XOOM

How can we get beyond pure negativity in the forums?

186 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

We dont act like real life people in game, we act like people on massive quantities of PCP

I don't know about anyone else, but I only ever play the game when I'm high on PCP

2 people like this

4 hours ago, agenda21 said:

Back to the OP

Give Rendus a lifetime subscription.

Nooo,  please no.  I like being married!

I wouldn't suggest that the forums are positive, but certainly much progress has been made.  The forums were far nastier back in the early 2000s... ;)

I'm a glass half full guy...

Ok, 1/4 full.

On 9/29/2018 at 3:16 AM, Silky said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I only ever play the game when I'm high on PCP

same. those were the instructions on the CD of  the original boxed version. 

WWII Online : Blitzkrieg - PC Computer game + Case CD-Rom Windows 2000 Me T Teen

4 people like this

I don't know. I don't usually post negative things (I don't think). Maybe a suggestion or two, but I think that's normal. After all, we love to play the game!

Consider this...would you prefer a community that didn't  give a rats about the game in general? Or a passive community that just says thank you sir can we have more...then never play the game again??

Dude, I came back after what, 8 years for this free week and the game is essentially the same. At least now you realize that attacking the loyal playerbase isn't the best business model. This game was a great idea in 2001 and still is! But it has too many inherent faults for mass appeal. This game is for hardcore sim people. At the same time, I played French for most of my time, Axis was easier in every category. You can make fun of red v blue, but in the end, you can't ask one team to fight with one hand behind their backs for 17 years. (Has it REALLY been 17 years? That's a testament to this idea!) But at the same time, the Axis complains incessantly too, so I don't know what to tell ya.

edit: and by the way, we had some GREAT times on the forums in the late 2000's!

Edited by toofless

18 hours ago, dropbear said:

Consider this...would you prefer a community that didn't  give a rats about the game in general? Or a passive community that just says thank you sir can we have more...then never play the game again??

I think the point is to be civil about feedback. I think this community is the best in gaming, as over 17 years I kept coming back for the gameplay this game promotes and what it fosters within this community.

I will write also slightly. I don't see here much "pure negativity". If you compare this forum with many others (i don't even touch forums about many games), this forum seems clean and sterile. Which don't mean to be good. Because, imho, for game is much worse if negative opinions about it  are throbbing on other forums, where you can't even moderately control them and give needed answers. 

My humbling suggestion would be together with publishing of 1.36 also to declare an Amnesty, that all these banned children from WWIIOL will be allowed to return to their loved game and forum. I mean banned not because of malignant cheating in game. 

I guess, would be maximally 5-day ban, to calm down, enough. Of course, that don't mean of persons, who will make F2P accounts, only to troll and not to play.

PS.What about new theatres, i already in earlier years suggested something, but seems that will be too big task.

Therefore i will currently prefer these features - 1 : 1 map, new forests, underwood, vegetations, volumetric clouds, more realistic water etc.