Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boxrat

Ded! no still running, moving, shooting.

21 posts in this topic

Seems like this is happening a lot now.  Playing inf, armor, or air.  you shoot at the enemy and they keep on going.

Not sure what is going on or how to fix it, but OMG this is getting out of control.  as Xoom would put it.. come play and have fun.. this [censored] isn't fun...

I am not talking what is balanced or not.. this is strictly hits are not registering. 

So some examples:

Playing engineer, busting FB.. an 88's rolls out on pad.. I am 5 ft from it.. shoot 3 times at gunner head, body, head.  After my 3rd shot, the 88 shoot 3 more times and kills a friendly tank then stops and despawns..DOH

Playing smg..shoot at INF very close range. 20 rounds into it.. inf turns and one shot and kills me..DOH  This goes for playing any class inf.

Playing AAA..25..  I am not even sure why we have these things in here.. they don't do any damage it seems.  hit 109 zooming down for strafe run.. hit 109 in prop under 100m away.. the prop is visual broken.. but engine sound still on and flys out of visual range.. No kill on 109, when exit mission..DOH

Playing tanks.. This is not just me.. Hit tanks in the crucial spots..7,8,9 times and still rolling like nothing is going on. I can't tell you how many times I hear veteran squad m8's complain about this.. 

And Lastly.. busting EFMS. place last satchel on front of FMS.. EI in literally standing 10 ft from the satchel.  The bunker is gone but the EI is still there.  If I am even remotely close to one of my satchels when it goes off, I am ded.

I came back of all the promises of changes they did and what's to come.  I am glad I did, but something has to be done about this. It's not just me..other squad mates and people in chat are always complaining about this.

I hope this gets fixed or some notion that you guys are looking into this.

Thanks for the hard work 

Edited by boxrat

@boxrat We are working on some of those issues. We have been slowly narrowing down the cause of some of them and hopefully will have a patch soon that will address a lot of them.

Hell I was getting hit by a tank that it’s rounds were impacting about 40yds away. A squaddie told me “well where you see their round hit doesn’t matter” well if his computer is telling the server he is hitting me yet my computer has a totally different visual yet audibly I’m getting the hits. It’s agrivating when you are trying to backup thinking you are moving in a direction appropriate to get out of the way but in reality it doesn’t matter one damn bit what you do.

I used to come back periodically, a couple of times a year.  And the one thing that always drove me away again was the infantry simul- kills.  

5 minutes ago, rendus said:

I used to come back periodically, a couple of times a year.  And the one thing that always drove me away again was the infantry simul- kills.  

What drives me away is the spies. The guys sneaking to your position and throwing smoke grenades and despawning. Heck the other day I saw this opel driving to gun positions and when the enemy killed that gun he drove to the next and so on. The population is fragile and the cheaters ruin the tenuous hold this game has on me.

3 hours ago, viper69 said:

Hell I was getting hit by a tank that it’s rounds were impacting about 40yds away. A squaddie told me “well where you see their round hit doesn’t matter” well if his computer is telling the server he is hitting me yet my computer has a totally different visual yet audibly I’m getting the hits. It’s agrivating when you are trying to backup thinking you are moving in a direction appropriate to get out of the way but in reality it doesn’t matter one damn bit what you do.

It still matters, you aren't doing wrong by backing up.
But the incoming fire info is simplified, so you wont get precision impact point info.
You do get "I hit you" messages from what i can tell by shooting myself, which result in triggering hit sounds.
So use your audio together with the rounds you see, if it sounds like you are taking solid hits, you probably are.

There seems to be a death lag- you shoot someone and they run out of view and die-- i have seen this a lot over the last year or so.  It seems like they did not die, but when you despawn you see you have a kill. Often the body comes sliding back across the ground.  ( Which is another issue-- why do bodies slide around, sometimes for 50-60 yards?)

1 hour ago, blakeh said:

( Which is another issue-- why do bodies slide around, sometimes for 50-60 yards?)

Ah yes... the sliding, jerking, through the wall jive movements. All weird. No dignity in "death", lol.

S!

22 hours ago, boxrat said:

Seems like this is happening a lot now.  Playing inf, armor, or air.  you shoot at the enemy and they keep on going.

Not sure what is going on or how to fix it, but OMG this is getting out of control.  as Xoom would put it.. come play and have fun.. this [censored] isn't fun...

I am not talking what is balanced or not.. this is strictly hits are not registering. 

So some examples:

Playing engineer, busting FB.. an 88's rolls out on pad.. I am 5 ft from it.. shoot 3 times at gunner head, body, head.  After my 3rd shot, the 88 shoot 3 more times and kills a friendly tank then stops and despawns..DOH

Playing smg..shoot at INF very close range. 20 rounds into it.. inf turns and one shot and kills me..DOH  This goes for playing any class inf.

Playing AAA..25..  I am not even sure why we have these things in here.. they don't do any damage it seems.  hit 109 zooming down for strafe run.. hit 109 in prop under 100m away.. the prop is visual broken.. but engine sound still on and flys out of visual range.. No kill on 109, when exit mission..DOH

Playing tanks.. This is not just me.. Hit tanks in the crucial spots..7,8,9 times and still rolling like nothing is going on. I can't tell you how many times I hear veteran squad m8's complain about this.. 

And Lastly.. busting EFMS. place last satchel on front of FMS.. EI in literally standing 10 ft from the satchel.  The bunker is gone but the EI is still there.  If I am even remotely close to one of my satchels when it goes off, I am ded.

I came back of all the promises of changes they did and what's to come.  I am glad I did, but something has to be done about this. It's not just me..other squad mates and people in chat are always complaining about this.

I hope this gets fixed or some notion that you guys are looking into this.

Thanks for the hard work 

Yup. These are totally a "turn off" for the game. I do hope CRS can get this fixed and "soon".

S!

Keep working hard CRS.

S!

The games netcode is far from polished but you have to remember how old the game is now. A more modern lag compensation system and some update frequencies might make it a bit better. Without the lag compensation if I'm playing from OZ and you are US based there will always be lag to take into consideration.

On 9/21/2018 at 8:36 PM, merlin51 said:

It still matters, you aren't doing wrong by backing up.
But the incoming fire info is simplified, so you wont get precision impact point info.
You do get "I hit you" messages from what i can tell by shooting myself, which result in triggering hit sounds.
So use your audio together with the rounds you see, if it sounds like you are taking solid hits, you probably are.

Sure, everyone will just have to adjust their gameplay to account for this.

You're insane.

How about the NO Kill PAKS. Hit them front end with any kind of ATG/TANK rounds and SUDDENLY nothing happens. Or hit them with LMG type rounds, many many times.

Me I am in a ATG gun. Main guns round lands near me and I die. Or a SMG, LMG hits me front end and I die within 5 rounds.

I once put from a Viky HUNDREDS (300+) rounds, both main gun and lmg.

SUDDENLY NOTHING HAPPENS

4 hours ago, vasduten1 said:

Sure, everyone will just have to adjust their gameplay to account for this.

You're insane.

We always have, since day 1.
It's closer now than it was back then as the game no longer supports dialup
when it did, sometimes it was hard to know if you were being shot at, at all.

I'm going to give you a tip, don't tell anyone else but.....

Always shoot crewed weapons below the waist, I know instinct says drill them in the head but the greatest damage is done below the waist, shoot yourself in the nuts sometime to get a vivid demonstration of this.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, KMS said:

I'm going to give you a tip, don't tell anyone else but.....

Always shoot crewed weapons below the waist, I know instinct says drill them in the head but the greatest damage is done below the waist, shoot yourself in the nuts sometime to get a vivid demonstration of this.

What if we don’t have nuts, might you show up and allow us to drill you in your bag?

2 people like this

I remember some used to say the best place to shoot the 88 crew was in the foot. Now that's a ringing endorsement for the coding. :lol:

Edited by lipton

12 minutes ago, lipton said:

I remember some used to say the best place to shoot the 88 crew was in the foot. Now that's a ringing endorsement for the coding. :lol:

It was, because if you shot them in the head you didnt even get a damage. I started shooting them low, in the butt and legs and it worked 100x better. 

1 hour ago, Mosizlak said:

It was, because if you shot them in the head you didnt even get a damage. I started shooting them low, in the butt and legs and it worked 100x better. 

I always thought you were the type to hit "below the belt" !!

:P

:)

harrrrrr

S!

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0