GrAnit

DLC Rollout

3 posts in this topic

Has it been successful?  Meeting expectations so far?  I see a couple of dozen more people on via Steam.  

50 minutes ago, GrAnit said:

Has it been successful?  Meeting expectations so far?  I see a couple of dozen more people on via Steam.  

At this point in time I can verify that the DLC Packs are providing additional supplemental revenue to fuel our team. It's not gone crazy by any means, but it's a steady stream of additional rev which is great. Player population is growing because we're coming out of our summer slump (usual routine), and we've re-added a Free Rifleman option.

There are several changes that we've done with our product line that is contributing to this overall improvement, and it's positively affecting not just Steam but also our organic (non-Steam) side of things.

We know that a huge percentage of Steam users (via polling) are very excited about the DLC Packs and making one time purchases. In other cases it has strengthened the value of the subscription. Sometimes it takes this sort of thing to make people "finally see the light." Most of us who have been here for awhile know that subscriptions are the best bargain / bang for the buck, but like we've been saying, we've opened up products to a whole new demographic that was otherwise unwilling to buy-in to the whole recurring subscription model, in some cases, based on a fabricated principle alone.

The whole flow and up-selling to Steam users has had, and is continuing to get refinements, not just in terms of product line, but also the way these packs are presented and communicated.

More players are signing up on our main www.wwiionline.com page (daily) due to some recent page improvements. We have some plans to simplify the sign up process and improve that flow as well, including a new account management page (for you all) that is much easier to follow.

I could keep going but there's a lot of activity and I'm really proud of what the marketing team is doing. Quite frankly CRS hasn't been in a better position in terms of the team we have, the work we're providing, the connection with player base that we have, etc. 

More to follow, we're staying busy improving things. 

S! 

2 people like this

Great to hear!  Nothing I want more (well, almost! lol) than for CRS to be successful so I can have more fun! Nice job!

Edited by GrAnit
1 person likes this