• Announcements

• HEAVY265

TOS Change regarding the Forums   11/23/2018

Rule 23 is in discussions.  The official change will come out soon.  It will go effect Jan 1st. As it stands from this point.  Political and religious posts are allowed in off topic.  Be mindful to be respectful to each other.   That is all for now. Thank you for your continued support and patience.
XOOM

Year you joined & First Squad

122 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Zebbeee said:

Where the hell are the people that joined After AOs?

I joined after AOs

Joined for the first time with my old acount as "vonapo" around 2006/2007  - I don't have the login information and the mail account anymore so I can't look up the exact dates. Played both sides, mostly allies, without a squad and left soon after that.

Then I came back and joined the 91st. No regrets yet.

Edited by vanapo

The day the doors opened. Flew with the 450th BG from Warbirds , then the 17th BG /78th FG .

Joined in early 2009 to the 1st Spanish Company - 1SC.    Do you remember it?

Back in that day the spanish community was VERY important. Huge numbers and huge epic fights against the 250h. But I enlisted when the squad was in a disband process due to the main leaders stoping playing the game a year earlier. But some of their trainers taught me the basics and I am what I am today in well part thanks to 1SC. Such a good unit that they just let it die... Shame. :-(

Then 22SAS was created and was all my life in WWIIOL. We managed to were a really decent medium size spanish-speaking squad, mixing old 1SC vets with new guys. So good old memories. But good things, again, seems to be so tough to mantain. :-(

Edited by erasmo

June 2001 friend got game for me b-day june 5, first squad was 32nd then FF-DAK-GAK  great squad FF DAK and GAK both squads made from other FF members and currently in best Axis squad Feldjager.

S!

02 or maybe early 03 (old account), whenever it was reviewed in MacWorld. Panzer Lehr

Edited by gavalink

February 8th 2011 at 13:31 hours EST.

13th Infantry Regiment...lots of good times and memories.

S! 

I tried to play very briefly in 2014, and didn't like it that much. Tried again with this account in late May of 2016 and got hooked. Joined the ANZACs a couple months later, where I still am.

October 2001. I honestly do not remember the name of the squad I joined way back then. Bounced around a lot as a loner. Joined the 101st Airborne in 2012. 

Oh gosh, I wish I could remember way back from great group people  from Ace high and  warbird squad name klaus ,my old call sign was Jayhawk , they were all from German. even they send me a nice gift (German beer mug ). anyway I brought them over here to try beta in 99, we starting out testing then 2001 got together again , they didn't like the way flight model on 09  and butcher bird , they love the game but it wasn't enough for them..  All spilt up.. I was long wolf alt monk in 190 couple year before  join windhund  06 

2001 32nd Armoured Infantry. 

Doctor

Squibb

jgoose

jhenning

wm71

...the list goes on. Damn that was a good time. 

I believe I started playing this game in August 2001, a couple of months after the game's inception. I joined Allied Strike Team in the spring of 2002, which is now combined into 7th AST.

When I joined up in 1999, I played with a few guys in SST4: Sonderstrumtruppe Four: Greowulf. It was headed up by a DENTIST... His game name? PAINLESS.

I  played with BilboTN, MG42Doc, and Stonney. The gme was totally different back then; we coordinated regularly with other squads and managed offensives that raged for days. Truly amazing stuff... seeing a column of tanks 30 strong roling along, being pestered by enemy aircraft... and then being ambushed along the way. News traveled fast then. We got chit done!

Of course, when the game went "live", it crashed repeatedly and after a couple of months I was able to get back in and play... but it was still much more fun than trying to move flags around and have CRS micro manage campaigns. 

There were a LOT of players on back then and in 2005, even MORE showed up to play regularly. When that happened, I was with the 21st, based out of Brouwershaven. Whenever the fight was there, we all went immediately to defend our home-turf!

The game is an empty shell now. Sad to see it lingering on life-support, and hardly worth playing now.