blakeh

No spawn delay

91 posts in this topic

I like it, however it would be nice to know which side is under pop on long in.  It might encourage a better distribution of players.

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Showing the local side balance over AO (next to friendly forces concentration) is a way to go.

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe put in a 5 sec SD, so system will show who is underpop, to those players that drift with the wind, so they know which way to go.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, delems said:

Maybe put in a 5 sec SD, so system will show who is underpop, to those players that drift with the wind, so they know which way to go.

 

Consider it Fog of War. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After you log into game, the first screen still shows who is overpop / underpop or balanced:

It is the first screen - where you pick your persona:  Axis, British or French persona.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

During the war both sides had some idea whether they where overpowered or not . Should be the same in game. Pseudo battlefield intelligence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whats wtrong with SD?    with no way to slow down the OP side it becomes rediculous when underpop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bez5678 said:

whats wtrong with SD?    with no way to slow down the OP side it becomes rediculous when underpop

It doesn't matter if cap timers make it longer for the OP side, it really doesn't. I saw it firsthand in Rethel the other day. We could just zerg the CPs and cap at will, because even if an EI killed 2 or 3 of us, we were back in the CP in 10 seconds lol. Force of numbers just overwhelmed the defenders. 

We could warp with no delay, making any warpable depot within range just as good as a spawnable.  Cap timers aren't worth a thing now lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, delems said:

False, cap timers very much slow down op side and give up side help.

Precisely. Balanced capture timers is helping to prevent total rolling while getting players into the battle faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, delems said:

False, cap timers very much slow down op side and give up side help.

 

Not one bit from what I saw. Not even close to helping. We just sat in the CP longer while the 2 or 3 EI tried to clear us, and when they did, we were back in 10 seconds instead of 30 lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mosizlak said:

Not one bit from what I saw. Not even close to helping. We just sat in the CP longer while the 2 or 3 EI tried to clear us, and when they did, we were back in 10 seconds instead of 30 lol. 

That's not good to hear :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll agree, the cap timers don't help as much if the under pop side is completely on defense.

But, if they get to their AO, the cap advantage begins to force the over pop side to defend.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mosizlak said:

Not one bit from what I saw. Not even close to helping. We just sat in the CP longer while the 2 or 3 EI tried to clear us, and when they did, we were back in 10 seconds instead of 30 lol. 

Hmm I'd like some more data on this. According to the design implementation that was not to be the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XOOM said:

Hmm I'd like some more data on this. According to the design implementation that was not to be the case.

I'm all for this experiment, just putting my experiences forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am definitely seeing longer spawn timers when overpop, and faster spawn timers when underpop this campaign.

Makes  sense with no spawn delay.

The main difference probably is when you have no SD you can still spawn in and do some stuff like hunt EMS, drive a new MS, guard a FB.  (Its not just about capping).

I must admit having no SD is nice, but I think its important to analyze the impact of no SD this campaign.

Cheers!

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, krazydog said:

I am definitely seeing longer spawn timers when overpop, and faster spawn timers when underpop this campaign.

Makes  sense with no spawn delay.

The main difference probably is when you have no SD you can still spawn in and do some stuff like hunt EMS, drive a new MS, guard a FB.  (Its not just about capping).

I must admit having no SD is nice, but I think its important to analyze the impact of no SD this campaign.

Cheers!

Well thought and level headed, appreciate this response. The last sentence specifically, this campaign is definitely about analyzing the effects of no spawn delay. With a hopeful suitable replacement at hand (more data to follow), we felt it was appropriate to give it a go in a real scenario (live campaign).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I applaud the idea behind it..BUT the underpop side had little supply (as it had all been destroyed), very few organised defenders, and at times either no HC  or AFK ones. This combined with a very active CRS prescence on ONE side made it a roll.

Is this what you want to present to possible subscribers? I certainly hope you got your "data".

Blind freddy could have told you this would happen... The AAA ai bug was just the icing on the cake.

 

We ALL HATE spawn delay, but with depot capture mechanics it is a necessary evil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am liking the new system so far.

VERY long to cap if you underpop, its very noticiable when you are OP or UP. I think dynamic timers is the way to go, as Krazy says CRS should analyze the data on this map for future adjustments and improvements.

S!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dropbear said:

I applaud the idea behind it..BUT the underpop side had little supply (as it had all been destroyed), very few organised defenders, and at times either no HC  or AFK ones. This combined with a very active CRS prescence on ONE side made it a roll.

Is this what you want to present to possible subscribers? I certainly hope you got your "data".

Blind freddy could have told you this would happen... The AAA ai bug was just the icing on the cake.

 

We ALL HATE spawn delay, but with depot capture mechanics it is a necessary evil.

  1. We'll be making modifications and try to have more staff on site to represent both sides. However CRS was not directly intended to be the only form of leadership online. This was our first go at a specific DLC unlock and we intend to do more. We'll make improvements going forward, as with all things. 
  2. The total amount of supply was equal on both sides, for both DLC equivalents. I'm not sure how much more we could've done. Do you have any suggestions regarding supply? Or was it purely because it wasn't as organized that the numbers went down so hard?
  3. We created an infusion of players to the campaign, and since this event occurred, total server player numbers have been higher than before. I'd call that a success and better for game play for both sides.
  4. The AAA AI bug was completely unintended and is slated for a hot fix QUICKLY to remove this from occurring. We know this is an issue and it wasn't something that was caught. Changes occur and sometimes have unintended consequences, that's software development.
  5. We're still keeping a close eye on spawn delay and it being gone and its affects on the campaign. We're also monitoring the balanced capture timers because we want to make sure they're performing as designed.
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kase250 said:

I am liking the new system so far.

VERY long to cap if you underpop, its very noticiable when you are OP or UP. I think dynamic timers is the way to go, as Krazy says CRS should analyze the data on this map for future adjustments and improvements.

S!

This is precisely what we are doing. We've had balanced capture timers, side persona delay, side switch delay, and spawn delay for a few campaigns now. Removing one of those delays and getting players into the battle faster once they're able to select their preferred side was considered optimal as it has been highly requested for many years now. The intent of developing the balanced capture timers was to remove spawn delay from being a "thing" of WWII Online if possible.

So yes monitoring the results is really key for this campaign, and it may extend further. We are not seeing the late night time zone 3 rolls, which was largely mitigated initially by having the balanced capture timers introduced to the game in the first place.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I know is that at 3am central time it's dead in the game world , for once I could actually count the players on our side that were online .

How do I know cause there were no players in our AO but we defended against the few Allied players that AOed our town.

I felt sorry for the 2 green tags , and like always I PMed them and nothing in return , tried local chat and mission chat same result . Shortly after that I logged . Allies might have capped the next town they AOed,  cause looked like they had HC on while we did not.  And they only had like 5 to 6 defenders to deal with tops that is if the green tags went where I told them to go.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:11 PM, Mosizlak said:

It doesn't matter if cap timers make it longer for the OP side, it really doesn't. I saw it firsthand in Rethel the other day. We could just zerg the CPs and cap at will, because even if an EI killed 2 or 3 of us, we were back in the CP in 10 seconds lol. Force of numbers just overwhelmed the defenders. 

We could warp with no delay, making any warpable depot within range just as good as a spawnable.  Cap timers aren't worth a thing now lol

 

I have not played but mb 2 days this map, but we experienced this in tZ3 the other night.. IIRC at Halle.  The Axis mb had 5 guys on by my AARs.  They could not retake the spawnable though they kept getting into it . Eventually they just stopped and tried to prevent us from taking the next cp... rinse and repeat. 

IMO, the cap timers only do work.  However we keep missing the mark which for some reason is to me pretty clear.  It deals with low pop, underpop situations.  Cap timers without SD ARE worthless, especially when we are dealing with a percentage instead of total numbers playing. 10 vrs 5 is a 50% overpop advantage.. even with max cap timer for the underpop side, the battle at the spawnable means that the underpop side has a 1:1 no spawn delay problem to where the attacker can clear the spawn... yet the defender cannot do jack to protect the AB or other cps. Which leads the defender to place a guard in the AB bunker.. so the attacker actually has the numerical superiority just at the spawn.  I think there should be a SD when it deals with low pop.  Just IMO.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stankyus said:

I have not played but mb 2 days this map, but we experienced this in tZ3 the other night.. IIRC at Halle.  The Axis mb had 5 guys on by my AARs.  They could not retake the spawnable though they kept getting into it . Eventually they just stopped and tried to prevent us from taking the next cp... rinse and repeat. 

IMO, the cap timers only do work.  However we keep missing the mark which for some reason is to me pretty clear.  It deals with low pop, underpop situations.  Cap timers without SD ARE worthless, especially when we are dealing with a percentage instead of total numbers playing. 10 vrs 5 is a 50% overpop advantage.. even with max cap timer for the underpop side, the battle at the spawnable means that the underpop side has a 1:1 no spawn delay problem to where the attacker can clear the spawn... yet the defender cannot do jack to protect the AB or other cps. Which leads the defender to place a guard in the AB bunker.. so the attacker actually has the numerical superiority just at the spawn.  I think there should be a SD when it deals with low pop.  Just IMO.

@OHM 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.