rodsantos

Selective Fire

2 posts in this topic

There are several weapons in game, like the BAR, M1A1 Thompson, FG42 and the MG34, plus the upcoming STG44, which are only fully automatic. In real life, however, the user could switch between automatic and semi-auto modes, or "selective fire". Could this be applied in the game? This could add a good, realistic way to conserve ammunition, and I don't believe it would be too hard to code, though I'm no expert.

2 hours ago, rodsantos said:

There are several weapons in game, like the BAR, M1A1 Thompson, FG42 and the MG34, plus the upcoming STG44, which are only fully automatic. In real life, however, the user could switch between automatic and semi-auto modes, or "selective fire". Could this be applied in the game? This could add a good, realistic way to conserve ammunition, and I don't believe it would be too hard to code, though I'm no expert.

I remember speaking with Victarus about this some time ago, I recall he mentioned it'd take quite a bit of coding work to fulfill. So we did not pursue it because we were in the middle of putting out fires and regaining stability so we could develop again.

Just hasn't made its way back onto the list and we're trying to get our Roadmap completed at this time. 

Completely sensible suggestion and ideal to be fair. S!