BLKHWK8

1.35.15 Readme

39 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, dre21 said:

MERLIN for all my units ,  I still think it's insert your own word here  that I have to remap all my keys again when the new players coming in ( usually a lot younger players that are more then capable of changing their own keys to what they desire)

Instead of changing our keymapper CRS should have had a thing for new players that download the game that takes them to the keymapper screen as one of the 1st things so they can change theirs as they desire, but nope we cater to the new kids and us old foxes need to flip everything and if things don't work will just [censored] off more vets that might say F it if things don't work for them anymore.

Good idea!  Take them directly to the keymapper right off the bat, and have them use this pita utility as their first introduction to the game.  I am sure this will increase subscriptions.

Basic keys should be regrouped in a "main section" , and other fancy or unatural keymaps regrouped in an "advanced" section.

mouse sensitivity in game is non existent.  MIN or MAX is doesn't do anything in game.. I have to swipe 3 times just to turn 180.

Even if I set my DPI on my mouse higher.. the mouse cursor zooms in menu.. but in game its slow.

37 minutes ago, boxrat said:

mouse sensitivity in game is non existent.  MIN or MAX is doesn't do anything in game.. I have to swipe 3 times just to turn 180.

Even if I set my DPI on my mouse higher.. the mouse cursor zooms in menu.. but in game its slow.

do you happen to have an infantry.calib file in your cfml folder?

9 hours ago, dre21 said:

MERLIN for all my units ,  I still think it's insert your own word here  that I have to remap all my keys again when the new players coming in ( usually a lot younger players that are more then capable of changing their own keys to what they desire)

Instead of changing our keymapper CRS should have had a thing for new players that download the game that takes them to the keymapper screen as one of the 1st things so they can change theirs as they desire, but nope we cater to the new kids and us old foxes need to flip everything and if things don't work will just [censored] off more vets that might say F it if things don't work for them anymore.

I think mostly infantry changed and a few globals like free look?
but if you need more unit classes, give me a bit to make some up for you.
you wont want my keys probably, so i gotta edit them back to the old defaults in notepad but i am not at home presently

I mean they changed what? 4 keys...i just changed them back in two seconds to the old way. Easy Peasy.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, gretnine said:

I [censored] hope you look at the reports and check for yourselves instead leaving it to this. I wonder how many other reported issues have been left unchecked when the responses are like this. 

Personally being involved with the changes made to the key mapper, I am speaking with some confidence that I legitimately did not modify anything to do with sensitivity or responsiveness. That is was the intended goal of mentioning this, not to give you the impression I was dismissing your commentary, sorry it came across that way.

4 hours ago, XOOM said:

Personally being involved with the changes made to the key mapper, I am speaking with some confidence that I legitimately did not modify anything to do with sensitivity or responsiveness. That is was the intended goal of mentioning this, not to give you the impression I was dismissing your commentary, sorry it came across that way.

Correction, I'm not trying to say that this change made the issues arise. But you know what? This game is a Pandora's box. Can you with certainty, say that there couldn't be issues on the keymapper in the first place? What if people started to notice it just now because we actually had to look for it due to the changes from the patch? I've played this game long enough to know what is new and what is old. What feels way off and what doesn't.

Oh, And It's not just about sensitivity or responsiveness. I still urge your team to check the reports and see if there is anything. Esp. when it comes to the primary and secondary inputs.. 

Edited by gretnine

14 hours ago, raven4 said:

I mean they changed what? 4 keys...i just changed them back in two seconds to the old way. Easy Peasy.

Everytime I had to do a full reinstall all my keymaps went back to default,  hence I had to redo everything. 

As you say it's like what 4 keys , we cater to the new kids for 4 keys cause all other games have them ? Instead of hey new kids here is the keymapper please adjust to your liking as the 1st sceen?

Sure sounds to me the changes have brought new issues to some which would have not happened if CRS would have brought new players to the key mapper screen 1st. But nope we fiddle with something that works for 4 keys and now players have issues that have been playing this game a lot longer then the new kids that might come in.

Game won't work for the old guys that are used to certain things that now might say ahhh to heck with it I'm done not doing this again .

I haven't installed the new patch yet but sure hope I don't run into issues , cause I'm tired of trying to fix things that worked just fine before the patch especially when it come to a keymap setter that just required 4 key changes for the new kids which could have been fixed as I descriped above.

19 hours ago, GrAnit said:

Good idea!  Take them directly to the keymapper right off the bat, and have them use this pita utility as their first introduction to the game.  I am sure this will increase subscriptions.

Granit I'm not sure how to take your post , if you are mocking it or not. But the 1st thing I do when I start to play a new game is check the keymapper or on a PS4 to see what all my buttons do cause nothing is more frustrating then trying to figure it out in game while playing. 

I was being sarcastic. From my POV the last thing I would want to do, if I were trying this game for the first time, wouldto try and figure the keymapper.  I find it very clunky and somewhat difficult to configure.  The game has enough annoying idiosyncrasies to deal with for basic game play already (e.g., UI), and directing a new player to the key mapper utility is not, IMO, a good way to start the WWIIOL experience.  Best to make the default keycap as standard as possible.

2 hours ago, dre21 said:

Everytime I had to do a full reinstall all my keymaps went back to default,  hence I had to redo everything. 

As you say it's like what 4 keys , we cater to the new kids for 4 keys cause all other games have them ? Instead of hey new kids here is the keymapper please adjust to your liking as the 1st sceen?

Sure sounds to me the changes have brought new issues to some which would have not happened if CRS would have brought new players to the key mapper screen 1st. But nope we fiddle with something that works for 4 keys and now players have issues that have been playing this game a lot longer then the new kids that might come in.

Game won't work for the old guys that are used to certain things that now might say ahhh to heck with it I'm done not doing this again .

I haven't installed the new patch yet but sure hope I don't run into issues , cause I'm tired of trying to fix things that worked just fine before the patch especially when it come to a keymap setter that just required 4 key changes for the new kids which could have been fixed as I described above.

If you're worried about your keymaps changing...save your cfml file to your desktop, Then put it in after you download the game. Like I said, mine saved over because windows didn't uninstall the user/document file. I'm not a new player, it was a easy fix back to the old way.

Crouch, Prone, getting into a vehicle, binos and free look are all that changed from what I can tell.

2 hours ago, raven4 said:

If you're worried about your keymaps changing...save your cfml file to your desktop, Then put it in after you download the game. Like I said, mine saved over because windows didn't uninstall the user/document file. I'm not a new player, it was a easy fix back to the old way.

Crouch, Prone, getting into a vehicle, binos and free look are all that changed from what I can tell.

Mine actually stayed the same too , so I guess all good .

23 hours ago, merlin51 said:

do you happen to have an infantry.calib file in your cfml folder?

yes..

It's strange.. seems like the Standard Mouse sensitivity and the aiming mouse sensitivity should be swapped.. if I set the aiming mouse sensitivity to max(more).. I can do 360's  with min movement of the mouse while aiming , but if I set more(max) to standard mouse sensitivity then it take at least 2 swipes of the mouse to turn 180.  I have no issue in other games dialing the cross hairs on enemies very quickly but this game is generally very clunky with their infinity.  

One other thing.. not sure if its my pc doing this.. but the modeling of the weapons seem to jitter a lot , not talking about the sway when you aim.. but the weapon is actually twitching around, which makes it more difficult to aim. 

Cant wait for the DLC to drop. :)