved them wrong!  -and I was right to buy it, then playing WWII Online on and of for around 5 years.

I actually bought the game for 3 friends and my little brother, just to have people to team up with, so we had this small Axis squad of 5-6 players for 2 years. Then the squad fell apart while the new High command structure was established,  and I joined KG Wiking for a while. I loved playing with them too, but it was too much hostility, changes and confusing development of the game happening at he same time, and it killed the motivation of all my original squadies and finally me... Too bad, as I always felt WWII Online could be every WWII nerds wettest dream - Totally seriously, at that time I was dreaming at night that an extremely rich investor with the same mindset was coming in and fund the game for all the needed development :D The dream did not come through though.... (But glad you got rid of the GOD AWFUL Battleground Europe tiitle atleast!). Finally; I have a lot in life, but I really miss my squad.....

Cool to see that you guys are still rolling on, even if there are quite a few changes of the "guard" since my "finest hour"  *grin*

RIP: KG Wiking

@norwikThanks for stopping by and checking in, S! . Hope you check in a little bit more.

yeah its been a while,  waiting on building a new rig before considering signing back up for action.  Hopefully a few of the old crew are still around