goreblimey

TIER 1 armour BALANCE need looking at

185 posts in this topic

On 9/17/2018 at 3:11 AM, goreblimey said:

I can definitely say I have had a Matty killed by a pak 36. 

1 CS version prior to ballistics audit 400m 30 degrees off to my rear left.

1 Normal version 300m 20 degrees to my left front post audit.

Those are the 2 that stick out for me but there have been others.

So FACT it can and does.

Im happy to admit the Mattilda is Fk awesome, but you rarely get a drive. Just so few around.

This is an anomaly and/or bug.

Lets go on training server then, you in Matilda and me pak36 and visa versa, I'll nail you all over and lets see what damage is even done. You'll be suprised clearly.

The only known kill for pak36 is to be within kissing distance and have a vantage from above, which is next to impossible.

I am calling BS on you that a pak36 killed you from 400 from any angle. I've never done it to a Matilda, and I've never seen it done, or seen it CLAIMED to have been done by another axis player.

I'd be wary calling BS on the pak36...a few maps ago I got a churchill7 leaking gas with a hit to the flank at 100m lol. 

I'd be willing to test with anyone if they want, but I can do it myself. Let me know. 

1 person likes this

*** Im happy to admit the Mattilda is Fk awesome, but you rarely get a drive. Just so few around.

Like 5 tier 0 and 7 tier 1 per infantry flag, not that rare.

33 minutes ago, delems said:

*** Im happy to admit the Mattilda is Fk awesome, but you rarely get a drive. Just so few around.

Like 5 tier 0 and 7 tier 1 per infantry flag, not that rare.

You using the smoke dispensing tanks to provide a false picture again delems !! 

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, saffroli said:

This is an anomaly and/or bug.

Lets go on training server then, you in Matilda and me pak36 and visa versa, I'll nail you all over and lets see what damage is even done. You'll be suprised clearly.

The only known kill for pak36 is to be within kissing distance and have a vantage from above, which is next to impossible.

I am calling BS on you that a pak36 killed you from 400 from any angle. I've never done it to a Matilda, and I've never seen it done, or seen it CLAIMED to have been done by another axis player.

I don't drive matties often but I have been killed by the Pak36 in them since they upped the penetration for the pak36. I died in my matty not so long ago to a pak36 from probably just under 200m that was in ambush position not 800m from the FB. It was either last map or the map before where I was bringing one to town in low pop to help us finish off the AB because we could not get in the bunker.  I took 2 hits and spotted the pak36 and when I started to turn my turret the third hit "killed" my turret crew - damaged them so much I could barely see but could not shoot or turn the turret, I watched the round come in and hit me in my gun site.  AAR confirmed pak36 kill on me.  I have also been taken out frontally from 500m with them in my S75.  They wreck the Cru2s, I have seen them kill the Churchill MKVs, I have seen them kill the CH3s, seen them just this map take out the Matildas, I have died to them in the stuart from 600m frontally and you are just as easily killed in the M10 by them as you are trying to kill the pak36. When I tank, the M10 is my go to vehicle. I love that TD, but I can tell you if you are with in 800m of a pak36 that starts firing on you first, your chances are literally mb 70% of the time you will win. Under 500m, if he does not kill you outright, you are at 50-50. Its surprising how vulnerable you are to the pak36 in the M10.  When I'm in a M10, I take pak36s seriously.

Stanyus is absolutly correct ive taken out matties before audit and after, been doing it for years in this game churchills to, they dont pop like but you make there function stop so it worthless so mattie crew cant do nothing. Y ou have to hit them in the rear sometimes can do it on a rear side shot, once there stopped then go to the turret move around it while there vision is blurry get closer and keep shooting they will despawn and you get the kill.

M10 shoot the turret first take out there gunners then take your time shoot rear shots or side rear it will pop unless they despawn first which usually happens.

S76 again directly in rear or top rear side they will pop.

Just depends if yer lucky or not but aiming at the proper points increases that luck, i'm one of those guys when i hear ppl say it can't be done i go out and do it, PAK 36 is 1 of my favorite ATG in game quick to move and deadly, also has more HE so can use as arty effectively with a spotter prefered ( thats on another thread ).

Think i got a kill on a matty last camp you was in Stanky I was at about 300m.

S!

3 hours ago, flong139 said:

Stanyus is absolutly correct ive taken out matties before audit and after, been doing it for years in this game churchills to, they dont pop like but you make there function stop so it worthless so mattie crew cant do nothing. Y ou have to hit them in the rear sometimes can do it on a rear side shot, once there stopped then go to the turret move around it while there vision is blurry get closer and keep shooting they will despawn and you get the kill.

M10 shoot the turret first take out there gunners then take your time shoot rear shots or side rear it will pop unless they despawn first which usually happens.

S76 again directly in rear or top rear side they will pop.

Just depends if yer lucky or not but aiming at the proper points increases that luck, i'm one of those guys when i hear ppl say it can't be done i go out and do it, PAK 36 is 1 of my favorite ATG in game quick to move and deadly, also has more HE so can use as arty effectively with a spotter prefered ( thats on another thread ).

Think i got a kill on a matty last camp you was in Stanky I was at about 300m.

S!

S! Its quite possible, I remember knowing it was someone who kills me often.

I'm sorry I thought the pak36 was useless..T0 atg that you find at EVERY fms that can take out all allied armor? 

Sure is bad when one side says we are being biased against doesn't it?

British 2lbr can take out all german armor as well and comes out of an ms.

Same with the French 25mm killed a tiger (making it virtually unusable in battle for very long ) on the training server.

I test things out off and on so I know what can kill me on the battlefield.

S!

It's not important to establish whether you're building a fantasy game, a historical game or a hybrid of either (or anything in between) if you don't have balance. Balance is king and comes before anything else. HOW you establish that balance ... whether through historical realities you can employ or fantasy designs you can create to fill the role required will depend on what game you are trying to build and what AUDIENCE you are attempting to satisfy or capture ... whatever else you do if you fail at creating balance you will fail the games design, and ultimately, it's ability to appeal to ANY audience.

There was always a degree of "committee" to contend with from the inside, sometimes it is true I fell foul of this because I was always taught that a camel is a horse designed by a committee. They work great as camels but are lousy horses. I never once felt that any efforts I put towards understanding balance (within the constraints of what we had to work with) was anything other than maybe the most important (and difficult) aspect of the game to get right.

I'm not trying to undermine anybodies opinions or efforts with respect to WWIIOL I'm just saying what I think is critical to it. It was one of the the most important lessons and a constant pursuit of excellence that admittedly I never achieved, but excellence is like that. You pretty much never achieve what you seek because you always have to aim above what you are capable of just to attempt getting 100% out of yourself. A low bar achieved is nothing compared to a high bar failed.

WWIIOL will always be a high bar failed, and that's why those who try their utmost to develop it are a different breed to almost any other. I salute them all.

4 people like this