• Announcements

• HEAVY265

TOS Change regarding the Forums   11/23/2018

Rule 23 is in discussions.  The official change will come out soon.  It will go effect Jan 1st. As it stands from this point.  Political and religious posts are allowed in off topic.  Be mindful to be respectful to each other.   That is all for now. Thank you for your continued support and patience.
XOOM

Year you joined & First Squad

122 posts in this topic

2004,   First squad was JG2 back in the highlight of the air days.

1 person likes this

2001 with my first account,  was solo until I joined covet ops 10 years later.

In late 2002 a buddy showed me this game , and I was floored by what I saw .  It was the sole reason for my venture in to the world of computers .  I lone wolfed under many trials , with multiple names , until 2005 , when I was recruited in to the 22nd Mechanized Infantry Regiment .  My handle then was Reichfur .  Never , ever , in my life , have I experienced such camaraderie , loyalty , and cohesion in a group , as I did with the 22nd .   We were a large squad and our XO was a wizard at making missions .  There were times when there were at least 30 of us on a mission , inf , arty , armor , and air .  For a while there , they and this game , were what I lived for .  I loved each and every one of them as brothers . 

2003? Or 4? Can't remember. 

Joined Grossdeutschland on my 1st day, because I got stuck in the old AA AI pit somehow. Was asking in chat what the jump button was, and the leader of that squad recruited me and showed me the ropes. 

GD is no more, but some of the players are around. A very very few lol.

2007 85Th Flyingfall. / 85th fallschirmjäger.

Got a mail the other week that 85th might be back this fall.

Edited by Hardlead

Oh wow.

Played beta at a friends house, He had a server so we had a squad in the same room. Shouting at each other doing stupid stuff. Well that got me hooked, had to buy a puter, but that took me a few years. Money was tight.

2003/4? got into the game again. What a difference it was.

Joined 12th Royals. (not lancers) What a great bunch of guys. Anyone remember Starship (CO) (I think)? Hey Im old so my memory is a little flaky, ok ok, I am flaky all the time..... I miss them all. Now in 101st ABN. Loving every minute of it.

The squad is the only reason I play. Without them and the comradeship, this would not be fun.

CRS how about making squads more important all over again. It is the only way I think this game will survive.

And get rid of F2P and make it a DEMO time. 1 weekend a month only (Friday 1700hrs to Monday 0000hrs server time). With up to tier 2 equipment (specific to demo people only). After a weekend of playing they should know if they are going to stick around or not, and PAY TO PLAY. $4.99, $9.99, $14.99 per month. For as little as a few cups of coffer per month.

On 8/25/2018 at 3:38 AM, Mosizlak said:

2003? Or 4? Can't remember. 

Joined Grossdeutschland on my 1st day, because I got stuck in the old AA AI pit somehow. Was asking in chat what the jump button was, and the leader of that squad recruited me and showed me the ropes. 

GD is no more, but some of the players are around. A very very few lol.

Joined    October 28, 2003

Hover your mouse over people's names to see a profile summary, which includes our original join dates. 

Ya numpty :lol:

It says I joined in 2004 but I know for sure it was earlier. In fact it was so early when I got the box set the game was in such a bad way they let us all play for free the first few months. Back with instant caps and the dreaded opel rush caps.

1 hour ago, viper69 said:

It says I joined in 2004 but I know for sure it was earlier. In fact it was so early when I got the box set the game was in such a bad way they let us all play for free the first few months. Back with instant caps and the dreaded opel rush caps.

Maybe it refers to the date that the forum account was created?  I assume most of us made our forum accounts the same day we installed the game (I'm pretty sure it was the part of the setup where you fill out your information).  

Also, maybe this is a different account than your original?  

1 hour ago, viper69 said:

Yea, that isn't right. I remember you from like campaign 2
We played free until like september due to the launch issues

2 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

Yea, that isn't right. I remember you from like campaign 2
We played free until like september due to the launch issues

Yeah, not sure how it says 2004. Haha remember when a bush on your screen wasn’t necessarily on the other guys screen? Unlimited spawns and instant caps. Heck I think the only towns the were anhee, dinant, givet and one airfield on each side. 

"officially" in 2005, recruited by Killerno in 7thArmy.

(been roaming around since maybe 2002, tho)

Was shown the game back in 2003 by k2002 and his son gnagsdk who i believe were in the axis squad Grossdeutschland. Since axis at that time were mostly overpop in the timezones i  played, When i got my own account in 2004 i decided to join the allied forces instead.
Were lonewolfing for a while and then joined 22nd mech. Main reason being, the CO was Szyporyn, a fellow dane. Had a lot of wonderful years in that squad with loads of fun memories. 
S!

Edited by bobstav
1 person likes this

Uehawk16: UE, Untied Europeans, axis squad September 2001.Uehawk1 game name change 2004 uehawk1. July 12