• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
tkilroy

Any Laptop Players

4 posts in this topic

I am currently playing on a laptop that is not designed for Gaming. Who plays on a laptop and what is it and what did it cost?

I at times play on a Surface Pro 3 (I5 processor).  It generally gets ~ 30fps.  When i bought it the cost was ~900, but it's an older model now so is probably cheaper. 

You will need a mouse with it though... I tried it without once... and yeah.. it didn't end well.   The audio is kind of screwy though, the surface doesn't handle the directional stuff very well so everything sounds like it comes from right in front of you. 

1 person likes this

I am playing on an Helios 300, it's too much for this game. Get the cheapest laptop with the latest generation processor (for example i7-8750H),  and you will be fine with this game. Maybe a Dell G3, about USD 750.

1 person likes this

I'm running a DELL Latitude E6430. i7, 16GB of RAM. No GPU. I got this refurbished for 400$.

I get 60FPS with everything at max. 40-50 if a lot of people are around me.

This game, being a late 90's game, runs heavily on CPU from my imitated understanding.