Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Battle Of Essen Awards

hateract

Attention to Orders, 

Yesterday saw some of the toughest fighting of this, or any campaign. In a daring morning offensive the Allies launched and attack to push on Essen and the surrounding towns of Ratingen, Oberhausen and Mulheim Airfield. Later that evening the Axis launched a massive counter attack onto Essen lasting over six hours of constant battle. Ending in a counter that saw the Allies gain the town of Velbert. All these fights combined shall be considered for clarity as the "Battle of Essen" During this battle, Allied soldiers distinguished themselves with their dedication and determination. The following players have been recognized as going above and beyond, and having a great impact on the massive Allied victory. 

GRIPFAST

Army Gallantry

army_gallantry_zpsd1cc05ad.gif

His citation reads, 

During the fighting in the town of Ratingen GRIPFAST did distinguish himself by assisting the capture of spawnable CP by cutting with his rifle before pushing forward and aiding in the capture of the Army Base.

SPARTACUSX

Allied Expeditionary Medal of Merit

AEMOM_zps4f42eb22.gif

AEMoM_ribbon_zpsfe83fe3a.gif

His citation reads, 

SPARTACUSX was a critical player in the morning offensive. He aided in almost every capture and defense. Always urging his fellow players on and helping maintain the initiative. His efforts had an immeasurable effect on the Allied victory. 

DAOKOTH1

Air Force Gallantry

air_force_gallantry_zps2e94cc7a.gif

His citation reads, 

DAOKOTH1 provided invaluable close air support for his comrades during the morning attacks ensuring that the Axis were held at bay so ground troops could secure the final objectives. 

CASSIE420

ERASAMO

CRASSUS6

NANGABOY

Liberation of Germany

libger_ribbon_zps22310156.gif

Their citation reads, 

These players distinguished themselves during the initial assault on Essen, capturing and guarding critical CPS as well as storming the final Axis bastion in the city located in the North Army Base where the fighting was most bitter. 

MEENERKOER

Allied Airborne Paratrooper Ribbon

361AIRBORNE2_ribbon_zps84e3954f.gif

His citation reads, 

MEENERKOER was a lone allied paratrooper willing to go in alone during the assault and assisted in the capture and defense of an Allied spawnable allowing his fellow soldiers to capture the city. 

BOOMSTUK

GOREBLIMEY

Army Service Order

ASO_ribbon_zpsed1cdc39.gif

Their citation reads, 

It was these officers and their dedication and leadership that drove forward the offensive and kept the Allies motivated and rolling. They not only maintained and pushed communications but were present on the ground aiding their fellow players by running FMS and armor, and leading the way to capture CPS and ABs. 

BMBM

MANHATTAN

Air Force Gallantry

air_force_gallantry_zps2e94cc7a.gif

During the defense of Essen BMBM, and MANHATTAN provided constant air support. Together they bombed key bridges a long with enemy FMS. In addition their spotting of Axis resupply and FMS as well provided critical support for forces on the ground.

WARPONY

TOXAWAY

REEFERMON

PLAYTIME

DMW

LORDGHEE1

CHZACC

PIAZZONI 

COLT3672

LAPSIS1

TALMAN

Liberation of Germany

libger_ribbon_zps22310156.gif

In conjunction with, 

Defense Ribbon

Defense_ribbon_zps40a7b2fb.gif

Their citation reads, 

The Axis counter attack on Essen was a prolonged and immense effort, and at some points this key city in the heart of the Axis heartland seemed like it was going to be retaken. It took incredible vigilance, teamwork and communication to hold the ABs and CPS. the North Army Base changed hands 4 times, some CPs over ten times. These players led the defense and worked the recapture efforts. Made sure defensive FMS were set and encouraged and organized their fellow players fighting onward to the final liberation of the city and the success of the Allied counter attack on Velbert. 

BLUNGUT

Cross of Great Britain

viM20GD.gif

iaza19629119686800_zps22c2d982.gif

His Citation Reads, 

During the defense of Essen, the Axis were using multiple bridges to get armor and resupply to feed their attack. Despite Axis resistance and having to make multiple attempts, BLUDNGUTS persistence and dedication paid off and he was key in destroying two of the main bridges allowing the enemy to advance. 

GENX

Allied Expeditionary Medal of Merit

AEMOM_zps4f42eb22.gif

AEMoM_ribbon_zpsfe83fe3a.gif

His Citation Reads, 

GENX's efforts in running a DFMS to the North Army Base proved key in the Allied ability to recapture and defend the key position. In addition he led the recapture effort and the defense of the AB. 

7TH AST 

CinC Unit Gallantry Citation

UnitGal_ribbon_zps87935818.gif

Their Citation Reads, 

During the end hours of the assault the 7TH AST led the recapture and defense of the Velbert spawn in Essen. Moving on, they pushed an Assault on the Essen-Remscheid Forward base, thus eliminating half of the enemy supply for their attack. Not satisfied with these already incredible battlefield feats, they led the counter-attack in Velbert setting a vital FMS and capturing the Spawn. Through these extraordinary efforts, the members of the 7TH AST helped turn a desperate defense into the highwater mark of the BAttle of Essen.

And Finally...

WOLFSTORM

Ground Forces Command Medal

Ground_ribbon_zpsbe131f48.gif

His Citation Reads, 

Though new to Allied High Command, WOLFSTORM stepped up last night helping lead the efforts in securing the Center and North Army bases in Essen, keeping the communications up and Allied Forces organized and working the liberation. He then helped lead friendly forces onward to capture the town of Velbert, securing a vital flank around Essen and ending the Axis hope of a successful recapture of their most valued city. 

To all who participated in the "Battle of Essen", great work and amazing fighting, it was definitely a memorable day in the World War Two Online Experience and those involved should be proud of their actions and those of their comrades. 

S!

-Hateract, COS, Allied Forces

Edited by hateract
  • Like 1

Fantastic Work by everyone involved - congratulations to those I fought alongside yesterday! As well as a huge salute to those who defended our prized gain. S!

Congratulations all. 
I will continue the lonely task of flying solo RDP missions in hopes that one day I shall be
knighted "Baron of Gray Matter", or at least "The Count of five".

cwlNpUrU63flDaty5tvyGBjkxkudrZ4xGBfYEUOfH04UcdOXnfY4AI1-h-zDitnhP9_xlNkKLpZhfnaSNwE3bPU9Z7TXQC_oZspcypuALI8cvn9Oft19wJgFdBYgSWS51EAHqiUzHlgBPJnHqIcT5GocNuzgKTFQLDJuoa0nv282C6ms3uiN3xlIwL63gwRPUEpwg0zI9pEdY9C-KFRoM54h3SHbS-VQ91Ir0Tb1gM-B1-fHqaf3FLrzevPrMzxrLU5qKPSNETsfx3rWjllGC-LcrfEQUzG1BAQkXtvp2B-0oQZzEPrzpeubBcLMW-VsGtfNM_bCQh1c2ojPHr6AhYhIsYM8IdMhgAJjF5TerQwTPxwtnRXMYx8R0TRgkMgsEXaN9rvGINZYKTEHCCJflKUgw00hIx52QiyV6tX_UyKwTAKc19aSZdu41_QtQ3qiif9Yd1nYDXjNO30r4DGA6kpS0ROXou8kd9U7HaT_Gcv_4UIS2DIVsZsRwLoWCHRzSfzBC_X6BmK54T6ZmmCIOQkbKUIIOcEeWVH9IYI58Ep_cICG6pcdlv6NQ65irVv8PMhGhx1kZzm1jhRL5jiBWSJL8gfyyiQOIFA-nVas06uMGKwCxfLAHi7fSaCQ4Yk=w1233-h694-no

Edited by dustyhc

Hateract I couldn't believe I actually received a metal and the Defense Ribbon at that. Someone - named N8R - we all know him as the kid that can kick some axis butts pm'd me to let me know that I received one and I told him don't mess with me you have got to be joking me - so don't Kid around Kid. Thanks N8R for letting me know other wise I might not have...........Salute

I had received a few Navy metals back in campaign 8 or so years ago campaign # 68 if I recall but not sure.  I do love to defend but not as much as a DD player both are something I can still do and enjoy in our game.

Congrats to every other player that also received a Metal and those that didn't this time.  I know there are many other players that deserve a metal also in this campaign that deserve and others that didn't receive one but your time will come. 

A huge >>-> Salute <<-< to everyone regardless of the side you play your all nice people's just ask Lord Jimmy he will tell you so. 

Thank You, Lt. Coronal Playtime

I Salute you , Hateract  " Sir "

Defense RibbonDefense_ribbon_zps40a7b2fb.gif

• Like 1

16 hours ago, playtime said:

Hateract I couldn't believe I actually received a metal and the Defense Ribbon at that. Someone - named N8R - we all know him as the kid that can kick some axis butts pm'd me to let me know that I received one and I told him don't mess with me you have got to be joking me - so don't Kid around Kid. Thanks N8R for letting me know other wise I might not have...........Salute

I had received a few Navy metals back in campaign 8 or so years ago campaign # 68 if I recall but not sure.  I do love to defend but not as much as a DD player both are something I can still do and enjoy in our game.

Congrats to every other player that also received a Metal and those that didn't this time.  I know there are many other players that deserve a metal also in this campaign that deserve and others that didn't receive one but your time will come. 

A huge >>-> Salute <<-< to everyone regardless of the side you play your all nice people's just ask Lord Jimmy he will tell you so. 

Thank You, Lt. Coronal Playtime

I Salute you , Hateract  " Sir "

Defense RibbonDefense_ribbon_zps40a7b2fb.gif

Yeah no problem, playtime. S! take care 

- n8r