• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
Memoi

Table humping and radios

15 posts in this topic

Back in the olden days there used to be radio static when close to the radio table in the flag buildings or bunkers.

Just to add interest, would it be possible to have music coming from the radio appropriate to the country the CP's owned by?  

If the French owned the CP it could be accordion music, British something from the 1940s and if Axis perhaps martial music such as Alte Kameraden Marsch.

When the table's being humped and the CP's being captured, the music stops and is replaced by the sound of a radio being tuned to another station.  Once capped, the radio's tuned to the appropriate side.  If the cap's interrupted then the radio tuning sound continues until the CP's back to 100%. 

The radio would only be heard inside the CP or bunker.  It would also give an audio clue to a defender inside the CP, but not in line of sight of the radio, that a depot's being captured.

There's various websites where the music and sound effects can be obtained royalty free for a one off payment.

1 person likes this

PLEASE do not bring back an irritating noise near the radios, bad enough you have to radio hump, adding noise will drive me out of the area for sure. 

4 hours ago, goreblimey said:

PLEASE do not bring back an irritating noise near the radios, bad enough you have to radio hump, adding noise will drive me out of the area for sure. 

Perhaps the radio should have an off switch too.  :-D

3 minutes ago, Memoi said:

Perhaps the radio should have an off switch too.  :-D

A switch only hero builders can flip!

1 person likes this

I think if the radio is active and is being guarded by a friendly, it should provide information to the guard about enemy position :)

Maybe people would guard more...as they relate the information to their player base ...hmmmm...

but radio noise? nah....music...mb if there's a switch :)

as mentioned.

S!

Maybe it could show status of AI, which are in current city? Perhaps it can even transmit some reports or "bad words", when they "see" an enemy, though that might be technical overkill.

It would be cool if the radio room became a command room, where the operator got a special map with the position of every friendly unit within a certain range and as said above the status of cp's within the town. The commander could have other cool tools to help organise a town defence, ah we can all dream.

Dont we have every friendly on target in map now?
and some town object feedback, could use right click interaction though
JjgMPtM.png

I'd love a map whiteboard.

I used to hit alt printscreen, then alt tab to JOC's IRC and paste game screen into white board
then we could draw on it

Edited by merlin51

A very neat, useful but not game changing thing would be a "whiteboard" within the radio room that just shows some basic lists: Every CP + ownership, every town link + brigade momvement with timers. Just a quick info tool to help the officer in charge of the defense organizing things.

Or you can put stuff like this into an intel section of the player's map that's only active within a radio room (and possibly within a CP or while driving a command vehicle like the 232 or probably the 251).

What about Showing the % of flag ownership on map as soon as its ownership reaches 50-50 (+chat message to the cp owner « philipville-flavion cp requests immediate support ») that could help focus troops?

2 people like this

On 20/09/2018 at 3:58 PM, vanapo said:

A switch only hero builders can flip!

That works for me! If you’re guarding a CP and don’t want to listen to Vera Lynn singing ‘White Cliffs of Dover’ incessantly, become a builder. :-D

1 person likes this

On 9/21/2018 at 1:37 AM, goreblimey said:

If the radio is manned , how about it shows state of all the other cps

This is a great idea.

Man the bunker, have intel on the town. 

I like the above idea of getting the status of other CP's.

I've actually been hunting around for a reason why the radio static sound isn't working.  It's there( the sound ).   The code that calls it out is missing.  Working with NickM to fix that.

It used to be a function where you had to be in close proximity to the radio to capture.  We've brought that back with the new bunkers.  However it doesn't work like it used to.  For example the radio doesn't disappear temporarily.  We're also going to eventually bring them back to all the CP's.

Right now on the new bunkers we've got German radios.  I was thinking of having it alternate to whatever country had possession of the town would determine what type. 

Your continued imput is welcome!   I look forward to hearing ideas on how we can show those statuses or even play late 30's era music or propaganda radio transmissions as well.

-Ripper

Edited by Xl2rippr
1 person likes this