Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dracer

Can I run triple monitors?

8 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Just  upgraded my rig to include 3 monitor set up, mainly for racing sims. Is it possible to use all 3 monitors in WWII OL?

TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 9:27 PM, dracer said:

Hey all,

Just  upgraded my rig to include 3 monitor set up, mainly for racing sims. Is it possible to use all 3 monitors in WWII OL?

TIA

Yes you can, but perhaps not what you may do in some racing sims, where you actually assign a monitor as left right and center
separately.

What you can do is have them run as one contiguous resolution like 6000 X 1080 to invent a number
and then set the game to run as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Gents, Thank you for your responses.

Merlin, what file to I have to edit to enter the one contiguous resolution so I can then select it in game?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dracer said:

Hi Gents, Thank you for your responses.

Merlin, what file to I have to edit to enter the one contiguous resolution so I can then select it in game?

 

 

Here may be a helpful article for nvidia
https://www.cclonline.com/article/1193/Guide/Graphics-Cards/Configuring-Multiple-Monitors-NVIDIA-Surround-Single-GPU-/

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/surround

 

AMD  you use eyefinity
https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/MultimonitorFAQ.aspx

Edited by merlin51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Merlin,

I have a Nividia GPU, but Surround does bad things on my system. I was hoping it was as simple as manually editing a WWII OL file to get the larger resolution in the list I could choose from. That works in several racing games so Nividia surround is not required.

I do appreciate your help.

Edited by dracer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dracer said:

Thanks Merlin,

I have a Nividia GPU, but Surround does bad things on my system. I was hoping it was as simple as manually editing a WWII OL file to get the larger resolution in the list I could choose from. That works in several racing games so Nividia surround is not required.

I do appreciate your help.

yea a game has to have something on the system present the monitors to it in a combined resolution for it to choose.
unfortunately it would be a bit beyond a game to do it on it's own as it's a function of video hardware and drivers and can vary widely
in implementation.

I am told it also works the best when all monitors are same size and preferably same model so they have same specs on refresh rates etc.

What those racing sims do, and some flight sims, is output a separate video rendering to the devices selected.
always thought it was a cool feature, but something only some sims ever had.
Probably due to expense to the player, and the average game purchaser only buying a single monitor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merlin,

iRacing and Assetto Corsa both handle the triple monitors within their own software, works great and no external stuff required. They go wide or render 3 separate images depending on how much HP you have in your computer.

One I play you can manually enter the resolution of all 3 monitors in game config file and then it just spans the image across all 3 monitors but the outer edges are streteched so usable, but not ideal.

Thanks for trying to help, guess it will not work here, at least not for now. I will soldier on in single monitor view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.