Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madrebel

Can we do half tiers? Also why aren't tier0 units completely removed?

10 posts in this topic

Would it be possible to do half tiers? Say tier0.1 = same as tier0, then we hit tier0.2 and we phase out numbers of X and increase numbers of Y and possibly even slot in things like let's say in tier0.2 we add 109E7/Ns along with Spit1bs and idk the h81. Might be nice to increase the granularity of the the tier progression.

Just wondering but why can't we completely remove say the 38t tanks by tier2? In tier 3, why arent all T0 and T1 tanks and planes completely removed?

It's one thing to ask greentags to compete using 'inferior' equipment within the same tier, its another to throw them to the wolves in 'inferior' equipment while also being significantly out tiered.

Half tiers are in the works and been discussed somewhere on here as a part of the TOE audit on here.. I know equipment used to be retired as the tiers moved up back in the day when TOEs were decided on by CinCs. Probably went away when that was done away with. 

2 people like this

Did it ever get retired? I don't remember that - not saying it wasn't just don't have a clear memory of it. I hope we can though.

5 minutes ago, madrebel said:

Did it ever get retired? I don't remember that - not saying it wasn't just don't have a clear memory of it. I hope we can though.

I am pretty sure.. I remember there being stuff on the gazette about vehicles being retired

then i'll defer to your memory as apparently those cells in my head were impacted by various stimuli over the years ;-).

One reason why some Tier 0 equipment is not retired nowadays is because new players, and just players with low rank, need to be able to spawn something in.

1 person likes this

What do we do with Tier0 DLCs?

Indeed ideally you should keep Tier-X vs Tier-X battles to please all ranks, but where and how?

you move that DLC/option up along with the tiers. So if you can spawn an H75, then in tier3 you can spawn ... no less than the h81 but preferably the h87. You're still 'out classed' but at least you have a chance.

I’d like to see a system of half tiers as well, starting with early 1940 equipment and then moving forward slowly as equipment would have been introduced. (Early 1940, Late 1940, Early 1941, and so on) 

There might be small “balance” gaps but that’s ok as it gives a better feel for flow of the armament race during the war. 

Also I agree that early tier units must be phased out of service as they would have been historically, moving from front line use to reserves before being withdrawn completly. As for how that is going to work with the DLCs, they just need to have at least mid-tier units so that even late in the game they still have access to somewhat capable units without leaving them in A13s and 38s or having numbers of those units filling the spawn lists. The work being done on historical TOEs will help with this. 

On 8/17/2018 at 1:09 PM, SCKING said:

I know equipment used to be retired as the tiers moved up back in the day when TOEs were decided on by CinCs. Probably went away when that was done away with. 

It went away because what would happen is they would sack all the low rank low tier kit
for credits to buy the most expensive things, which seems great till you have lower rank people finding the units they can spawn are not in the spawn pool
And also the spawn numbers would be kind of a mess because all the cheaper stuff that they could was traded away for expensive that you got less of
so overall less equipment.

The low tier stuff semi retires now i guess, i think the numbers still go down some as the new stuff comes in?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0