• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
kareca

Why has not crs yet put an icon to mark friend FMS?

12 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, kareca said:

Why has not crs yet put an icon to mark friend  FMS?

V99Gol.png

S!

I use the Rally point and rename it fms or supply cache

Better question ( at least on my end ) why do I have to right click now multiple times to get the window to stay up so I can make a report on the map, also when I'm INF the mouse key to aim likes to go from aim zoom back even that I keep the mouse button pushed. Didn't have that issue before last patch , it's highly annoying. 

3 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

I use the Rally point and rename it fms or supply cache

this is the problem
each player uses an icon
Why not use a specific one?

9 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Most used symbol I've seen is ships for friendly FMS.

yeah. game tradition. new unique marks as Kareca suggests would be good.

the issue with Rally Point or Attack Point marks w/text  is that only ppl on the mission see them. 

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, kareca said:

this is the problem
each player uses an icon
Why not use a specific one?

This is a great idea @kareca

I would go even further and say that all friendly FMS on the same TARGET should be visible on map, not only the ones on YOUR mission. So far we have to ask people on other missions to mark their FMS's... Usually shipmarks are referred to this, but they vanish with time.

If we could see all friendly FMS's (and ammo boxes) on the map it would be great for attacks/defense setup, and also to give an idea of their numbers/availability, in order to request more FMS or not.

Sounds like a good fix for the future.

S! all

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, mazzoni85 said:

This is a great idea @kareca

I would go even further and say that all friendly FMS on the same TARGET should be visible on map, not only the ones on YOUR mission. So far we have to ask people on other missions to mark their FMS's... Usually shipmarks are referred to this, but they vanish with time.

If we could see all friendly FMS's (and ammo boxes) on the map it would be great for attacks/defense setup, and also to give an idea of their numbers/availability, in order to request more FMS or not.

Sounds like a good fix for the future.

S! all

YES! Many years requesting this! This is MUST.

1 person likes this

I can see a auto ammo box location show up on map.

However I think that you should have the option to broadcast your FMS location, not all ppl want their location avail for all to see without joining mission.  I think if you did a auto mark for FMS would rue the day with spying accusations.. be it true or not. The key to broadcasting however should be a mouse over to find the ML name and mb a double click to join that mission, something that has more of a benefit to get insta action instead of just a map location.

2 people like this

Better idea, allow users to change colour of marks.

And colour is spelled correctly, regardless of what my spell checker is saying :-)

Would be nice if you could free draw on the map..,

actually, no it wouldn't, as per the penis rule.

It would be great to somehow indicate a direction of movement on the map. When you mark a moving ET, it's not really very useful. A small arrow perhaps?