• Announcements

• HEAVY265

TOS Change regarding the Forums   11/23/2018

Rule 23 is in discussions.  The official change will come out soon.  It will go effect Jan 1st. As it stands from this point.  Political and religious posts are allowed in off topic.  Be mindful to be respectful to each other.   That is all for now. Thank you for your continued support and patience.
XOOM

How can we get beyond pure negativity in the forums?

206 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, XOOM said:

So that we can have a more positive atmosphere, where instead of constant fighting, belittling, and finger pointing exists, we can create a healthy atmosphere that is inviting for participation, which is productive and works to improve the game and community?

The atmosphere in the fora is a barometer for the status of the game. 

6 people like this

11 minutes ago, bogol said:

The atmosphere in the fora is a barometer for the status of the game. 

Somewhat fair statement.  

There are a few loud, bad apples that are always negative no matter what is going on though.  

2 people like this

7 hours ago, sgthenning said:

don't ever question my honor boy it was said by a rat but I wont rat him out . Your so full of it blkhwk8. 

Sgthenning, I apologize if it came off as questioning your honor. After re-reading I can see how that happened.  You and I have played on both sides with and against each other, I would think you know I wouldnt do that.

1 person likes this

So HE vs INF is not gonna get fixed but will stay the same.  That does suck. 

The one thing I was looking forward to cause my primary unit I play is the STUG , and a functional HE round would do wonders , so it's more of the same unless you hit the Unit dead on it won't do crap. That Xoom is very dissapointing.

The only thing that would somewhat remy that would be you guys telling us that a visual dmg model for AAA and ATG is in the works.  But it will be very dissapointing knowing that landing a HE round close to an INF  wont get fixed and he will just keep running. 

Well then don't get pissed when my STUG sits in a strategic place at an FMS that won't let a INF alive when he spawns in. Cause with a working HE round one would be able to actually surpress a FMS even with a Stug till an Engineer gets there. Now not so much.

I'm disappointed and I bet I'm not the only one. 

Stankyus said it pretty well in his post.

Xoom

I deeply appreciate the dedication and hard work involved in trying to improve this game and keep it afloat at the same time.  You and the CRS team work under stressful conditions with fewer resources than needed.  I know if someone dropped a million bucks on you, everything would improve rapidly.  Your team keeps plugging away trying to balance the needs of the players  and the need to keep and increase revenue streams. 

So, let me just say to you and all Rats - Thank you.

8 people like this

Could have had that Million with the steam launch I thought....many downloads x $5-$10.  Opportunity lost..now trying to be regained methinks.

4 people like this

Is this a joke thread?  No forum, no matter the subject, will be free of occasional strife and conflict. 

Edited by rendus

Guys that post about HE, projectiles, bullets etc..... that's fine, but first -core gameplay-, how the game actualy plays, needs to be addressed - it's the first thing a new player sees when he joins the game, and this game needs new players (or old ones returning) to thrive - and then HE, projectiles etc can be tweaked and altered.

So far IMO best idea to date, is actualy the old Rat team idea of front line from 2012 to fix this - and this should be a top priority, because what good is a working or non working HE shell, if there is no one to shoot at with that HE shell.

FLkxiPg.png

Edited by nugx

31 minutes ago, nugx said:

Guys that post about HE, projectiles, bullets etc..... that's fine, but first -core gameplay-, how the game actualy plays, needs to be addressed - it's the first thing a new player sees when he joins the game, and this game needs new players (or old ones returning) to thrive - and then HE, projectiles etc can be tweaked and altered.

So far IMO best idea to date, is actualy the old Rat team idea of front line from 2012 to fix this - and this should be a top priority, because what good is a working or non working HE shell, if there is no one to shoot at with that HE shell.

FLkxiPg.png

FYI core gameplay is being changed in the upcoming 1.36 release. If we are lucky maybe it see the light before 2019....

About HE/KE audit and dispersion audit it is a very very waited upgrade years ago. It was released past May (or june...) but due to the actual infantry model they could not implant the new system.

For you, it can be more important the core and for others there are more important things and I respect that. But, there is people investing money and following the development of the game, they already know how things are right now.

1 person likes this

For you, it can be more important the core and for others there are more important things.

How can anything be more important than core? It's like saying  'hey lets build a car....without an engine, there are more important things like wheels, wipers and seats'

To the 50 that are here, maybe the HE is more important.

But to the 1000 that are not here ( but could be ), gameplay is more important.

FYI core gameplay is being changed in the upcoming 1.36 release

Good, after that the front line can be created.

Edited by nugx

4 hours ago, rendus said:

Is this a joke thread?  No forum, no matter the subject, will be free of occasional strife and conflict. 

I never said or indicated that. They keyword was “pure,” or predominantly.

4 hours ago, noparty said:

Xoom

I deeply appreciate the dedication and hard work involved in trying to improve this game and keep it afloat at the same time.  You and the CRS team work under stressful conditions with fewer resources than needed.  I know if someone dropped a million bucks on you, everything would improve rapidly.  Your team keeps plugging away trying to balance the needs of the players  and the need to keep and increase revenue streams. 

So, let me just say to you and all Rats - Thank you.

Thank you for saying this. We are trying, we need your guys support in all ways to push us forward. Morally is a big one.

18 minutes ago, nugx said:

To the 50 that are here, maybe the HE is more important.

But to the 1000 that are not here ( but could be ), gameplay is more important.

Good, after that the front line can be created.

50?¿?¿ So you have the numbers.... Do you work in Quantico with Fox Mulder or in the CIA??? MI5 maybe?? Becasue yesterday, only in the axis i think we were more than 50 for sure.... Seems you have the number of potential players for YOUR porject... Very good marketing and maket intelligence you have.

I think that to arrive a month ago and to say to the people who are paying money and betting on this project since years ago, "stop talking about this because this is more important" and "to the 50 blah blah" is not right. As I said before, the people who have been here supporting development with their pocket have their preferences and can talk about what they consider most important, here they are giving their opinion and if the HE / KE issue comes out, it is because we consider it important. I tell you again that there are many people who do not want to return to 2003 or 2004. We want the game we have with a hybrid system that can work and that does not depend on the HC. Please, expand your vision, do not focus only on what is important to you or to the "potential players" of YOUR game. Honestly, I do not like your tone, you seem egocentric.

1 person likes this

50?¿?¿ So you have the numbers.... Do you work in Quantico with Fox Mulder or in the CIA??? MI5 maybe??

I play the game, so i see the numbers of players, you don't need to be fox mulder, and at different timezones where there are lower number of players there are hardly even 50.

I tell you again that there are many people who do not want to return to 2003 or 2004

Front line idea is by Rat team from 2012

ere they are giving their opinion and if the HE / KE issue comes out, it is because we consider it important

A car cannot be driving around without an engine.

The priorities need to be in order.

Edited by nugx

1 minute ago, nugx said:

I play the game, so i see the numbers of players, you don't need to be fox mulder, and at different timezones where there are lower number of players there are hardly even 50.

Front line idea is by Rat team from 2012, put the blinds down from your eyes

And what are you looking for when talking about the game when there are only 50? Why do not you talk about when there are people playing? You were yesterday in Couvin? I was and it was a great battle. You should play more and post less. 

And for last time WE HAVE A FRONTLINE MAN, and i can spawn where i want.... You again and again and again with the same song man... Learn how the game actually works, im sure you just dont know it.

I'm not going to waste more time with you. Try not to be so selfish, you'll feel better about yourself.

1 person likes this

Everyone reading this, can decide by himself, who is the selfish one.

I'm the selfish one because i want the game to have 1000 players, or you are selfish because you want to please 50 people.

The most important things that need a fix is the bugs/functionallity related to shooting each other.

New guy spawn in for the first time,

#1will he be most concerned over that ei that ate a mag full from his SMG turn around and killhim,

#2 OR will he be most concerned about the mechanics of the frontline.

I say #1 is by far the most important, still do after 7 years.

The nagativity in the forums can be dealt with in two ways,

#1 Fix and be totally open with what is going to get fixed and what is going on. 

#2 Do as I experienced the old team did, heavy cencorship.

WITCH IS BAD. That frustration led to the creation of paralell forums witch only purpuse was to rant and bad mouth the rats and the game.

7 hours ago, Capco said:

Somewhat fair statement.  

There are a few loud, bad apples that are always negative no matter what is going on though.  

They are called "toxic people".

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Hardlead said:

#1will he be most concerned over that ei that ate a mag full from his SMG turn around and killhim,

#2 OR will he be most concerned about the mechanics of the frontline.

I say #1 is by far the most important, still do after 7 years.

What is the first thing a new player sees when he starts to play to the game? 

The persona screen, and then the map. - new players cannot understand the current concepts of 'hc, ao, how to spawn, how this works etc' and they log off and don't play, some of them don't even spawn.

Having a simple system, where player on the map, would just click on a map to spawn, would work wonders - if there would be a frontline, he would instantly see where the action is, click on the  map on the nearest spawn of the action, and join others in the game.

This way a player is not concerned about 'the mechanics'. The mechanics ease him into the game and not block him from playing.

What is obvious to you guys that have been here for 15 years, is not obvious at all to a totaly new player who would potentialy play - the current mechanics instead of helping him, are doing the opposite.

Edited by nugx

2 hours ago, erasmo said:

They are called "toxic people".

I don't think toxicpuke plays anymore I haven't seen him in a long time.

4 hours ago, nugx said:

FLkxiPg.png

1st of I see right next to your name free play account , not sure if it's a forum hic up and you are actually a paying customer or a free play account subscriber.

But I have been with the game since 2001 always been a registered user (aka paying customer ) so to ask for a functional HE round should not be to much to ask for or should it? 

If you got an INF running head on at you and you land round after round of HE ( Stug specific cause it aint got no MG) next to him and he does not die that is an issue, ever think of how many players left the game because of that ? 

Sure I can hit reverse and drive all the way back to town or FB cause I damn well know if I stop he will sap me but I don't have to if the round works as intended. 

I do appreciate what Xoom and his Team have done but one thing I was really looking forward too and waiting for was the HE audit . Now that's just a puff in the air and it will stay the same .

And that I'm not very happy about only been waiting since 2001 along with the visual dmg model for ATG and AAA. 

1 person likes this

Maybe some have misread or maybe did I, but XOOM never said there won’t be a fix to inf constant penetration.

he said:

1. The fragmentation against infantry I am pretty certain will remain as is, the bombs will not be rolled back entirely, just a specific element of it, the penetration constant, if I understand that all correctly.

=> So he said that YES the penetration constant WILL be reviewed. The HE WILL work as intended soon.

But the amount of fragments will not be changed as this has already been updated to realistic values with the last audit. So it’s not a full rollback, just penetration-related.

some hear the evil everywhere... :huh:

1 person likes this

I really wish I was here earlier in the thread because most everyone missed the point.

"How do we get a less toxic community, with less people hating each other?"

"IMPLEMENT THIS LIST OF CHANGES OMG"

That won't fix the problem being mentioned. The game could have every bug fixed, every bit of realism involved, and you'd still have people crying "Spies!", "bias!", pointing fingers, issuing personal attacks, crying about plug pulling or despawning before someone dies, people hacking, etc. etc.

How does that get fixed? Other games censor their players. They go based off of a report system, and if someone is consistently toxic and ruining the experience for everyone, they receive a chat ban. They literally can't type in chat or speak in integrated voice chat. If their actions continue to be toxic, they receive temporary or permanent bans. Stuff like that.

Other games have better methods of communication. We have map reports, but no quick command for "CP under attack!", etc. So implementing that kind of thing would basically be a temp ban anyway.

The community is terribly anemic, and typically has the same five or ten or fifteen or twenty talking heads yelling at each other, and doing the same in game. If those players are censored, as other, more popular games and communities do, then that really hurts the game at a time when it needs every physical body's presence as is possible.

So what's the solution here? It's not fixing issues for sure. That would help some cries of "bias!!!1!", but not all of them. It wouldn't help with everything else. The issue is about attitudes, and how they're poisoning the well and creating a hostile playing environment and a hostile work environment for volunteers on top of that.

How do the attitudes get fixed? That's the question that needs answering.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Zebbeee said:

Maybe some have misread or maybe did I, but XOOM never said there won’t be a fix to inf constant penetration.

he said:

1. The fragmentation against infantry I am pretty certain will remain as is, the bombs will not be rolled back entirely, just a specific element of it, the penetration constant, if I understand that all correctly.

=> So he said that YES the penetration constant WILL be reviewed. The HE WILL work as intended soon.

But the amount of fragments will not be changed as this has already been updated to realistic values with the last audit. So it’s not a full rollback, just armour-related.

some hear the evil everywhere... :huh:

That's what I was talking about with some folks yesterday aswell. A lot of people seem to have gotten the impression the HE anti personal perfomance as a total stays like it is right now. @XOOM you probably should adress this again.

I think that's not what XOOM meant. From what I know, the fragmentation of the bombs stays like it is now. But the way the infantry reacts to those fragments has still to be adjusted. That's what's meant with the "penetration constant" for infantry. It means fragments don't penetrate infantry like they should now and thus they don't cause the damage they should. They work on the fix right now.

Edited by vanapo

I believe Xoom was speaking very specifically with the reversion planned to go into effect. HE penetration against soft targets won't be a part of that, thus unchanged. It doesn't mean that it's not being worked on, nor that it won't be a part of a future release.