• Announcements

• HEAVY265

TOS Change regarding the Forums   11/23/2018

Rule 23 is in discussions.  The official change will come out soon.  It will go effect Jan 1st. As it stands from this point.  Political and religious posts are allowed in off topic.  Be mindful to be respectful to each other.   That is all for now. Thank you for your continued support and patience.
XOOM

Year you joined & First Squad

122 posts in this topic

I joined in late 2010. My first squad I played with was very briefly the ANZACs (I first played as British), I believe under the alias Fusil1886. I didn't actually however seriously engage in squad play until I joined the 85th Flying Fallschrimjager in 2012 and became a dedicated Axis player.

2 hours ago, rpw1 said:

Started in 2012 and joined the 85th Flying Fallschrimjager squad. 

Good times. <3

1 person likes this

Was in the community before day 1, so that makes it 2001.  Technically didn't play until Day 2, due to the initial patch at install (on dial up, no less).

1st (and only) squad:   Lafayette Federation  

S!

Edited by augetout

2004. First and the on squad is Susipartio 

Edited by raipe

June 11 2001

Played for GrossDeutchland for a while.

Later the 17th BG and then 617 Dambusters.

Haven't played for a while but I'm thinkin' it might be time to get everything hooked back up and get into the air again.

S! WWIIOL! 

May 2001 in beta

Bilton and I were playing Fighter Ace when we got news of this game, he got into the beta team and got me in the last week before launch

First squad was big, had a 3 in the name and the CO was Misery but I can't remember the name but it only lasted a year

Then the 1st Totenkopf with Shilling for a few years after that the 91st Sturmbattalion for life

Day ONE..   88th Mercantiles

trying to get back to game but it wont load on 3 separate computers   CTD on all at load.  See  technical help post.

2005  (?)  - Joined Iron Wolves before I even spawned in for first time.

S! Ian

2002, first year of the Mac flavor of WWII OL. Joined the 1st Jaguars squad (all Mac players) shortly there after.

BTW, glad we are back to WWII OL instead of Battle Ground Galactica, or whatever that was. Admiral Adama was never in this war.

bought game in june or so 2001 , was about sept before I got online tho

August 2001.  4RCA

Madurai was on the orange boards, was talking it up.  I didn't want to have anything to do with the launch problems he described, so I signed on a month later after the game was more reliably up.

4RCA stands for Quatrieme Regimente Chasseurs d'Afrique.  Translated, the Fourth Regiment Hunters of Africa, an historical colonial cavalry unit.

We picked it because I insisted on a French unit.  Madurai went looking for a unit that could have been in North Africa OR France, and chose this colonial one as it was one of the first to fight the Germans after the Allies landed in French North Africa.  Actually, they wanted to kill everything on the Tunis tarmac (no air reinforcements!) but were dissuaded until the Vichy NA situation was clarified.  That's right, our historical unit started the war camping an airfield.

Edited by Kilemall

Day 1 but took me a week to get it to work right

1st ## LAH  we had to change the name many times to meet TOS rules about ##. One of the best squads made up of all vets or active duties US and Canadian military.

Joined the HC and played with many squads but mostly solo when my squad left. 

Joined in 2008

First Squad was the Great 23rd! S! 

what ever happened to them anyway?