AirSlayr88

FtP/reserve air vehicles?

8 posts in this topic

Any changes coming to adding T0 planes to spawn list for new players? Something I noticed when checking out my f2p acct is I can't even grab a hurri or h75...literally no air option, not even the basic blen. Even having the rank for them, they are locked out. Please look into it to promote pilots coming in S! 

Ps: a pt boat for navy new players wouldn't hurt either to look at.

On September 1, all F2P will be converted to Rifleman only. In the close future, DLC packages will be available as one-time purchases for lifetime access (as long as supply exists in the town you want to spawn at) to different equipment, including lower tier planes.

2 people like this

13 hours ago, AirSlayr88 said:

Any changes coming to adding T0 planes to spawn list for new players? Something I noticed when checking out my f2p acct is I can't even grab a hurri or h75...literally no air option, not even the basic blen. Even having the rank for them, they are locked out. Please look into it to promote pilots coming in S! 

Ps: a pt boat for navy new players wouldn't hurt either to look at.

As the guys have said, everything is going down to a Rifleman only for free. We understand the desire to want to get them engaged and playing these other things for free, but it just hasn't worked for us. Our product plan changes are inherent in their design and are an extrapolation of many years of data of giving things away for free. 

3 minutes ago, XOOM said:

As the guys have said, everything is going down to a Rifleman only for free. We understand the desire to want to get them engaged and playing these other things for free, but it just hasn't worked for us. Our product plan changes are inherent in their design and are an extrapolation of many years of data of giving things away for free. 

With f2p being rifles only (which I can totally understand), is there at least the offer of a free trial "starter account" or something for new subs? I guess it's going to be hard for an interested airsim player to evaluate this game by playing a rifleman...

I guess you still do some events with more access for f2p players?

38 minutes ago, vanapo said:

With f2p being rifles only (which I can totally understand), is there at least the offer of a free trial "starter account" or something for new subs? I guess it's going to be hard for an interested airsim player to evaluate this game by playing a rifleman...

I guess you still do some events with more access for f2p players?

There will be no free trials handed out. However on Steam, if someone purchases the "Recruit Pack" we have planned, they'll get a 1 week trial access to all of the other DLC packages. 

We almost went to a 100% pay something before you get in the door. The Rifleman only "free" account is the last option. There's a major flaw that we've found which is giving access for free away. It simply isn't encouraging a purchase behavior. Acquisition of new paying any account type is integral to our ability to go into the future and keep WWIIOL going. 

If we had some in-game advertising options that would potentially have helped, I am still quietly exploring those options where I can but it's pretty hard to assemble all together.

1 person likes this

Thx for the quick reply.

11 minutes ago, XOOM said:

If we had some in-game advertising options that would potentially have helped

I guess this is going to be really hard with the player numbers we have. But as a lot of players are veterans - how about some collaboration with the veterans channel? ;)

38 minutes ago, vanapo said:

Thx for the quick reply.

I guess this is going to be really hard with the player numbers we have. But as a lot of players are veterans - how about some collaboration with the veterans channel? ;)

If someone is currently subscribed, they shouldn’t have to see the advertisements. That’d be a big requirement for this to work out. Not subscribed, but in-game = ad (monetization).