• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robhood

Why Not

9 posts in this topic

I have played since the beginning, and I have tried all the various versions of the game since. Each one more disappointing than the one before (to me, and to almost everyone that started this journey with me.)  We won't play again with HC placed AO's and warping Bdg's into attrited towns. It was a niche game. Sure it took an hour to set up an attack and move all the pieces around, but way more people who love that have quit then are playing now.

So with the game slowing bleeding out, why not pick a date/map, put the word out and set it up as it was. An open world, squad driven game when any town linked to an enemy town was fair game. And each town had it's own finite supply.  Resupply at your own peril, for if you fail you will have a breech in your lines. Make it the wild west again.  All the players who never experienced will be lost have to learn maneuver warfare. when to try to resupply, how to cut resupply, etc...  Fighter sweeps hunting the enemy before they  could set up and move in.  And I do mean hunting. With no AO's forced, that massing force could be anywhere.

The game should be the niche war sim it was meant to be, and not some weak attempt to be a hybrid fast action shooter. You're stuck in between two worlds where very few players live. Be bold, take a shot. Go back in time with what you have now and do it right, the way it was originally envisioned.  What do you have to lose?  So I say again...why not?

41 minutes ago, robhood said:

the way it was originally envisioned.

you are aware that the game at launch was not the vision right? the game you claim to have loved, the 'wild wild .... european west' was never intended to be the way it was.

just saying.

Edited by madrebel

1 hour ago, robhood said:

The game should be the niche war sim it was meant to be, and not some weak attempt to be a hybrid fast action shooter. You're stuck in between two worlds where very few players live. 

You should get together with Nugitxx. You each argue for the same 180 degree course change.

2 minutes ago, jwilly said:

You should get together with Nugitxx. You each argue for the same 180 degree course change.

I basically said the same thing but apparently someone did not like that...

2 hours ago, robhood said:

I have played since the beginning, and I have tried all the various versions of the game since. Each one more disappointing than the one before (to me, and to almost everyone that started this journey with me.)  We won't play again with HC placed AO's and warping Bdg's into attrited towns. It was a niche game. Sure it took an hour to set up an attack and move all the pieces around, but way more people who love that have quit then are playing now.

So with the game slowing bleeding out, why not pick a date/map, put the word out and set it up as it was. An open world, squad driven game when any town linked to an enemy town was fair game. And each town had it's own finite supply.  Resupply at your own peril, for if you fail you will have a breech in your lines. Make it the wild west again.  All the players who never experienced will be lost have to learn maneuver warfare. when to try to resupply, how to cut resupply, etc...  Fighter sweeps hunting the enemy before they  could set up and move in.  And I do mean hunting. With no AO's forced, that massing force could be anywhere.

The game should be the niche war sim it was meant to be, and not some weak attempt to be a hybrid fast action shooter. You're stuck in between two worlds where very few players live. Be bold, take a shot. Go back in time with what you have now and do it right, the way it was originally envisioned.  What do you have to lose?  So I say again...why not?

Funny alot of what you mentioned is being worked on in 1.36.

10 hours ago, madrebel said:

you are aware that the game at launch was not the vision right? the game you claim to have loved, the 'wild wild .... european west' was never intended to be the way it was.

just saying.

Even if it was not the 'original vision' - by accident or chance or luck or lack of resources - they created gameplay which was something not done before or after.

So actualy if they 'finished the vision' in 2005 - they broke the game that already thousands of people were playing and loved.

So in essence 'the original vision' was worse than the 'half vision' that was already created.

Edited by xxnugit

And that is what happened I believe.

They were not listening to player feedback, because they 'wanted to finish the vision', and when they 'finished the vision' - it was too late.

Of course no one can predict such things while they happen in real time, but the game should've been reverted back in 2008-2010, now it maybe too late.

Like someone said previously in other thread, the ship has sailed.

Edited by xxnugit

I think with the hybrid supply, which is being worked on, and the proximity based AOs which i think are being looked at and discussed on the forums, we could get the best of both sides. With the Leadership DLC units and maybe reintroduction of supply driving for 1.36 we also have more options for noobs and medium players to make a difference. This should be explored more i think, but overall the future could look good if

- we could get the best of the new and the old WW2OL with hybrid supply and proximity AOs

-keep new vehicles and terrain coming

-finish, 64 bit, new UI and integrated voice comms, and the Inf HE Model

- try to improve graphics afterwards.

The problem is the time horizon. If i look at the updates this year it looks like they have max. a half time programmer and + volunteers, but i have no clue. 

4 hours ago, xxnugit said:

And that is what happened I believe.

They were not listening to player feedback, because they 'wanted to finish the vision', and when they 'finished the vision' - it was too late.

Of course no one can predict such things while they happen in real time, but the game should've been reverted back in 2008-2010, now it maybe too late.

Like someone said previously in other thread, the ship has sailed.

The original CRs team is no longer here. The direction of the company under Xooms leadership has started progress with this year's introduction of new content and.moving forward.

Xoom has stated the direction of the game with the 1.36 patch which you can read about in that thread.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0