• Announcements

• HEAVY265

TOS Change regarding the Forums   11/23/2018

Rule 23 is in discussions.  The official change will come out soon.  It will go effect Jan 1st. As it stands from this point.  Political and religious posts are allowed in off topic.  Be mindful to be respectful to each other.   That is all for now. Thank you for your continued support and patience.
XOOM

Year you joined & First Squad

122 posts in this topic

On 11/3/2018 at 9:59 AM, KMS said:

May 2001 in beta

Bilton and I were playing Fighter Ace when we got news of this game, he got into the beta team and got me in the last week before launch

First squad was big, had a 3 in the name and the CO was Misery but I can't remember the name but it only lasted a year

Then the 1st Totenkopf with Shilling for a few years after that the 91st Sturmbattalion for life

So you can lift the mystery us long time players are wondering .....

Did BILTON ever die in game?

Lolz

S!

Edited by dre21

Bilton is the only player to have an infinite K/D.

I once saw Bilton with my own two eyes run across an AB packed with panzers, pull out a knife as he rushed the bunker, killing all the axis defenders, and single-handedly captured the town.

Amazing. 

Joined in 2011 directly into Windhund 116th. Been that way ever since (even though Axis peeps keep accusing me of being Allied or having Allied alt accounts since I don't immediately buy into bias arguments, lolz).

Such a great read. Thanks for all of the memories! 

I came from AW3, hung around the forums before the launch for what seemed like years.. I think I signed up in 2001 but didn't seriously play until 2002.. 

Came in with the 31st Wrecking Crew.. led by ZZ.. was a great time..

S!

rbnn

2001 LTD 13th AR  2nd DINA

TCW was CO

Badger was XO i believe

<S>

Joined 2006 and with 22nd Mech. Than Engine2 invited me to join 23rd, I than eventually became 23rd CO. Than Thrance and I merged 23rd with AEF. Hoping those days come back

1st year the game came out 2002? was in the 1st Canadian as player name  Blade6.. That was before I was drawn to the Dark side:D

Edited by daywalkr

Joined at end of Beta test pre launch 2001. Migrated from AW3 played in that game from 92 until 2001 with 52nd group PBear , RJohn , KBee and others. First squad I joined was JG26  until recently. Still having fun celebrate 75th next month.........

By chance my name was gunner44 and 1st squad I was in was 44ID.  or 44th something....    I cant remember who found me and asked me to join but it was destiny that i joined and we later became 505th.  It was around 200x I cant even remember anymore at this point.  Was a couple from Arizona a guy and his girl.. and JCgarand... I cant believe i remember his name..

Haha and somehow my SIgnature is still active below.... lol

Oh and I hate side jumpers... pick a side and stay.  Never played 1 day of allied all my time in game.

Edited by gunner44

Shame on you CRS. 

You could've been rich and you had a game better than cartoon World of Warcraft or anything i ever played.... if you just would've gone all out to develop and get investors.

Of course its easy for me to say I wasn't in your offices ever and don't know what you had to deal with.

Bad graphics for today? yes! 

Not enough players?  yes! 

Best concept and "non-rambo" realistic model and most fun I ever I had in a game.  I cant deny it!

"Look at me Im a medic and I can heal people to full health and instanlty put them back in the fight...  call of duty bull[censored] or any other stupid game..... there are unrealistic crap games galore are out there.

God I love to hate you and miss it all.   Why why why.  Someone out there has to buy this concept from you or recreate an updated version.  it was just to good.... I know there has got to be some rich millennial out there who can appreciate what this was, is, and can revive the fun of a massive map, all human, history accurate, non fantasy game, one shot, one kill game with a dedicated player base this was and can be again.  It cant be just me.  damn you facebook, fortnite, instant gratification bastages.....   I saw one 15 year old from ireland posting who knows what I mean but I fear he is a rare breed of kids that we will never see again and its sad........ so sad until history teachs them the lessons they are destined to learn the hard way.  It's all been done before and we are no different than humans 10,000 years ago no matter how PC we pretend to be (evolution is not that quick friends).

Well thats my drunkin rant and wishfull thinking of days past.  Salute! to those who tried to make something original and never seen before and never duplicated.

23 hours ago, gunner44 said:

Shame on you CRS. 

You could've been rich and you had a game better than cartoon World of Warcraft or anything i ever played.... if you just would've gone all out to develop and get investors.

Of course its easy for me to say I wasn't in your offices ever and don't know what you had to deal with.

Bad graphics for today? yes! 

Not enough players?  yes! 

Best concept and "non-rambo" realistic model and most fun I ever I had in a game.  I cant deny it!

"Look at me Im a medic and I can heal people to full health and instanlty put them back in the fight...  call of duty bull[censored] or any other stupid game..... there are unrealistic crap games galore are out there.

God I love to hate you and miss it all.   Why why why.  Someone out there has to buy this concept from you or recreate an updated version.  it was just to good.... I know there has got to be some rich millennial out there who can appreciate what this was, is, and can revive the fun of a massive map, all human, history accurate, non fantasy game, one shot, one kill game with a dedicated player base this was and can be again.  It cant be just me.  damn you facebook, fortnite, instant gratification bastages.....   I saw one 15 year old from ireland posting who knows what I mean but I fear he is a rare breed of kids that we will never see again and its sad........ so sad until history teachs them the lessons they are destined to learn the hard way.  It's all been done before and we are no different than humans 10,000 years ago no matter how PC we pretend to be (evolution is not that quick friends).

Well thats my drunkin rant and wishfull thinking of days past.  Salute! to those who tried to make something original and never seen before and never duplicated.

The eyes believe themselves.

The ears believe others.

24 hours later i post again... I look back at what i wrote and surprisingly I don't regret a single word of what I wrote..... If you guys at CRS wanna get serious email me at DSilber9011@outlook.com and lets push forward!

he eyes believe themselves.

The ears believe others.

24 hours later i post again... I look back at what i wrote and surprisingly I don't regret a single word of what I wrote..... If you guys at CRS wanna get serious email me at DSilber9011@outlook.com and lets push forward!

Don't email me unless u are all in and ready for a risk!

23 hours ago, gunner44 said:

Edited by gunner44

Joined February 2000, or was it January, as Beta tester. Formed 56th FG on the first day of creation, and refuse to leave.

Joined in November 2007. Not sure who was the first squad, or in what order, but...

BKB, RGJ, AEF, AllFor. There were a few short stints in others that I can't remember.

I remember when I first spawned in, a guy on a truck picked me up, and drove me around with a few others and we blew up AI in Antwerp. It was the teamwork that got me hooked.

Yeah - Dinker was the redhead, potthead on left, hotfink right, peepers middle and me on top (Slob not pictured / hard to get zombies to stand still for a photo) 

September 2002,

1stRM then 40 Comm

Not played seriously in a very long time.

Best regards to all past squad mates.

Northen