• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
delems

Bridges should not auto repair.

19 posts in this topic

AI don't auto repair?  How come bridges do?

Bridges destroyed should stay down until repaired.

I fully support bridge auto-repair being turned off, or lengthened to 48-hr (from current 24-hr).

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, forrest said:

I fully support bridge auto-repair being turned off, or lengthened to 48-hr (from current 24-hr).

Yes, 48h if it's already 24h.

Turn off auto repair althogether.

Turn on factory repair by engineers!

Edited by GrAnit
1 person likes this

I would tend to agree on bridge repair. Make 'em rebuild it or lengthen time to repair automatically considerably.

Would be interesting if engineers could repair factories .... very very slowly!

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, GrAnit said:

Turn off auto repair althogether.

Turn on factory repair by engineers!

That could be a wee bit hard to pull off well.
If you look at especially the allied factory locations opposed to the brigade deployments, you may find it a wee bit hard to get the engineers in there
especially in England.

Axis are a bit closer to thiers, but still not really with in any reasonable distance.

I could see allowing repair speed to be boosted some by human intervention, but not solely done by it in a way that entails pulling an entire brigade
just for 12 engineers

Edited by merlin51

1 hour ago, merlin51 said:

That could be a wee bit hard to pull off well.
If you look at especially the allied factory locations opposed to the brigade deployments, you may find it a wee bit hard to get the engineers in there
especially in England.

Axis are a bit closer to thiers, but still not really with in any reasonable distance.

I could see allowing repair speed to be boosted some by human intervention, but not solely done by it in a way that entails pulling an entire brigade
just for 12 engineers

It would be somewhat useful as the front line approaches and enemy flight times are shorter and factories are more likely to be destroyed.  

I think it would be useful to for each side have a special construction brigade that consisted inly of trucks, engineers and a few combat troops that could be deployed as needed.  The construction brigade could have a few unique abilities, like bridge repair, factory repair, or a PPO frontline airfield. 

3 minutes ago, GrAnit said:

It would be somewhat useful as the front line approaches and enemy flight times are shorter and factories are more likely to be destroyed.  

I think it would be useful to for each side have a special construction brigade that consisted inly of trucks, engineers and a few combat troops that could be deployed as needed.  The construction brigade could have a few unique abilities, like bridge repair, factory repair, or a PPO frontline airfield. 

maybe, but seems they would have to be separately detached from frontline groups or they would not be able to move around to where they need to be.

Forget all that other stuff - the request is remove the auto repair of bridges.

Other subjects please make new topic.

Manual factory repair could be done in 1.36 easily enough. I support manual repair of all objects (bridges, AI, factories)

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, merlin51 said:

maybe, but seems they would have to be separately detached from frontline groups or they would not be able to move around to where they need to be.

Yes. They should be a special type of brigade, much smaller than a regular one, that can be moved around separately from other brigades.  Other special PPOs activities might be: they have reduced PPO timers than regular engineers in combat brigades, they can build high sand bag walls, and can make steep anti-tank berms, and make pontoon bridges.  This would be the first 'support' brigade of the game!

Edited by GrAnit
1 person likes this

Agree Delems, also get rid of bridge AO or DO.. just let the PB destroy or repair bridges.  I think we can keep up with repairing or destroying them better than HC.

2 people like this

Only issue with that is points for destroying and repairing would have to be way reduced (like to 1 point), or you could just ping pong a bridge.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:47 AM, stankyus said:

Agree Delems, also get rid of bridge AO or DO.. just let the PB destroy or repair bridges.  I think we can keep up with repairing or destroying them better than HC.

I have suggested this before. There should be no AO/DO on bridges. Manual action required.

As is, you get 10 points for every DESPAWN.

1. So, you come to a bridge and want to destroy it. You put one charge on it and then get back to the FMS or DEPOT and despawn.
  2. Travel time to despawn point or RTB in place. ZERO to 30 seconds.
  3. 10 seconds to despawn.
  4. if no SD then you come back and move into position to place charges. 15 seconds 'ish.
  5. With all this in mind, it typically takes about for 500 points (50x and bridge is NOT repaired yet) 30 seconds per turnaround 1500 seconds (25 minutes) or longer. That's not taking into account any enemy near by.
  6. So 500 points is not much when you need 10000. Which will take HOURS to accomplish.

If you want to spend 5 hours to get 10000 points, go for it. But most will not stay in one place to do it. And a lot of players are maxed out on points so it has no meaning to them. F2P doesn't mean much either as they cant go up in rank.

Edited by imded
1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, imded said:

I have suggested this before. There should be no AO/DO on bridges. Manual action required.