propa

New Fighter/Bomber s!

12 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, stankyus said:

I thought the 109 FB was the 109 E-1, not the E-4.

Nope, it's the E-4 with a bomb. 

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Nope, it's the E-4 with a bomb. 

LOL, that answers some of my wtf how did he shoot me down with a few hit questions.  The Hurri2B F/B is a hell of a lot better than nothing but IMO because its a hurri2B, the Jabo should have been more in line like the E1 Jabo if there was ever such a thing. If the E4 was the first Jabo, it is what it is however not surprising with the introduction of the 190 E3 Jabo in T2 and even more unbalanced FB.  I wonder if the Spit carried bombs..  I am pretty sure the H81 did, and as little time it takes per Hatches discussion on how they just attached the existing bombs to the 190, I wonder why the effort was not afforded to add a bomb to the H81 but instead giving the French the H2B FB. I'm telling you, the allied equipment is just not that sexy.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, stankyus said:

I wonder why the effort was not afforded to add a bomb to the H81 but instead giving the French the H2B FB

Not 100% sure, but the H81-A3 (Tomahawk IIB/P-40C) is i think the only one with a bomb/droptank shackle, and i do not think those ever came to france?
They were sent to China for the Flying Tigers, but i don't think they were ever used or ordered by the french, or used in europe.
Again, i am not 100% sure on the usage part.

There are some french aircraft that might fit the bill, but they are not variants of anything existing, so they would need to be created from scratch
but they were all either in use by, or ordered by France before the surrender.
(no laughing at biplane, it's cool)

SBC-4_New_York_Naval_Air_Reserve_1940.jp

loiren10.jpg

Vought_SB2U-3_Vindicator_VS-1_1-S-16_(16

Dauntless_bomb_drop.jpg

Vengeance_bomber_of_12_Sqn_RAAF_in_fligh

18 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

Not 100% sure, but the H81-A3 (Tomahawk IIB/P-40C) is i think the only one with a bomb/droptank shackle, and i do not think those ever came to france?
They were sent to China for the Flying Tigers, but i don't think they were ever used or ordered by the french, or used in europe.
Again, i am not 100% sure on the usage part.

There are some french aircraft that might fit the bill, but they are not variants of anything existing, so they would need to be created from scratch
but they were all either in use by, or ordered by France before the surrender.
(no laughing at biplane, it's cool)

SBC-4_New_York_Naval_Air_Reserve_1940.jp

loiren10.jpg

Vought_SB2U-3_Vindicator_VS-1_1-S-16_(16

Dauntless_bomb_drop.jpg

Vengeance_bomber_of_12_Sqn_RAAF_in_fligh

the 3rd and 4th pics are of planes that were used by the navy in the pacific, not europe... the Dauntless dive bomber and SB2U vindicator 

8 minutes ago, Ltarflak said:

the 3rd and 4th pics are of planes that were used by the navy in the pacific, not europe... the Dauntless dive bomber and SB2U vindicator 

Yes, if you are American
But if you are French

A total of 174 Dauntlesses were ordered by the French Navy, but with the fall of France in the spring of 1940 that production batch was diverted to the U.S. Navy, which ordered 410 more.
Ordered, could not deliver due to surrender

Based on the SB2U-2, the V-156-F incorporated specific French equipment. Briefly after the deliveries started in July 1939, V-156-F crews were trained for carrier operations aboard the French carrier Béarn, but when the war broke out the old carrier was declared too slow for operational service. As a result, V-156-F-equipped units escadrilles AB 1 and AB 3 were based ashore when the Battle of France started. AB 1 sustained heavy losses while attacking bridges and German ground targets in Northern France, as well as providing air cover for the Evacuation of Dunkirk. AB 3's V-156-Fs were briefly engaged against the Italians, during which time they were credited with possibly sinking one submarine off Albenga. By the time of the Armistice, there were only a handful of remaining Voughts in French hands, and the type was phased out of service.
Actually saw service in the BOF

On 9/28/2018 at 9:03 AM, stankyus said:

LOL, that answers some of my wtf how did he shoot me down with a few hit questions.  The Hurri2B F/B is a hell of a lot better than nothing but IMO because its a hurri2B, the Jabo should have been more in line like the E1 Jabo if there was ever such a thing. If the E4 was the first Jabo, it is what it is however not surprising with the introduction of the 190 E3 Jabo in T2 and even more unbalanced FB.  I wonder if the Spit carried bombs..  I am pretty sure the H81 did, and as little time it takes per Hatches discussion on how they just attached the existing bombs to the 190, I wonder why the effort was not afforded to add a bomb to the H81 but instead giving the French the H2B FB. I'm telling you, the allied equipment is just not that sexy.

Keep ur grubby fingers off my Jabo, only plane I actually have a positive K/D ratio.

:)

Might see me along with ya in an Allied Tank next Campaign, one less Stug to fear.

2 people like this