Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Version 1.35.15 Readme

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

Today version 1.35.15.0 will be released at 7PM Server time, which introduces the US Airborne with their own C-47, plus a revised Dakota (UK C-47 variant) and two new infantry classes available for Hero Builders + Steam Leadership DLC, the NCO and Ammo Bearer. It also includes several good bug fixes that you guys have been reporting. Steam DLC setup will occur over this week on the store page, meanwhile players are now able to join our game as a Free "Rifleman" only account effective immediately. To help clean up a series of patching from our Terrain update recently, all users will be required to do a "full" re-install of the game for this update to make sure you have a fresh WWIIOL directory.

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=6Ok_KmNtnSg:cMK_uxMqvGY:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=6Ok_KmNtnSg:cMK_uxMqvGY:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=6Ok_KmNtnSg:cMK_uxMqvGY:F7zBnMyn0Lo
6Ok_KmNtnSg

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

• Like 1

Yeah, the final dagger to the "Axis": US airborne infantry.  All neat and awesome but what do the Axis get beside borked RDP?  Now this?  Why don't you add the Thunderbolt and Mustang and B17 while you are at it.   Maybe give the Axis an Italian bi-plane or a new smg that shoots like a blind man?  Will be fun to fly around empty skies and empty towns.  Can not wait for B-17s to begin dog-fighting Axis fighters *rolls eyes*

Edited by fallsjager

31 minutes ago, fallsjager said:

Yeah, the final dagger to the "Axis": US airborne infantry.

It's just paras, just like everyone else has.
Not paras with some new kind of weapon or anything.

If you can dogfight in a B17, considering it flies like a brick and has no pilot fired guns, you're a better man than I :) 

3 hours ago, merlin51 said:

It's just paras, just like everyone else has.
Not paras with some new kind of weapon or anything.

If you can dogfight in a B17, considering it flies like a brick and has no pilot fired guns, you're a better man than I :) 

I'm just a bystander, but I think the point was:

Old-CRS learned painfully that when they introduce new toys, there should be something for each side.

If a particular element has to be intro'ed by itself, make a special effort to explain that. Don't just be silent.

It's more of that Marketing 101 stuff.

Has new-CRS decided the customer base has changed and something-for-each-side isn't important anymore?

Edited by jwilly
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jwilly said:

Old-CRS learned painfully that when they introduce new toys, there should be something for each side.

I'd agree, if someone got a new tank, the other guy should get a new something, maybe not a tank but a plane or towed gun or something.
But this is not really a new toy, france britain and germany all have a paratroop version of their infantry, All that is happening is the US faction
is having the same as the other 3 factions already have.

Maybe i am looking at it wrong, but i equate it to if the US faction did not have a truck and everyone else did, and they got a dodge truck.
Truck maybe not a great example because they can and do borrow a truck, but they kind of cant borrow french or british infantry.

They get no new weapons or anything, simply handing out parachutes?

1 minute ago, merlin51 said:

I'd agree, if someone got a new tank, the other guy should get a new something, maybe not a tank but a plane or towed gun or something.
But this is not really a new toy, france britain and germany all have a paratroop version of their infantry, All that is happening is the US faction
is having the same as the other 3 factions already have.

Maybe i am looking at it wrong, but i equate it to if the US faction did not have a truck and everyone else did, and they got a dodge truck.
Truck maybe not a great example because they can and do borrow a truck, but they kind of cant borrow french or british infantry.

They get no new weapons or anything, simply handing out parachutes?

A New Toy is a critical psychogical marketing event. This is a Game...psychology is everything. If you give side X a New Toy and not side Y, an important percentage of side Y's customers are going to be upset. Avoiding that should be important.

If your view is as above, i.e. yeah, it's a New Toy for the Allies but it's not important because it's just a re-skin of toys already in-game...you're completely ignoring the psychology.

You should know by now that if you're going to deviate from Something for Each Side, you have to explain at considerable length why there won't be any New Toy positive psychological effect on gameplay, which then would disadvantage the no-new-toy side.

Think like your customers. If you can't create a plausible explanation that'll be believed by the no-new-toy side's most committed adherents, the introduction is going to cause marketing damage, not benefits.  

You guys should be expert on this kind of thing by now. Old-CRS knew it, having learned it by making mistakes. You guys should be smoothly implementing the things old-CRS knew how to do.

When you say full reinstall, do we have to do this on our own, or will we be prompted? 

If we need to do it on our own, I suggest adding a message to that effect, and a link to the download, on the log in screen. I realize there is a note about the patch but it wasn't/isn't obvious to me if I need to do this on my own. 

Edited by hillstorm
added to it.

6 minutes ago, hillstorm said:

When you say full reinstall, do we have to do this on our own, or will we be prompted? 

If we need to do it on our own, I suggest adding a message to that effect, and a link to the download, on the log in screen. I realize there is a note about the patch but it wasn't/isn't obvious to me if I need to do this on my own. 

When you click play it will download the full install package and start the fresh install process.

1 minute ago, BLKHWK8 said:

When you click play it will download the full install package and start the fresh install process.

Okay, thanks. When I log in it says "campaign locked" so I didn't try to go any further at that point. But I found your link in Discord and I'm D/L now 

After playing a couple of hours, I have to say you served the air game well with rather small adjustments:

1. The more blueish sky looks way better. Funny how a small adjustment in colour code can make such a difference, but it does.

2. The ability to zoom out is awesome. Get a quick update on the situation without moving your mouse around like crazy.

Regarding the US-Paras. Well. I don't care. To me it is of the same importance as introducing a new kind of sheep. And it has about the same impact. So let the allies have them.

Edited by vanapo
  • Like 1