Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
n8r

rdp factories

26 posts in this topic

shot down about over 7 111's trying to get england and france facilites this week.... feel great right now!

4 people like this

19 hours ago, n8r said:

shot down about over 7 111's trying to get england and france facilites this week.... feel great right now!

That's 3.5 saved factories total.  Allied families thank you.

2 people like this

You can say that feels great when u shot down 7 db7s before they hit factories. 111 Its so slow that u have all time in the world to look for it. You can seach high alt. low, deck, climb all over again, fly to North South and you'll still have time enough to find it out.

wow, a RAF fighter shooting down a 111.... unheard of! thats no easy feat!

Such a difficult accompmishment taking down a slow behemoth that bursts into flames when you shout insults at it.

4 hours ago, pattio said:

... bursts into flames when you shout insults at it.

I dunno man... I tried that but the text filter was like a magic shield! :-)

1 person likes this

we could shoot down allied bombers if they didnt despawn as soon as ya get near them or kamikazee in to the factory lol

S!

4 hours ago, schults said:

we could shoot down allied bombers if they didnt despawn as soon as ya get near them or kamikazee in to the factory lol

S!

Even if they despawn, you still get rid of them from supply as if you killed them... but, I get it... this is frustrating and happens on both sides.  Me, personally, will do whatever I can to escape until you kill me, which most times will happen if you catch me behind the lines, however, I will make you earn the kill. But it does sound like you expect bombers to fly straight and level at all times while you're shooting at them?  

1 person likes this

It's like killing 50 eis with a Tiger camping an efms ...

S!

lol 

Edited by kareca

I haven't been on in a month, my last sorts I put all cannons and bbs into a db7 and it flew away, I ctrl alt delete closed game and haven't been back.  

If you shoot a DB from dead six your bullets/shells stand a good chance of ricocheting off. At decent deflection it hurts just the same as any other aircraft insofar the DM goes, although internal damage component locations differ. And yes HE is still borked somewhat.

2 hours ago, bmbm said:

If you shoot a DB from dead six your bullets/shells stand a good chance of ricocheting off. At decent deflection it hurts just the same as any other aircraft insofar the DM goes, although internal damage component locations differ. And yes HE is still borked somewhat.

always the same excuses this ricocheting teory works pretty good with spits and db7 but with axis don't. Spit firing at any axis plane's dead six means tail off. tip for allies. when you are flying db7 rdp and hear plinks, keep flying straight and point the nose a bit down. U Will be ok, nothing can kill you.

2 hours ago, jarve said:

always the same excuses this ricocheting teory works pretty good with spits and db7 but with axis don't. Spit firing at any axis plane's dead six means tail off. tip for allies. when you are flying db7 rdp and hear plinks, keep flying straight and point the nose a bit down. U Will be ok, nothing can kill you.

Yup, spits taking multiple 40mm rounds and looping off. Same with DB7s.  

I've shot down thousands of planes from both sides with AAA, and it's not even debatable that certain planes, the spit series and db7/havoc, are damage sponges. 

Sick of reading what sycophants like bmbm type, because it's all the same, every time.  We're supposed to ignore our own eyes and experiences and blindly believe them. Orwell would be proud lol

Sycophant eh? I know for a fact that the DM values for aircraft skin and component damage thresholds are virtually identical. There are no magick deflector shields, period.  The only remaining causes of what your experience tells you are:

1. Less stellar gunnery.

2. Angle (ricochet).

3. HE not performing as it should.

No 3 is being looked at.

@ bmbm

Of example the Spit2 is near unkillable from behind, you can tell me what you want, somethink wrong. 

1 person likes this

Well what can I tell you - I can inspect the aircraft model and its associated data down to individual vertices, millimeters of dural and grams of PETN, so what do I know. The Spit2 and its tail is virtually identical to the Spit1. There. Is. No. Major. Difference. 

22 minutes ago, bmbm said:

Well what can I tell you - I can inspect the aircraft model and its associated data down to individual vertices, millimeters of dural and grams of PETN, so what do I know. The Spit2 and its tail is virtually identical to the Spit1. There. Is. No. Major. Difference. 

Rats previously admitted that the landing gear hubs on allied bombers blocked damage in 2006 ish whether they fixed it I'm not sure

1 hour ago, bmbm said:

. Angle (ricochet).

Has this effect been calculated for physics consistency?

Not the fact that at a thin angle of arrival, a projectile will tend to ricochet if the impacted surface is sufficiently rigid. Rather, is the surface sufficiently rigid?

Is that actually determined by calculation in the ballistics/damage model? Or, is there an assumption in the code?

We know of course that a bullet arriving normal to an aluminum skin of X thickness will apply a force that is many times overkill for flowing the aluminum out of the way. That's with 100% of the bullet's energy available.

The force applied by a bullet arriving at a thin angle is calculable via trigonometry. At a very thin angle, it of course is a relatively small part of the bullet energy. But, we know that for normal arrival, the generated force is many times overkill. The proposal is that the generated force will be more than 100% of the skin flow force all the way to a very thin angle...practically flat.

And similarly, the (rearward or lateral) acceleration applied to an all-ways shell fuze at a very thin angle will be sufficient to trip that fuze all the way to a very thin angle. 

I hope the physics code doesn't contain invalid assumptions, as Scotsman has mentioned finding in his review of other physics code.

The wheel wells are not normally damage components per se, and where they exist they are not tougher than the external alclad (ie no significant damage threshold to overcome such as engines, control surfaces etc). There are differences between individual aircraft - as it should be - but they are not on the order of easyflame vs unobtanium. We're talking single digit or even fractions of millimeters of RHA equivalent here - stuff that may deflect at specific angles but get holed easily by ball and AP at angles above that value.

6 minutes ago, jwilly said:

Has this effect been calculated for physics consistency?

Not the fact that at a thin angle of arrival, a projectile will tend to ricochet if the impacted surface is sufficiently rigid. Rather, is the surface sufficiently rigid?

Is that actually determined by calculation in the ballistics/damage model? Or, is there an assumption in the code?

Not my field of expertise. Scotsman would know, and the coders. 

2 minutes ago, bmbm said:

The wheel wells are not normally damage components per se, and where they exist they are not tougher than the external alclad (ie no significant damage threshold to overcome such as engines, control surfaces etc). There are differences between individual aircraft - as it should be - but they are not on the order of easyflame vs unobtanium. We're talking single digit or even fractions of millimeters of RHA equivalent here - stuff that may deflect at specific angles but get holed easily by ball and AP at angles above that value.

Historically, in looking at photos of aircraft damage, I've never seen a furrow or long scrape line on a wing or tail where a projectile arriving from the rear made contact at a very thin angle and was deflected away without penetrating.

Instead, what I've seen in photos is long slices, where the projectile flowed the skin out of the way for a considerable distance before deflecting either inward or outward.

Images like this, either way, aren't common for the simple reason that, unlike in-game, real world fighter pilots didn't spend the time to saddle up behind an enemy plane that in many cases had one or more gunners shooting at them already. Instead the real pilots took a deflection shot at as high a relative speed as possible to minimize their own chance of dying. 

Consider this photo, though. The tail damage looks to me like nearly-parallel-path bullets making slices in the tail skin. I don't see any furrows or scrape marks indicating deflection.

SBD_lands_after_attacking_Kaga.jpg

10 minutes ago, bmbm said:

Perhaps our damage model isn't tough enough.

Heh. The current damage model sometimes shrugs off multiple 40mm hits. That's unobtainium territory for sure.  :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0