odonovan1

Game Not Showing Up On Steam Search

10 posts in this topic

At first, I entered the game name, and these suggestions popped up.

71Ifqq5.jpg

Then, I hit enter for the actual search, and THIS is what I got.

0PtZDTH.jpg

Would someone like to tell me how a search by "Relevance" gets Stardew Valley and NBA2K19 on my results page, yet the game I'm actually searching for BY NAME is nowhere to be found?  I did it with the "II" in the name as ii, 2, and two, with the same results.  Oh, and it's not one of the two titles which were excluded.  As you can see, whatever two games that refers to aren't even good enough matches to compete with SCUM and Overcooked! 2 for a place on page one.

Rats, someone had better get Steam straightened out.  This is VERY likely costing you a lot of money, as people can't even find the game.

-Irish

1 person likes this

It’s « wwii online ». 

Full letter words are indeed not taken into account

I've had searched, for curiosity some time ago. I have the boxed version. I thought right away that there is a missing tag for keywords in steams code. Keywords should be for instance, WWIIOL, World War Two Online, War games, PVP, and Battleground Europe (old use of name)

I may be wrong though as I don't know how Steam accounts are setup.

Btw this was reported on like 2 years ago.. CRS said it would look into it seems no1 did.

@XOOM

Is it possible to fix this?

4 hours ago, pbveteran said:

Btw this was reported on like 2 years ago.. CRS said it would look into it seems no1 did.

@XOOM

Is it possible to fix this?

We did look into it, we e-mailed our rep directly and we updated a couple of things on the store management page. We are not able to influence this any further. Would prefer to avoid making assumptions.

Yes, some of the new guys I've been training in my squad had problems with finding the game on Steam, too. You can eventually find it, but it requires typing in "II" or "2," I can't remember.

I just tell everyone to download the client anyways, at least at first. It's more stable in my opinion, and you can always go to Steam later if you decide the game is good and you'd like to buy the DLCs.

Yeah, but you shouldn't have to combine the number with the WW.  It should show up either way.  Typing World WarII doesn't make any sense, but I bet THAT would find it in the search.

-Irish