m4t4p4j4r4

About the new DLC and future changes.

64 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, sgthenning said:

So this is the direction this game is going trying to compete with COD and other games like it.

I am sitting here, scratching my head. You really think this game is going COD?!

Did you explain to your son that DLC in this regard means that you can finally buy the all time access to some inferior units without having to be subbed anymore? Kind of a cheap "basic game access" version available for people who don't want to pay a full renewing sub?

Or did you just say "They sell DLCs now" which normally is exactly the other way around, the possibilty to purchase superior units as addition to the base game?

Either way I find your critizism a bit harsh, especially claiming "no bugs got fixed" etc. Vasdutens rant has some valid points at least. But yours.... leaves me sitting here, scratching my head.

Edited by vanapo
1 person likes this

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:14 AM, B2K said:

You are correct that we need numbers to make the game better.   Thousands on each side would indeed make the game

Free accounts are not being deleted, the model around them is changing and being renamed, but anyone with a current subscription (or tries the game in the future) will be able to continue to play even if they never subscribe.  

We are in fact taking actions which should result in an increase in numbers.

1) For the first time in the games history - DLC is being offered for purchase.  

2) For the first time in the games history - A player can subscribe/unsubscribe/resubscribe using the same account (vs having to make a separate free account)

We will continue to change things with the goal of bettering the overall player experience.   Undoubtedly, some changes will be good while a few may not turn out as intended.  From each we will observe the impact of the decision and adjust accordingly.  

Also, I'd like to encourage you to give the game a spin, make a sortie or two to try it out and see what it's like.  Help to increase the numbers that so keenly observe we need to make the overall experience better. 

your not going to increase numbers in this game not the way you just bent over all the premium subscribers you will be lucky if most of them don't to free to play or unsub. BTW since you made free to play rifle only and took away the mp34 I would dare say more wont even bother with it now. Your expectations are unrealistic and your only fooling your self.

59 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

your not going to increase numbers in this game not the way you just bent over all the premium subscribers you will be lucky if most of them don't to free to play or unsub. BTW since you made free to play rifle only and took away the mp34 I would dare say more wont even bother with it now. Your expectations are unrealistic and your only fooling your self.

Yeah, I might have logged in occasionally with the F2P account they gifted me upon unsubbing. But rifle only? Can't even tow? Nah, I'll pass. 

I can understand what Rats are trying to do

f2p account - limitless demo

And if someone likes the game, he can then unlock part of the gameplay with DLC (which is best damn decision they made), or sub for everything.

It would be just best if someone could purchase everything with DLC, not just  first few tiers.

But then the problem arises that Rats would need consistently creating new stuff.

This business model is not Call of Duty, the game has went Call of Duty in 2004 with Attack Order - which the current team is changing for 1.36 as I understand - so the current Rat team is making good decisions and is bringing the game in correct way.Keep on going new Rats, you are making good progress.

For me perfectly would be, if the game was b2p.  one time fee of 60$ - everything unlocked - and then pay for the future DLC (drop the sub)

Edited by nugitxx

With  one time fee of 60$ and  future DLC for purchase, there could be even in-game cash-shop with cosmetics - with skins for vehicles and customizations options for your soldier.

So, don't blame 'the current Rats'.

The current team so far from what i've seen is doing everything they can and with good decisions, in making the game good again.

I don't want to sound like i'm telling anyone what to do, but If I was running this ship, here is my suggestion on what I would do.

Drop the 'f2p' naming - it's all in the mind of people - when someone thinks 'f2p' he thinks the whole game will free and unlocked, which is not correct.

1) Instead of 'f2p' call it 'demo' - the rifle account.

2) Change the sub to one time fee of 60 $ - everything unlocked

3)  future DLC for purchase (with what you currently decided)

4) in game cash-shop with cosmetics (skins for vehicles, planes, tanks, customization for soldier - helmets, jackets, pants, boots, gloves etc)

Subscriptions, the recurring revenue model, is the backbone to our success. We won't do anything to disrupt that. We will, as we are now, explore supplemental ways to diversify how we carve out offers, much like we've done with this DLC stuff. It's a starting point and will teach us a lot about how to proceed and refine it. It's a delicate balance.

On 8/30/2018 at 0:58 PM, vasduten1 said:

Well how about a comment like this from an old vet who played since before the launch?

I don't know the answer to, "How can we get more players?!?" but I know this: WWIIOL is missing the MMO in MMOFPS.

The air war is imbalanced, the tanking game is mediocre, the infantry play is blocky and a fella can't even so much as step over a log or wall. Nope, got to run around it.
It's 2018 and all an infantry player can do is hit Q or E to look left or right.

The weapons randomizing even the first shot from a rest is lame, the loopty-loop Havocs and DB7s that shrug off the concept of wing stress, drop a 500lb bomb at 500ft... the lack of an MG42, the rambo-ing of LMGs as people jog and clear a room... What more needs to be mentioned?

The graphics?!? That everything done to or introduced into this game has been half-arsed since it's launch in 2000?

Sheesh.

Now please... here's the CEO calling out an OP for commenting from an account that's only been active for a few hours. The shameful part is that it takes a new player less than ten minutes to get fed up and decide they AREN'T going to pay a sub for this game. 

hahaha

How very rich.

also... sad.

I have already commented to say my post was unproductive. I then responded with a more appropriate response. No one is perfect, right?

There was a time when you were a motivated and solid contributor to the game, who cared about what's going on. By your posting I assume you care to some degree, but you're channeling your energy towards the consistent negative, just look at your posting here. How is that being productive?

It's very easy to sit back and be critical, it's another to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done to keep the game alive and going forward. It, and I, may not be perfect, but it's undeniable the herculean effort that every community member and Rat / CRS contributor gives here is commendable.

I hope for the day to see you return to your old self, the one that people looked at and had no doubt, you were one of us.

1 hour ago, XOOM said:

Subscriptions, the recurring revenue model, is the backbone to our success. We won't do anything to disrupt that. We will, as we are now, explore supplemental ways to diversify how we carve out offers, much like we've done with this DLC stuff. It's a starting point and will teach use a lot about how to proceed and refine it. It's a delicate balance.

I believe that, but at the same time - subscriptions is what is driving a lot of people out from the game.

I believe that the future DLC purchase will show this, that more people will be playing the game with 1 time purchased DLCs, than subscribers.

If so, I strongly recommend to re-think it over.

The DLC model which you are making, strongly points into the 1 time fee option. Would it be better to sell 500 for 60$ or have 50 active payers of 15$ ? - both financialy and in-game population of players.

Edited by nugitxx

4 minutes ago, nugitxx said:

I believe that, but at the same time - subscriptions is what is driving a lot of people out from the game.

I believe that the future DLC purchase will show this, that more people will be playing the game with 1 time purchased DLCs, than subscribers.

If so, I strongly recommend to re-think it over.

The DLC model which you are making, strongly points into the 1 time fee option. Would it be better to sell 500 for 60$ or have 50 active payers of 15$ ?

I think right now we need to collect results and analyze them. Literally just today, we released the DLC Packs, opening up the first one time purchase options EVER in 17 years of business history. We're already taking a bit of a risk here and want to mitigate it as much as possible. So patience, data collection and analysis / product refinement will be required. 

We've had a lot of people step up around here saying they want to maintain the subscription model. It's a simple affordable rate for the people we have here, and they prefer the fairness over the nickel and diming that micro-transactions provide. We're also working to create further value in our subscriptions overall.

This is not an easy or quick thing to solve but we are exploring and making some big logical changes that are necessary to adapt the product. We'll keep an open mind but we have to move with caution and calculation. 

We are listening and trying to appeal to this new crowd while maintaining our existing folks happy. Not an easy thing to do :) 

3 people like this

Purchasing my fighter pack right now :) , and i'm coming back to game thanks to the one time purchase.

Edited by nugitxx

8 hours ago, nugitxx said:

Purchasing my fighter pack right now :) , and i'm coming back to game thanks to the one time purchase.

Sweet!

sgthenning you still have all the access to all the toys you had for years, just because we're adding a DLC for players who want a different option than paying full subscription price doesn't change your world in the slightest, I'd hardly call that bending over the long time paying customer, I've seen your comments all week and I've tried to understand your reasoning but I fail to see a valid complaint.

Your game hasn't changed

We're addressing any new bugs that have popped up, none are game breakers.

2 people like this