BLKHWK8

1.35.15 Readme

39 posts in this topic

Version 1.35.15.0 - August 2018

Bug Fixes

• The black tree trunks (normal maps) have been fixed
  • The FMB railings should now stop infantry from falling overboard
  • Invisible FB tents have been fixed for the Wuust-Oost FB, Prum-Hillesheim FB, Spontin-Dinant FB, Couvin-Vireaux FB, Conde-Leuz FB and Tienen-Leuven FB
  • The default Keymap was adjusted on Bofors and 88s so that reverse and the brake do not get applied at the same time
  • Fixed the Mol-Leopoldsburg FB that was clipped into a berm
  • An ATG Pit has been removed from a building in Bergen Op Zoom
  • Corrected a few issues with AI Pits from Thionville, Andenne, Antwerp and Oostmalle
  • Spelling for the Diest-Hasselt Depot has been corrected
  • Corrected a few spelling mistakes in the Manuals

Adjusted Content

• The .factories command now outputs its info horizontally and adds the factory town abbreviation
  • The British C47 has been renamed to the Dakota
  • The different Level of Details (LODs) for trees has been adjusted in order to make them closer in appearance
  • The infantry movement keymappings have been update to keep in line with the industry standards
  • The default mission orders have been updated to remove old information
  • The ability to zoom out in most maps has been greatly enhanced so that players can see more of the map at once
  • The Steam email verification information has been updated
  • The Steam Upsell message has been changed to reflect changes with DLCs
  • Mandatory Training has been reverted back to only showing Training Suggestions
  • The MG151 has been updated to have a tracer round again
  • The Sky color has been updated to appear more blue

New Content

• The US Paratroopers have been added with the C47 Skytrain, SMG, Sapper, Sniper, Mortarman, AR and Assault units
  • Field Marshall fundraiser rewards have been added to the map for Lafleur (Leuze), Kilo (Spa) and Ness (Sandwich)
  • Downloadable Content (DLCs) for Steam players have been added for the Leadership Pack, Paratrooper Pack, Light AA Gun Pack, Light AT Pack, Light Armor Pack, Medium Armor Pack, Combat Fighter Pack and the Reserve Pack
  • Adds a new "NCO" Infantry class, it has an smg, ammo can (1) and allows for placing an ammo cache PPO (available for Hero Builders & Leadership DLC)
  • Adds a new "Ammo Bearer" Infantry class, it has ammo cans (4) and a rifle (available for Hero Builders & Leadership DLC)

Cornered Rat Software

1 person likes this

Just to add to this, we will require a full download of the client instead of a patch. This is a continuation in trying to work out some of the desynch’s we have had with facilities. Process of elimination :)

1 person likes this

I realize I’m a little bias about all this, but I am legit excited about this update! Going to be a big week for WWII Online.

4 people like this

1 hour ago, XOOM said:

Going to be a big week for WWII Online.

I'm returning for the DLC :)

Let's have some fun in future ww2ol

13 minutes ago, nugitx said:

I'm returning for the DLC :)

Let's have some fun in future ww2ol

You're the Man!

US paras... Awesome!!

Wished the new UI came along with this, altough I have no Idea what it can look like but better anyway :)

Also there are Default Keymapper changes! Please read here for more information! 

5 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

Version 1.35.15.0 - August 2018

Bug Fixes

• The black tree trunks (normal maps) have been fixed
  • The FMB railings should now stop infantry from falling overboard
  • Invisible FB tents have been fixed for the Wuust-Oost FB, Prum-Hillesheim FB, Spontin-Dinant FB, Couvin-Vireaux FB, Conde-Leuz FB and Tienen-Leuven FB
  • The default Keymap was adjusted on Bofors and 88s so that reverse and the brake do not get applied at the same time
  • Fixed the Mol-Leopoldsburg FB that was clipped into a berm
  • An ATG Pit has been removed from a building in Bergen Op Zoom
  • Corrected a few issues with AI Pits from Thionville, Andenne, Antwerp and Oostmalle
  • Spelling for the Diest-Hasselt Depot has been corrected
  • Corrected a few spelling mistakes in the Manuals

Adjusted Content

• The .factories command now outputs its info horizontally and adds the factory town abbreviation
  • The British C47 has been renamed to the Dakota
  • The different Level of Details (LODs) for trees has been adjusted in order to make them closer in appearance
  • The infantry movement keymappings have been update to keep in line with the industry standards
  • The default mission orders have been updated to remove old information
  • The ability to zoom out in most maps has been greatly enhanced so that players can see more of the map at once
  • The Steam email verification information has been updated
  • The Steam Upsell message has been changed to reflect changes with DLCs
  • Mandatory Training has been reverted back to only showing Training Suggestions
  • The MG151 has been updated to have a tracer round again
  • The Sky color has been updated to appear more blue

New Content

• The US Paratroopers have been added with the C47 Skytrain, SMG, Sapper, Sniper, Mortarman, AR and Assault units
  • Field Marshall fundraiser rewards have been added to the map for Lafleur (Leuze), Kilo (Spa) and Ness (Sandwich)
  • Downloadable Content (DLCs) for Steam players have been added for the Leadership Pack, Paratrooper Pack, Light AA Gun Pack, Light AT Pack, Light Armor Pack, Medium Armor Pack, Combat Fighter Pack and the Reserve Pack
  • Adds a new "NCO" Infantry class, it has an smg, ammo can (1) and allows for placing an ammo cache PPO (available for Hero Builders & Leadership DLC)
  • Adds a new "Ammo Bearer" Infantry class, it has ammo cans (4) and a rifle (available for Hero Builders & Leadership DLC)

Cornered Rat Software

Holy awesomeness.  *cheer*

Thanks for the hard work and update.

Will say missed opportunity to add the M1 Carbine. (There were more Carbine's built during ww2 than Garands.)

Edited by raven4
I can't English properly.

6 minutes ago, raven4 said:

Thanks for the hard work and update.

Will say missed opportunity to add the M1 Carbine. (There were more Carbine's built during ww2 than Garands.)

Yeah we were saddened that they were not ready in time.. They are in progress though.

What's the best way to transport the old key map setting into the new install so I don't have to go through it once again.

15 minutes ago, dre21 said:

What's the best way to transport the old key map setting into the new install so I don't have to go through it once again.

For what units type?
here is infantry

<controlset version = "1.0.0" keyboard = "us" language = "english" >
	<control>
		<function>cycle ammo</function>
		<key>backspace</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>crouch</function>
		<key>f</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>sprint</function>
		<combo>
			<key>left shift</key>
			<key>w</key>
		</combo>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>autorun</function>
		<key>g</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>lower weapon</function>
		<key>l</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>walk</function>
		<key>t</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>turn left</function>
		<key>left arrow</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>turn right</function>
		<key>right arrow</key>
	</control>

<control>
		<function>prone</function>
		<key>v</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>forward</function>
		<key>w</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>backward</function>
		<key>s</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>strafe right</function>
		<key>d</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>strafe left</function>
		<key>a</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>turn right</function>
		<key>right</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>turn left</function>
		<key>left</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>reload</function>
		<key>r</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>gunsight\altdeploy</function>
		<mousebutton>2</mousebutton>
		<key>x</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>use weapon</function>
		<mousebutton>1</mousebutton>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>trooper look left</function>
		<key>q</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>trooper look right</function>
		<key>e</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>select weapon 1</function>
		<key>1</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>select weapon 2</function>
		<key>2</key>
	</control>
		<control>
		<function>select weapon 3</function>
		<key>3</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>select weapon 4</function>
		<key>4</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>select weapon 5</function>
		<key>5</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>select weapon 6</function>
		<key>6</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>select weapon 7</function>
		<key>7</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>select weapon 8</function>
		<key>8</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>select weapon 9</function>
		<key>9</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>select weapon 10</function>
		<key>0</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>ride/unride vehicle</function>
		<key>j</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>vertical aim axis</function>
		<mouseaxis>y</mouseaxis>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>horizontal aim axis</function>
		<mouseaxis>x</mouseaxis>
	</control>
	<control function="doubletime emote">
		<combo>
			<key>left control</key>
			<key>1</key>
		</combo>
	</control>
	<control function="get down emote">
		<combo>
			<key>left control</key>
			<key>2</key>
		</combo>
	</control>
	<control function="halt emote">
		<combo>
			<key>left control</key>
			<key>3</key>
		</combo>
	</control>
	<control function="moveout emote">
		<combo>
			<key>left control</key>
			<key>4</key>
		</combo>
	</control>
	<control function="request ammo emote">
		<combo>
			<key>left control</key>
			<key>5</key>
		</combo>
	</control>
	<control function="deploy">
		<key>b</key>
	</control>
	<control function="toggle free look">
		<key>n</key>
	</control>
	<control function="trooper lean left">
		<key>z</key>
	</control>
	<control function="trooper lean right">
		<key>c</key>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>mouse look x</function>
		<mouseaxis>x</mouseaxis>
	</control>
	<control>
		<function>mouse look y</function>
		<mouseaxis>y</mouseaxis>
	</control>	
	<control function="gunsight range decrease">
		<key>page down</key>
	</control>
	<control function="gunsight range increase">
		<key>page up</key>
	</control>
	<control function="jump signal emote">
		<combo>
			<key>left control</key>
			<key>6</key>
		</combo>
	</control>
	<control function="select next weapon">
		<key>]</key>
		<mousebutton index="1">wheelup</mousebutton>
	</control>
	<control function="select previous weapon">
		<key>[</key>
		<mousebutton index="1">wheeldown</mousebutton>
	</control>
</controlset>

1 hour ago, Mosizlak said:

So we have to uninstall and reinstall?   Ugh...

The fresh install is the first we have required in many years. We are finding it has helped with a lot of the anomalies in game

My CFML files transferred over. I uninstalled on pc before installing the new update, but it doesn't delete your user/yourname/documents/battlegroundeurope folder. It remained, thus transferred just fine. They did update some keymaps for the infantry so its like "other games" but its a easy change back, which I did promptly. Infact I change other games to this games format more times than not.

1 person likes this

This keymap change was done half assed, by the looks of it. Many of the new default keys are reserving the old ones, even if they show up on the keymapper. For example, left alt and left shift are primary keybinds to show cursor in-game. Neither works now and you have to either remap the keys or put the left alt or whatever you desire to the secondary keymap position. 

Also there's lots of unresponsiveness with crouch and prone keys, when both primary and secondary keys are the same or mapped. I keep going back up from crouch (c) position, when i press the prone (v) button. I reported it in-game, if you rats wish to look into it.

Needless to say, the keybinds are pretty messy.

Edited by gretnine

11 minutes ago, gretnine said:

Also there's lots of unresponsiveness with crouch and prone keys, when both primary and secondary keys are the same or mapped. I keep going back up from crouch (c) position, when i press the prone (v) button. I reported it in-game, if you rats wish to look into it.

had the same unresponsiveness/slow > don't use same key for primary/secondary maps, especially if non-default key > normal responsiveness 

in fact try to avoid all/any duplicates anywhere for all various inf unit functions

MERLIN for all my units ,  I still think it's insert your own word here  that I have to remap all my keys again when the new players coming in ( usually a lot younger players that are more then capable of changing their own keys to what they desire)

Instead of changing our keymapper CRS should have had a thing for new players that download the game that takes them to the keymapper screen as one of the 1st things so they can change theirs as they desire, but nope we cater to the new kids and us old foxes need to flip everything and if things don't work will just [censored] off more vets that might say F it if things don't work for them anymore.

1 person likes this

Maybe I didn’t do this right but I downloaded over the old one I did not uninstall. It kept all my key Maps! Logged in game everything seemed to work. I don’t play infantry much so I can’t speak to responsiveness.

15 minutes ago, dre21 said:

MERLIN for all my units ,  I still think it's insert your own word here  that I have to remap all my keys again when the new players coming in ( usually a lot younger players that are more then capable of changing their own keys to what they desire)

Instead of changing our keymapper CRS should have had a thing for new players that download the game that takes them to the keymapper screen as one of the 1st things so they can change theirs as they desire, but nope we cater to the new kids and us old foxes need to flip everything and if things don't work will just [censored] off more vets that might say F it if things don't work for them anymore.

we're old. but we're still foxes as you say and should be able to remap our own stuff to put up with the young 'uns. just be thankful the game doesn't come with obligatory rap/trance/techno/drone music. 

Image result for young gamers meme

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, sorella said:

we're old. but we're still foxes as you say and should be able to remap our own stuff to put up with the young 'uns. just be thankful the game doesn't come with obligatory rap/trance/techno/drone music. 

Image result for young gamers meme

Rap , I would be out for sure.

Trance ,Techno I can put up with I'm European after all,  but any music while playing sucks in my opinion, I wanna hear the game. :)

Edited by dre21

I realize that the key map updates are creating some discomfort and getting used to. This was expected and not intended to be too much pain but it is intended to make sure that with new people join the game they are not thrown off really bad. 

I want you to think in reverse for a moment that the lack of familiarity with our keys as we currently have them with this update, and a new player who is expecting these keys how they feel when we don’t have them. Our job is to make sure we get new people coming in the door and that they stick and this was one of the highest requested items to be updated through our steam communication.

Because you are veterans of the game you understand how to update your key map her but the new guy who is expecting these keys do not. 

2 people like this

In the not so distant future my hope is to have things like the alt key which is now free look to be something that you have to “hold“ which will actually work to give people greater situational awareness as when you let go of that key it’ll snap the camera back forward. This update really focuses on the new player experience in a lot of ways to include making training optional again. In terms of the lack of responsiveness only the keys were adjusted,   nothing else was, like sensitivity or how it functions or anything. I think that may just be a greater criticism coming from paying closer attention to it and being uncomfortable with it. 

2 minutes ago, XOOM said:

In terms of the lack of responsiveness only the keys were adjusted,   nothing else was like it’s sensitivity or how it functions or anything. I think that may just be a greater criticism coming from paying closer attention to it and being uncomfortable with it. 

I [censored] hope you look at the reports and check for yourselves instead leaving it to this. I wonder how many other reported issues have been left unchecked when the responses are like this. 

1 person likes this