blakeh

No spawn delay

66 posts in this topic

Oh..just a side effect of the free tanks day. Which tank would you rather take? A 3f/38t/pz2 or a H39/R35?

Seriously? Most of the early French tanks are just pak fodder for the uninitiated.  Cannot see, cannot hear..most died without firing a shot.

Guess that part was realistic ;)

2 hours ago, dropbear said:

Oh..just a side effect of the free tanks day. Which tank would you rather take? A 3f/38t/pz2 or a H39/R35?

I'd take the R35.
Over all it out armors the 3 axis tanks you listed
Of those 3 tanks, only the 38T can kill it reliably at range.

It's gun is not terribly menacing, but it can kill those 3 panzers in a close range engagement ambush or flanking.

It has 2 speeds, slow, and really slow, it it can climb up things other vehicles can not.

I know the H39 is faster, but it does not seem to take a hit as well.

38T would be my next pick

*** French tanks are just pak fodder

lol, and every axis panzer is ATG fodder?  Much less just the IIC, IIIF and 38t?

1 hour ago, merlin51 said:

I'd take the R35.
Over all it out armors the 3 axis tanks you listed
Of those 3 tanks, only the 38T can kill it reliably at range.

It's gun is not terribly menacing, but it can kill those 3 panzers in a close range engagement ambush or flanking.

It has 2 speeds, slow, and really slow, it it can climb up things other vehicles can not.

I know the H39 is faster, but it does not seem to take a hit as well.

38T would be my next pick

The gun is actually very terrible. 

All the r35 is good for is camping depots, and that's only because it's ATR proof. 

You have to get so close to enemy tanks to have an even remote chance to kill them that their 37mm will shred you. 

gee i hate to agree with Mo but he's spot on..the R35 is useless against armor - gun quoted as penetrating 12mm of armour at 500m LOL.

If i had to pay for DLC and play tanks. No choice but AXIS i'm afraid. 

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

All the r35 is good for is camping depots, and that's only because it's ATR proof. 

You have to get so close to enemy tanks to have an even remote chance to kill them that their 37mm will shred you. 

Eh, at 100m or less it can punch about 30mm, good enough for a nice little ambush or flanking shot on the other 3.
It isn't really a vehicle whose primary design is to fight armor directly, but to provide direct support for infantry and attack soft targets.

1 hour ago, Mosizlak said:

:)

Edited by sgthenning

8 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

you got the matty and church7 suck it up butter cup

Errr, WTF are you talking about? 

On the Sunday event I only saw Tier0 tanks, so whatever the debate is about light tanks, in that tier these are good. 

I am personally wondering if these Tier0 tankers will understand that without sticking to heavier armour in the next tiers they may indeed not survive that long.

we need a game-wide gentleman agreement for heavy tankers: don’t kill light tanks if these are not threatening you directly :)

@OHMcould even decide to give no points to heavy tanks for killing Tier0 tanks, I would be okay with this!

1 person likes this

All downloadable content packs = Tier 0 equipment fyi. This was very intentional so that they'd be there for the whole campaign and maintain the value of our subscriptions.

I know you think you are doing them a service XOOM but what do you think the players will think when they are being one-shotted from higher tier equipment?

Do you THINK they will pony up to a subscription? I am of the thought that they may be annoyed to the max knowing they have bought a DLC that is essentially useless for the vast majority of a campaign. How about having the DLC players have equipment one or two levels below subscribers?

9 hours ago, dropbear said:

I know you think you are doing them a service XOOM but what do you think the players will think when they are being one-shotted from higher tier equipment?

Do you THINK they will pony up to a subscription? I am of the thought that they may be annoyed to the max knowing they have bought a DLC that is essentially useless for the vast majority of a campaign. How about having the DLC players have equipment one or two levels below subscribers?

Remember these are one time purchases and an entry point to other dlc efforts. Tier 0 tanks still have a purpose later in the game, but they are more used in support role. Teamwork is the essence of this game. I love using the H35 to cover the Sherman from sappers and Shrek's. 

20 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Errr, WTF are you talking about? 

He's so side biased he's ready to lash out at any who disagree with him.

Even Axis players apparently lol.  

2 people like this

On 9/12/2018 at 0:08 AM, Zebbeee said:

we need a game-wide gentleman agreement for heavy tankers: don’t kill light tanks if these are not threatening you directly :)

Unfortunately gentlemen's agreements  never work for many reasons.   The biggest is not everyone gets the message. 

On 9/11/2018 at 9:35 AM, stankyus said:

I have not played but mb 2 days this map, but we experienced this in tZ3 the other night.. IIRC at Halle.  The Axis mb had 5 guys on by my AARs.  They could not retake the spawnable though they kept getting into it . Eventually they just stopped and tried to prevent us from taking the next cp... rinse and repeat. 

IMO, the cap timers only do work.  However we keep missing the mark which for some reason is to me pretty clear.  It deals with low pop, underpop situations.  Cap timers without SD ARE worthless, especially when we are dealing with a percentage instead of total numbers playing. 10 vrs 5 is a 50% overpop advantage.. even with max cap timer for the underpop side, the battle at the spawnable means that the underpop side has a 1:1 no spawn delay problem to where the attacker can clear the spawn... yet the defender cannot do jack to protect the AB or other cps. Which leads the defender to place a guard in the AB bunker.. so the attacker actually has the numerical superiority just at the spawn.  I think there should be a SD when it deals with low pop.  Just IMO.

Yup Halle was the next town you guys AOed,  I did send all the guys I could there , that included the 2 green tags. 

You are about right with the 5 guys . Was maybe 8 or 10 at the town before Halle . 

I know it was that night cause we ran into each other at the town before Halle.

12 hours ago, dre21 said:

Yup Halle was the next town you guys AOed,  I did send all the guys I could there , that included the 2 green tags. 

You are about right with the 5 guys . Was maybe 8 or 10 at the town before Halle . 

I know it was that night cause we ran into each other at the town before Halle.

You where in a PzF the town before and plugged me trying to get get across the road and then trying to flank out behind the buildings a couple of times. I sapped your tank 3 (for a total of 6 HEAT charges) different times but could not get you to flame up. I have no idea why that was because usually it works. I remember well. We had about 15 there.

Halle started out somewhat difficult at the spawn but once we got it, as long as ppl checked the flag building it did not take long for me to understand that the town would fall. We had 12 in the beginning and about 10 when the bunker went down. I assume you where the bunker defense - I know somebody had said you had killed them in the AB. Mook did a excellent job btw, he seemed to be everywhere. Once we got that closest depot to our spawnable the guys started to beeline the AB and put pressure on it to box up the few defenders.

Once the Stuka and 09 showed up, I figured some of the ground guys got tired. I sat for a bit looking to cut the bunker and I think I saw mb two infantry actually trying to clear the bunker, but tbh by that time because of the rinse and repeat attempts I think they where the only two left on the ground defending. I did not even shoot at them, just watched as they entered the bunker to get cut down. I think we had 6 guys in there.  I logged after the cap.

On 9/14/2018 at 11:00 AM, stankyus said:

You where in a PzF the town before and plugged me trying to get get across the road and then trying to flank out behind the buildings a couple of times. I sapped your tank 3 (for a total of 6 HEAT charges) different times but could not get you to flame up. I have no idea why that was because usually it works. I remember well. We had about 15 there.

Halle started out somewhat difficult at the spawn but once we got it, as long as ppl checked the flag building it did not take long for me to understand that the town would fall. We had 12 in the beginning and about 10 when the bunker went down. I assume you where the bunker defense - I know somebody had said you had killed them in the AB. Mook did a excellent job btw, he seemed to be everywhere. Once we got that closest depot to our spawnable the guys started to beeline the AB and put pressure on it to box up the few defenders.

Once the Stuka and 09 showed up, I figured some of the ground guys got tired. I sat for a bit looking to cut the bunker and I think I saw mb two infantry actually trying to clear the bunker, but tbh by that time because of the rinse and repeat attempts I think they where the only two left on the ground defending. I did not even shoot at them, just watched as they entered the bunker to get cut down. I think we had 6 guys in there.  I logged after the cap.

I missed the Halle festivities.  I logged after I saw no one from our side in the last town .  I had a feeling Halle would fall with you guys having a HC member still online and our side maybe 2 or 3 experienced players and the rest green or low rank .

Why it took so many charges to kill me I could not tell ya. I wish one of our men would have covered my [censored] , we would have retaken that spawn CP a lot faster .

My opinion: lack of SD is just not working. It is just helping out the overpop side. 

We need solutions to the imbalance problem. I don't like the SD either, but the way it is now its just one side steamrolling.

It's just not fun playing 1 x 5... Today axis was so overpopped there was nothing to do at all.. I've seen a bunch logging, not to mention the dozens who already switched side..

S!

2 people like this

Considering there is a 27% TOM advantage (completely unheard of), I'd say game working out all right so far and the removal of SD is a non factor.

imo, amazing the allies can hold with this TOM disadvantage.

SD should remain removed.

Edited by delems

1 hour ago, delems said:

I'd say game working out all right so far 

I'm assuming this conclusion is based on extensive playing time on both the overpop and underpop sides?

1 person likes this

Yes, not only that, maps rarely were over 10% TOM.

If you had 10% TOM advantage the map was a route. (and that included SD)

Now we have 24% TOM, no SD, and yet no route?  How could that be?

Hence, something must be working right if a side can have 24% TOM and no SD, and yet still no route.

1 person likes this

Isn't it as simple as: the more people you have on, the most likely you will have more TOM? Sounds as simple as that to me. 

Besides, if you are on the underpop side, you will be likely to spawn on a camped AB or FB, resulting in quick death and less TOM. 

So, I don't think there is either one side which is so good like you point out. It is simple as numbers, with more players on you are more likely to win the map. Add to that side switchers and people logging on the underpop side and there you go. 

I'm just saying that cause I've been around since last December, and even during the 6 axis wins in a row I didn't see such unbalance like this campaign.

Only option yesterday was to defend, an even so we had to choose one DO, and leave the other... 

1 hour ago, delems said:

Yes, not only that, maps rarely were over 10% TOM.

If you had 10% TOM advantage the map was a route. (and that included SD)

Now we have 24% TOM, no SD, and yet no route?  How could that be?

Hence, something must be working right if a side can have 24% TOM and no SD, and yet still no route.

You’re assuming allies are having great fun in holding the line with no rout. 

I’m not sure your assumption is correct 

*** the more people you have on, the most likely you will have more TOM?

Yes, of course.  I'm saying there has never been a 24% differential in TOM, that I have ever seen, in fact, it rarely reaches 10%

*** allies are having great fun in holding the line

Nah, I'm saying something must be working right that the map hasn't resulted in a roll already.

That doesn't imply anyone having fun or not.