Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZEBBEEE

Mission overhaul: multiple origins and Dynamic target

6 posts in this topic

I hope we someday bend over the core of our gameplay: missions. 

Starting point is their bad definition: What is a mission about?

Currently these mostly define a spawn to enter the world in, instead of bringing focus and organisation around an objective (although FMS rules had changed this a bit because of deployment rules).

I would suggest to put ressources on this to allow:

-1- having multiple origins: like most games, the player should be free to chose his preferred spawn point to reach his mission objective. Tanks should be able to spawn from AB while inf can spawn from a depot.

Some may fear this can decrease the experience of combined forces spawn but therefore I would introduce another feature focused on temporary "fire teams" creation and which should be independent of the mission definition.

-2- having dynamic target definition. The mission leader should be able to update the objective without closing his mission , hence keeping a group together and make the objective dynamically evolve according to the battle situation.

Please share your thoughts 

1 person likes this

-1- having multiple origins: like most games, the player should be free to chose his preferred spawn point to reach his mission objective. Tanks should be able to spawn from AB while inf can spawn from a depot.

that's a good idea

2) i don't realy get it :P

3 hours ago, Zebbeee said:

-2- having dynamic target definition. The mission leader should be able to update the objective without closing his mission , hence keeping a group together and make the objective dynamically evolve according to the battle situation.

This! Such a great idea. It is frustrating when you already spawned, say on a FB bust mission or in a plane, and then you decide to go somewhere else and can see no marks, no chat, cause you're in another target. 

Thumbs ub for this one. 

S!

Absolutely would be great to be able to change Target in a mission.

Really helps for navy and air force.

- 2 - I definitely support this.
- 1 - IMO, the mission leader need to be the main decision maker. And he needs tools to this. I talk about Army. One tool should be (might be) a slider. Something like this - "far left position Infantry, far right position Armour and between them - Mechanized Infantry". Depending by how he will set slider, its mission will gain ressources to mission with prescheduled  organizational structure. Now, based on this structure, we will have places where we allow to spawn. Will this task upon to mission leader, or mission's members will have own free will to choice, i'm not sure currently.

Edited by lemkeh

I would go a step further and suggest the following things in addition to having dynamic spawn point choices for large operations and dynamic target setting:

1) Mission leaders can kick unwelcome players from the mission.
2) Mission leaders can pre allocate/reserve a certain amount of supply for a mission. Anything that reserves more than 20 units would require HC approval of the mission.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0