Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

SPAA won’t deploy

viper69

As the title. The go to position 2 in my half track hit my assigned deploy key which is currently Z for this vehicle. I hear a click and a thud like the windscreen dropping but nothing happens. I go to position 3 and the gun will not move, the gunsight is black. Beyond frustrated to say the least.

deploy at position 2 then go to position 3 should be able to use the gun.

Sounds like thats what your doing are you using the Axis or allied SPAA, and check to be sure what your keymapper has it at.

S!

Edited by flong139
update

Axis and I deploy at position 2. Hear the sound of the windscreen go down but it doesn’t. Go to position 3 and gun will not move and gunsight is black. I wrote that in my first post I think.

• Registered Users

z is the default and should work. You are using English language keyboard?

Yes. As I said I’m getting an audio of something moving like a wind screen or something clicking and clunk. My deploy key works for my pushed AA & AT guns but for some reason I get nothing but the sound of it deploying. I have remapped the key from z to d to a joystick bind and all of them yield just an audio cue, nothing more.

• Registered Users

From the drivers position you can drive it using your joystick, correct?

Yes I steer it just fine, shift and all. It’s just the deploy button does nothing but give me an audio cue nothing more. 

• Registered Users

I have no idea as to why it's not working for you.

I have done that multiple times. The deploy key is working because when I hit it I get an audible cue of something happening. I however do not get any visual cues of the window going down or the guns ability to move from position 3. First time my map was to my joystick, then I mapped it to D then I mapped it back to default Z. All three different maps yield the same result. I can’t figure out why I can deploy AT guns and AA guns but deploying on the SPAA doesn’t work.

I am thinking its double mapped.. so when you press the deploy button, its undeploying right away.. So you will get the deploy sound (because it won't do the deploy and undeploy sound at the same time).. What I would try is making a backup of your key mapper cfml files in "My Documents\Battleground Europe\" folder and then load default key mapper and save it.. Then try it.. See if you still have the issue.

20 hours ago, SCKING said:

I am thinking its double mapped.. so when you press the deploy button, its undeploying right away.. So you will get the deploy sound (because it won't do the deploy and undeploy sound at the same time).. What I would try is making a backup of your key mapper cfml files in "My Documents\Battleground Europe\" folder and then load default key mapper and save it.. Then try it.. See if you still have the issue.

Will do. Can the same be accomplished by completely resetting the truck SPAA settings or do you think a map from another vehicle is conflicting?

3 hours ago, viper69 said:

Will do. Can the same be accomplished by completely resetting the truck SPAA settings or do you think a map from another vehicle is conflicting?

If you specifically pick a SPAA and set and save keymap, it will be for that unit specifically and will supercede any conflicting keymap
for the category.

meaning if category is ATG
and i map fire to be H
and them i pick FLAK36 specifically and map fire to be Y
when i spawn a flak36 category ATG should be ignored for any function that has a specific map in flak36.cfml
so key H that fires all other ATG's will do nothing in the flak36.

What i did for SPAA to start off with was copy my tank CFML contents to the allied SPAA units
after remapping a key to generate the initial CFML, and copied my SKDFZ7 CFML to the axis spaa CFML in notepad++
which gave me proper driving controls etc, and then finished by then mapping the weapon controls needed in game.