Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sublimesw

Adding the Cromwell Tank

18 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

So I've noticed the tank variants they are working on for the future patch. However, I feel that there is one important tank missing from that list: the Cromwell. Kind of a crucial piece to add, no? I'm pretty sure they had an important role during the war. Then again, I'm not a historian . . .

Cromwell was the British-made equivalent of the Sherman. With the ROQF 75mm gun, it had essentially identical gun performance to the Sherman, and was lower, faster, and slightly less reliable, but otherwise interchangable.

Cromwell's most important characteristics were that it was British made, thus avoiding total dependency on US/Canadian production, and that it led to Comet which then led to Centurion.

Doesn't seem super essential to me, unless priority is to be given to nationally identified weapons usage, i.e. US weapons for US forces, British weapons for British forces, French weapons for French forces.

It's on the to-do list, along with a slew of other items like UK Shermans, Lee/Grant and Valentines. With the exception of the Shermans it'll take me a while to work down the list however.

3 hours ago, sublimesw said:

Hey Everyone,

So I've noticed the tank variants they are working on for the future patch. However, I feel that there is one important tank missing from that list: the Cromwell. Kind of a crucial piece to add, no? I'm pretty sure they had an important role during the war. Then again, I'm not a historian . . .

The Cromwell was indeed a tank that played a pretty vital role in the latter stages of the war, especially in Normandy as part of the Desert Rats (7th Armoured Division) and the Guards Armoured Division. They were also used by the Canadian Army and the Polish Armoured and Czech independent Brigades.

UK Shermans are a higher priority I’d say, due the number used historically and the fact that they are much easier to model I’d assume, reading into what you said Bmbm. 

Tell me the panther on on the “to do list” it’s absence after all these years is kind of a shame.

Edited by viper69

Triads and quads, please. No more single introductions, except to fix prior single introductions.

Panther, M36B1, Firefly.

Royal Tiger, Comet with APDS, M26 with HVAP.

Tiger set: Add Churchill Gun Carrier. Add WP incendiary/smoke ammo to the Sherman 75 loadout. 

Edited by jwilly

I think the Valentine should be higher on the list mainly because it was a very important tank to the British and played a very big role in the war.

But also if you notice the all new vehicles are variations of a vehicle already in-game this happens because CRS is still Reverse-Engineering the process to add one, so don't expect vehicles that area completely different until CRS adds one vehicle that is completely new and shares nothing with an already implement vehicle.

Edited by pbveteran

On 10/4/2018 at 2:56 PM, pbveteran said:

I think the Valentine should be higher on the list mainly because it was a very important tank to the British and played a very big role in the war.

But also if you notice the all new vehicles are variations of a vehicle already in-game this happens because CRS is still Reverse-Engineering the process to add one, so don't expect vehicles that area completely different until CRS adds one vehicle that is completely new and shares nothing with an already implement vehicle.

New vehicles are coming, bmbm is doing a great job, but it's not just as easy as skinning the artwork. 

On 2018-10-04 at 8:56 PM, pbveteran said:

because CRS is still Reverse-Engineering the process to add one, so don't expect vehicles that area completely different until CRS adds one vehicle that is completely new and shares nothing with an already implement vehicle.

You have absolutely no idea.

<goes back to work on multiple entirely new vehicles>

1 person likes this

Just now, Bmbm said:

You have absolutely no idea.

<goes back to work on multiple entirely new vehicles>

Which? 

Achilles, pz iiil, pz ivh, stug iiig, firefly all of these are using assets from already implemented tanks the same for the older vehicles like spaas , stuka g1..

1- Is crs adding an entirely new vehicle with no previous asset use?

2- Is crs now capable of adding a completly new vehicle from the ground up like the panther or Cromwell?

Edited by pbveteran

On 10/3/2018 at 2:15 PM, jwilly said:

Doesn't seem super essential to me, unless priority is to be given to nationally identified weapons usage, i.e. US weapons for US forces, British weapons for British forces, French weapons for French forces.

Now your talking! How about a shameless plug for the Brequet 693 aka “Guppy”!? The FAF had more of these active than DB7s. (See sig below)

and yes, Axis needs the damn ju88 (I know that rant is coming)

2 hours ago, Bmbm said:

I’m not telling which.

1. Yes. And more than one.

2. Yes.

Good to know I don't thing CRS has official said they now have that capacity...

Based on what said @XOOM in this topic 

Question about the new buildings

about new forms of gameplay, i hope that someday we will see also Citroen Traction Avant , which was used by both side, as a staff car (you need active and mobile HC?), also as a scout car (it seems more suitable for scouting than noisy armored cars, which are currently in the game). They might find to use also in rally, during some intermissions.

Perhaps also the assault boats and inflatable boats, to enliven fights on the rivers.

Edited by lemkeh

We can do anything (within reason). However with limited manpower and the time required to model, dress up, rig and validate any one item, we have to work along a very strict priority list. 

A rubber dinghy for instance may sound like a simple matter modelling-wise. I assure that it’d be anything but, and every hour ”wasted” on a non-starter or nice-to-have marginal-impact vehicle, causes delay of the priority high ROI projects.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0