• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nugitxx

Combining ideas for 1.36 (automatic missions + pop near town AO + town radar)

35 posts in this topic

I was a lone wolf myself and even i understand the limits of your proposals. EWS based AO is a good idea, i think we all agree. The implementation is tricky. The underpop side needs to be protected from mass triggering of AOs by the overpop. There needs to be a distinction to HC AO, and at least one disadvantage for the new AO.

You could try to only trigger Proximity AOs:

- if you keep EWS for a certain period; this again is counterproductive to the intention of not pissing of noobs imo plus you already have timers

- only if you get high EWS; not a problem to abuse this, not feasible

- you can only trigger a limited number of proximity AOs; goes against the whole idea imo, even if you tie this with population

- different timers, i'm most in favour of this. But it's up to debate and different ideas.

P.S: If anything there should be less radar, this was 80 years ago. Rommel and Manteuffel cut off radio contact to GHC to be able to further advance, because GHC didn't allow it. It should be an option to make yourself invisible to your own team(on the radar), would solve a lot of the spying too and increase communication.

Edited by arado234

EWS based AO is a good idea, i think we all agree

sonar

The underpop side needs to be protected from mass triggering of AOs by the overpop.

auto balance

There needs to be a distinction to HC AO, and at least one disadvantage for the new AO.

agree (or instead of disadvantage for new ao - bonus for HC AO)

If anything there should be less radar

I was thinking of that too,  disable the 'marking of players on map' - create a 'recon unit' that can only do that

It should be an option to make yourself invisible to your own team, would solve a lot of the spying too and increase communication.

that too

3 hours ago, nugitxx said:

It doesn't matter.

What counts is that he can do it - if someone wants, he can go alone and start trying to move the map - it doesn't matter if defenders will spawn and kill him.

This game is built on teamwork and combined arms not one man armies. This team listens to suggestions but that doesn't mean every suggestion is implimented.

This game is on the uptake, this year we have accomplished several things that have not happened in the last five.

New terrain new vehicles new classes fix to bugs, introduction of variable timers. 

This game is built on teamwork and combined arms not one man armies

Blkhwk8 you must surely remember that squads were big in open front times ;)

While I agree this is a team game, I look realisticaly also at gamers - look at other popular games, fortnite, counter strike, rust.

Apart from teamwork, in those games you can also play solo.

I'm not saying 'delete squads, make this a solo game' - just give some candy for solo players.

More players playing = better for everyone.

In open front times you could be 'a lone wolf' - let it be again, but without gimmicks that a player can ride half front by himself.

Edited by nugitxx

1 hour ago, nugitxx said:

Blkhwk8 you must surely remember that squads were big in open front times ;)

While I agree this is a team game, I look realisticaly also at gamers - look at other popular games, fortnite, counter strike, rust.

Apart from teamwork, in those games you can also play solo.

I'm not saying 'delete squads, make this a solo game' - just give some candy for solo players.

More players playing = better for everyone.

In open front times you could be 'a lone wolf' - let it be again, but without gimmicks that a player can ride half front by himself.

You can still be a lone wolf, but a lone wolf can not alter the direction of the war. The games you mentioned are geared towards FPS which we are not, we are an MMO which is why our game mechanics are geared towards teamwork. 

Squads are still relatively big, look at 91st, 505th, 7th AST, Lancers, AEF.

1 hour ago, BLKHWK8 said:

You can still be a lone wolf, but a lone wolf can not alter the direction of the war.

That's the point.

That's why WWIIOL 2001-2004 was fun, and after 2005 it's not fun anymore.

The games you mentioned are geared towards FPS which we are not

WWIIOL is a First-Person Shooter - you have the infantry combat

we are an MMO which is why our game mechanics are geared towards

MMO FPS

Edited by nugitxx

Nugitxx, give it up. You want a different game.

When you're arguing with the Community Manager that the game should be designed and marketed as an FPS instead of an MMO...

3 people like this

1 hour ago, jwilly said:

Nugitxx, give it up. You want a different game.

When you're arguing with the Community Manager that the game should be designed and marketed as an FPS instead of an MMO...

I don't want a different game, I want WWIIOL and not  Battlefield 1940

And you wonder why people are not playing? Because this is not wwiiol anymore, If they want the next Battlefield, they will go play Battlefield V.

There is nothing in the game 'of today' that others game do not have. WWIIOL selling point was ability for players to alter the direction of war in a big multiplayer environment. - which to this day, no other games provide.

WWIIOL was and still would be the only game to offer this if this feature came back.

Edited by nugitxx

24 minutes ago, nugitxx said:

I don't want a different game, I want WWIIOL and not  Battlefield 1940

And you wonder why people are not playing? Because this is not wwiiol anymore, If they want the next Battlefield, they will go play Battlefield V.

There is nothing in the game 'of today' that others game do not have. WWIIOL selling point was ability for players to alter the direction of war in a big multiplayer environment. - which to this day, no other games provide.

WWIIOL was and still would be the only game to offer this if this feature came back.

I respectfully disagree, this game is nothing like Battlefield 1940 or V. The games damage model alone (yes its a work in progress) is historically accurate from documented historical documents, this is not red v blue. The fact that you dont have to rotate a 50x50 square for playing a different map! I have been playing this game since September of 2001. I also played MOH, SW Galaxies, COD, BF and many more. I keep coming back to this one for 17 plus years why because there is nothing like it. Its not a run and gun, hey I found a med kit to restore full health type of game. It has a steep learning curve, and actually requires skill for each different class of weapons, which over time needs to be developed and worked on. Not to mention the actual comradery  this community has, which is one thing a lone wolf misses all together. I have made strong long lasting relationships in this game, that I have actually met these people in the real world. 

The community alone is what keeps most of us coming back. Its why we deal with the outdated graphics, and the bugs, and the frustration of the game mechanics. Its not perfect but it is ours. This game reminds me a lot of the game of golf. For those of you who play it they can relate. Its a game that requires skill and practice, and when you are playing you get frustrated and pissed off, especially if you are not hitting the ball well, but you come up to the 18th hole and somehow hit that one glorious shot which gives you the fever to come back.

WWIIOL is like that, you can have a bad day in game, and just get mowed down no matter what you do, but all it takes is that one mission where it comes together and you know someone on the other end is thinking How the Hell did Blkhwk8 just kill me?

The majority of my gameplay is infantry, and I remember the days of setting up domino caps, and sneaking into a bunker to take the town all by myself, but while it was fun for a little bit, the real fun was the full blown attrition battles where it was a kick ass fight from all sides. This is the reason we are still here after 17 years, and the others you mention have to re-sell the same game for 65.00 and 3 DLC packs of 19.99 every year. Its the same 10 maps with some makeup on it, and single action game play. COD can nail you for 125 a year and most of the time Im bored by the third week, as I completed the single player campaign and online no one wants to work as a team. 

4 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0