• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Mosizlak

DLC content question:

39 posts in this topic

The recruit pack says it comes with "trucks".  Does this include the morris and the sdkfz7 ?  

Because the light AA/ATG DLC packs says it comes with "haulers", which I assume are the morris and sdkfz7. 

So if we buy the recruit pack, the BEF and Germans can't tow their heavy guns or bofors, while the french get the laffly which can tow everything...Plus you give haulers to the packs that don't need them, all the light stuff can town the light AA/ATG...

27 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

The recruit pack says it comes with "trucks".  Does this include the morris and the sdkfz7 ?  

Because the light AA/ATG DLC packs says it comes with "haulers", which I assume are the morris and sdkfz7. 

So if we buy the recruit pack, the BEF and Germans can't tow their heavy guns or bofors, while the french get the laffly which can tow everything...Plus you give haulers to the packs that don't need them, all the light stuff can town the light AA/ATG...

It does not include the haulers. The haulers are part of the AA and ATG pack(s) only. You could buy either the AA or the ATG pack to access the haulers.

Just now, XOOM said:

It does not include the haulers. The haulers are part of the AA and ATG pack(s) only. You could buy either the AA or the ATG pack to access the haulers.

So whoever plays French gets a huge unfair advantage in being able to tow everything they have with the laffly.  

Just now, Mosizlak said:

So whoever plays French gets a huge unfair advantage in being able to tow everything they have with the laffly.  

Due to the capabilities of the laffly, your statement is accurate. The haulers were not included in the Recruit pack as a means to create value in the other packs.

1 hour ago, dropbear said:

Btw f2p accounts need a truck!

Why do free accounts need a truck? Would kind of defeat the point of them trying to sell builder accounts to give a second account with a truck as an incentive wouldn’t it? I mean just make a second free account and make your towing account. Pretty sure that’s why free doesn’t get trucks.

8 hours ago, dropbear said:

FIX  : All haulers to ATG & AA Gun DLC.

Which doesn't address the problem of the Recruit DLC, which has the trucks, and the laffly which can tow everything, while the BEF and Germany get to suck on it not being able to tow everything. 

11 hours ago, dropbear said:

Why do free accounts need a truck? Would kind of defeat the point of them trying to sell builder accounts to give a second account with a truck as an incentive wouldn’t it? I mean just make a second free account and make your towing account. Pretty sure that’s why free doesn’t get trucks.

12 hours ago, dropbear said:

FIX  : All haulers to ATG & AA Gun DLC.

We’ve given away a lot of stuff for free historically, and that sort of strategy just hasn’t been working for us. So we won’t be providing more except for what we’ve called the “Free Rifleman” account.

17 hours ago, XOOM said:

We’ve given away a lot of stuff for free historically, and that sort of strategy just hasn’t been working for us. So we won’t be providing more except for what we’ve called the “Free Rifleman” account.

You shouldn't see that as an excuse or something correlated between free-stuff and increase in player payments.

The question should be how many players you have now playing compared to when FPA had truck atgs, aa and even allowing players to play this game with the steam account and with the CRS client, it allowed every player to tow their AA and ATG massively improving this broken game where you can spawn a truck and then switch or exit the truck and use the AA.

I know the answer less players playing this game, less free players and more or less the same subscribers.. This game is only good with players, the more the better, so attracting free players will eventually attract subscribers. But with such a century old free account, it's not attractive to bring to new players let them experience everything the game as to offer and build up and renew the WW2ol community.

1 hour ago, pbveteran said:

You shouldn't see that as an excuse or something correlated between free-stuff and increase in player payments.

The question should be how many players you have now playing compared to when FPA had truck atgs, aa and even allowing players to play this game with the steam account and with the CRS client, it allowed every player to tow their AA and ATG massively improving this broken game where you can spawn a truck and then switch or exit the truck and use the AA.

I know the answer less players playing this game, less free players and more or less the same subscribers.. This game is only good with players, the more the better, so attracting free players will eventually attract subscribers. But with such a century old free account, it's not attractive to bring to new players let them experience everything the game as to offer and build up and renew the WW2ol community.

Yesterday our game population was the highest it has been in awhile. More new people are subscribing to a paid "something," whether that is a subscription or a DLC. We have more work to be done but the evidence is quite clear.

I'd really like to continue to indicate, based on data and results alone, that giving away stuff for free, with how we currently have monetization setup, is not the answer to boosting sales, providing required fuel for CRS to maintain development and operations of WWII Online. That is the paramount goal, otherwise how can we ensure our longevity?

Certainly that logic can be agreed across all sides and fans of WWII Online.

I think the real solution is for CRS to add another French truck/hauler so their kit is just like the other countries.  

Edited by GrAnit
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, GrAnit said:

I think the real solution is for CRS to add another French truck/hauler so their kit is just like the other countries.  

Exactly, most sane people aren't asking for free stuff. The company has to make money in order to provide the game lol, but what you said needed to be done years ago: Add the french heavy hauler, even if it is only a morris as a stand in. 

On 9/9/2018 at 4:34 PM, viper69 said:

I can’t figure out why a tank can’t pull an AT or AA gun. 

Because it wasn't historically done. Yes you can find a few pics of it happening. But it was not common nor doctrine. And with a tank pulling an ATG you have noplace to carry ammo.

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, haupt said:

Because it wasn't historically done. Yes you can find a few pics of it happening. But it was not common nor doctrine. And with a tank pulling an ATG you have noplace to carry ammo.

As opposed to a person pushing an 88, carrying its ammo as well? Now how often did that happen historically?

1 minute ago, viper69 said:

As opposed to a person pushing an 88, carrying its ammo as well? Now how often did that happen historically?

Yeah, we had that ingame already. 88s used to not be able to move at all...Awesome gameplay. 

Just now, Mosizlak said:

Yeah, we had that ingame already. 88s used to not be able to move at all...Awesome gameplay. 

I know we had that. My point was it was changed because it was needed, not because it was historical. You can’t cite something not being done because it’s not historical or wasn’t done very much and then turn a blind eye towards completely non historical aspects with the same unit/units IE just about every unlimberd gun in the game.

Just now, Mosizlak said:

The very first time I spawned into WWIIOL was an 88 at Dinant while the Allies were attacking it.  Unfortunately I couldn't even move out of the spawn to engage, so I just sat there pressing buttons until I finally got bored, logged off, and eventually invested in some "friendships" aka tow slaves muahahaha.  

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, viper69 said:

I know we had that. My point was it was changed because it was needed, not because it was historical. You can’t cite something not being done because it’s not historical or wasn’t done very much and then turn a blind eye towards completely non historical aspects with the same unit/units IE just about every unlimberd gun in the game.

I hear ya, but having tanks tow stuff is a bridge too far, IMO.  Have to draw the line somewhere.  An 88 had a crew of at least 10 soldiers, plus ammo.  Not remotely practical having tanks tow them.  Even regular ATGs had more than 2 crew. 

Some things need to be changed to improve gameplay, I don't think this is one of them. 

3 hours ago, XOOM said:

Yesterday our game population was the highest it has been in awhile. More new people are subscribing to a paid "something," whether that is a subscription or a DLC. We have more work to be done but the evidence is quite clear.

Yeah but you kinda call for players across all socials, worked with streamers and allow free players to use tanks, that would boost it anyway and what is a while?

You have to give trucks back, paraplanes and content/mission generation to free players and allow players to multiple account with steam and ww2ol client, with the steam 2nd account me and many vets, were running FMS, making tows, setting AA near towns and atgs, resupplying tanks... for once the WW2ol looked like the WW2ol I played in 2005 with the EU release, I was getting 3-4 ATGs per tow the fact there were so many trucks form 2nd accounts that it boosted ATGs and AAs in the battlefield and this brought more bombers and EA which gave simultaneous more targets for AA and Air.

Burden the free players with content generation and give the toys for paying costumers, that's should be the motto until CRS has a content generation reward system, there are many vets with a lot of experience but with little time to play and willingness to pay, but always leaving a door open for these players to infuse the game with their experience from now and then will always be a positive thing than not having them log in the game at all.

Steam launch was a missed opportunity, no talk in team Unreal, HE audit rolled back, DLC policy is very expensive for what it offers and not in line with the competition, no news on the StG 44 and US LMG, less players in the game, with the removal and introduction of the arcade town supply this will have a serious effect on paying players.. VERY DANGEROUS!! (renegade town supply to a spawnable cp size or less and add a couple hundreds of battalions to the game that can be request to command to premium paying players, I don't need to write and go in details it's pretty straight forward and even you can design it, this will be something new in WW2ol will fix the problems with HC and add a new layer to strategy, teamplay and squads!)

35 minutes ago, pbveteran said:

give the toys for paying costumers

So if you wear a costume while playing, you get access to more equipment?
@MikeAZ ok let's see who gets the most units

34 minutes ago, pbveteran said:

Steam launch was a missed opportunity, no talk in team Unreal, HE audit rolled back, DLC policy is very expensive for what it offers and not in line with the competition, no news on the StG 44 and US LMG, less players in the game, with the removal and introduction of the arcade town supply this will have a serious effect on paying players.. VERY DANGEROUS!! (renegade town supply to a spawnable cp size or less and add a couple hundreds of battalions to the game that can be request to command to premium paying players, I don't need to write and go in details it's pretty straight forward and even you can design it, this will be something new in WW2ol will fix the problems with HC and add a new layer to strategy, teamplay and squads!)

Let me add facts to your blanket statement above.

•  Steam launch brought more awareness to the game and CRS has learned a great deal from this which actually has led to the DLC introduction to begin with.
  • HE Audit was not rolled back in full just a small piece (armor penetration) of it which will continued to be worked on and re instituted when working properly with other mechanics.
  • Team Unreal has always been a long way off. Which is one reason most developers dont venture to talk about extremely long term it gets caught up in rumor and speculation
  • DLC is not very expensive it is set at one time purchase, three years from now they will still have access even if they go to a full sub and cancel that sub they still own the DLC 
  • DLC for what is offered is by design, this is phase one of the DLCs to see how much interest is garnered from the community, eventually what I would like to see (Not official CRS position) is a 48 hour pass for each branch. Basically in the 5 -8 dollar range you get 48 hours with everything available in Infantry, or Air, or Armor and have Navy/AA/ATG combined. This would allow casual gamers to play for 48 hours, and if they dont have the time to utilize a full subscription, its another entry point into the game. If they get 3 or more times a month they will most likely see the value in our premium subscription.
  • Arcade Town Supply - Not sure where you are coming from with this? There is a supply limit set which includes all equipment and sides, this promotes attrition battles etc. This weekend we bumped up supply in the DLC tank sets temporarily to accommodate the higher volume of players utilizing them. We saw some of our highest player counts in months on Sunday.
  • 1.36 will adjust the power of HC back to the player-base, but still maintain some perks of a strategic game for those in HC that enjoy that component.
3 people like this