Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

MG AAA AI shooting at infantry

Scking

We are aware that the MG AAA AI are shooting at infantry in 1.35.15.0. Expect that to be fixed in the next hotfix (1.35.15.1). So in the mean time, be careful around the MG AAA AI as it has a 360deg traverse and it’s not forgiving.

LOL we had this ages ago when AI would shoot at everything. Some FBs where in range of AI at the AFs and you would get decimated by the HVY AAA guns soon as you left the VEH. That was a feature and soon discarded.  Then there was the accidental enemy AF. So when you spawned your plane in, the AF was enemy held and all the AI would blow your plane to Sh...t. Then you would respawn and it was your sides AF. Proof of parallel dimensions?

5 hours ago, delems said:

Sounds good!  Keep it in!

A little more defensive fire around the ABs be good.

Depends on the type of ai as some of them are firing a 360 arc 

29 minutes ago, choad said:

I would just like to know how/why it was changed.

Because i was doing something as a test, and it found it's way out the door by mistake.
It's my fault

This has to be fixed, undebatable.

AA AI pit is extremely accurate, it has a VERY LONG range (a lot more than regular AIs), 360º vis and basically unlimited ammo. It can shoot for long periods without reammo.

A min ago one of it locked down a FMS and it was a silly madness.

This and a few other issues will be in a hotfix coming up with a goal of being released next week but it’s still early to give an exact time.

13 minutes ago, vanapo said:

Just out of curiosity - do you know how/why  this bug occured? There has been no changes to AI, right?

CRS has already told us it was a development test that inadvertently was made in the release-candidate branch of the code stream, and wasn't removed before release because naturally it shouldn't have been there in that branch.

See five posts up.

Edited by jwilly

5 hours ago, dropbear said:

Tell me ONE reason why it is going to take a week? to fix this...

Because we are a team of volunteers who have real lives, work and family. First priority is family and paying the bills. Creating a patch isn't a five minute process and it has to undergo testing which adds more volunteers into the equation and thus more time.

It'll be fixed as soon as we can, thank you for your understanding.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, goreblimey said:

should have been fixed prior to campaign start.....

man.. think of the complaints of having a week long intermission.. Some can’t handle a 1 day intermission.. 

• Like 1

Tell that to the new players getting decimated by the AAA ai - Merlin has told us it was inadvertent but you still claim it will take a week to implement a change back.

Of course we appreciate you are volunteers...but your PAYING CUSTOMERS ARE NOT. 

25 minutes ago, dropbear said:

Tell that to the new players getting decimated by the AAA ai - Merlin has told us it was inadvertent but you still claim it will take a week to implement a change back.

Of course we appreciate you are volunteers...but your PAYING CUSTOMERS ARE NOT. 

I am a paying customer and a volunteer and I hate the ai killing me. I want it fixed as much as the next guy!

• Like 1

There are more things that will be in this hotfix than just the aa ai.. We have two missing bunkers, a bunker seen as a city cp, and some performance issues working with the server plus it was a holiday weekend. I spent over 4 hours on a team call yesterday, instead of being with my family,  working on some of this. And as @Nick said, we are paying our subscriptions as well as volunteering.. 

• Like 1

I'm telling you how the axis are gonna win campaign 156. AI is doing all their job, doesn't even need any player.

Happened more then once already... We capped Herbeumont entirely, was down to AB, couldn't even get close without being decimated by the AAA AI pit.

I'm seeing squad mates logging every nite because of that bug... I myself logged a few minutes ago for that.

Need that fix ASAP.

S!

8 minutes ago, mazzoni85 said:

I'm telling you how the axis are gonna win campaign 156. AI is doing all their job, doesn't even need any player.

Funny thing is, some will actually believe that the AI is programmed to be biased for the other side. Unfortunately I have seen nuttier claims as well. 

17 minutes ago, mazzoni85 said:

Need that fix ASAP.

S!

We will get a patch out as soon as we can get everything together and tested. We have no reason to hold it back other than it not being ready.

Its both sides. Why would you think it was only 1? 

The problem is, its deadly. 700m, 800m. You can't tell its there until you're in [censored]. But atg or aaa can walk up to it  

• Like 1

I think those ai n aa should be more deadly  not lazy...crank them up more  so we know our work will be easy ,, right now I find ai falling asleep (bug) in AB for letting  allie walk right in with welcome mat...at bunker