kareca

K/D matilda tier x panzers

32 posts in this topic

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:03 AM, sajuk said:

@stankyus

The Pzjr I is maby a fun anti Tankhunter, but ingame with real ei, he will lose and fail totaly.

If you play war thunder (They have atm on realistic the best  damage modell) you can see that the cz47mm gun make mostly zero or less damage on a Matilda.

Germany use in france the 8,8 sfl, its a 88 gun on a sdkz, this will be a much better idea to stop a Matilda OP in Tier 0-1.

I am aware that EI will be a problem.. I think if anyone has ever taken a wacky out, they know the vulnerabilities to EI.  That being said if you get to a good position you can do damage. What the PzJr1 has over the wacky is its forward firing, has 3 sides with armor plating around the gun crew UNLESS the crew is exposed from the flank like the wacky ATG crew.. modelling will see if thats the case or not and is on tracks. Something a HE round wont knock off. I suspect it will be a bigger asset than the wacky due to its characteristics but not a panacea of tanking joy. 

On 10/12/2018 at 8:01 PM, kareca said:

Today I shot 82 (APs) - 3H_  at the spot sapper matilda, and no kill... (250 -300m) ...

Well, keep in mind the sapper charge is HEAT, and when it places, it is going to be a perfect 0 degree angle on the plate
and it will always make its maximum penetration, and i think it can penetrate over 100mm on the sapper satchel.
So with it, you just need to make sure the placement points the jet at something fatal behind the armor.

Shooting we get angles to contend with, and varying penetration with range, and if the hit is not fully penetrating we have to rely on spall hitting the things inside we want to hit with enough force to kill them. And the spalling requires we make it something like 80% through.
And the spall also does not always go where we wish it would.

Matty is definitely hard

15 hours ago, jwilly said:

It rolled over and down a hill when fired.

That would be my luck. :)

3 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

Well, keep in mind the sapper charge is HEAT, and when it places, it is going to be a perfect 0 degree angle on the plate
and it will always make its maximum penetration, and i think it can penetrate over 100mm on the sapper satchel.
So with it, you just need to make sure the placement points the jet at something fatal behind the armor.

Shooting we get angles to contend with, and varying penetration with range, and if the hit is not fully penetrating we have to rely on spall hitting the things inside we want to hit with enough force to kill them. And the spalling requires we make it something like 80% through.
And the spall also does not always go where we wish it would.

Matty is definitely hard

That would be my luck. :)

I'll ask the matildas to always be at a 90 degree angle to me ..  lol

Always a justification for the matilda.

"Matty is definitely hard" I do not agree, it's immortal in tier0 for panzers

Thats why we need artillery, was the 105mms that took out most of the Mattys at Arras iirc. It wouldn't stick out so bad as the 88, and its got a gun shield. Bombarding with the new HE (if it ever gets here...) and poppin Matildas, whats not to like?

39 minutes ago, blggles said:

was the 105mms that took out most of the Mattys at Arras

True. It's even possible that the 88s  had zero Matilda kills there, and all of them were by the 105 battery.

We do know from the corps battle journal that the 105 battery saved the day. It was commanded by a very junior leutnant, fresh from OCS, who correctly evaluated from troops running away in the streets the panic due to the British tank attack, and in the absence of all the other officers who were at a staff meeting across town, took the initiative to order the artillery unit to load up and follow him to what turned out to be a perfect flanking-fire location at the edge of town.

We also know that the 88 battery deployed at one side of a field on that side of town was a Luftwaffe unit detailed to Army...not Wehrmacht and attached to Rommel's division...and was deployed and prepared to provide high altitude AA fire. That fact explains why that unit's officers and men were all in their trenches as British MG bullets whizzed around and the tanks advanced across the field toward the AA guns. Per training and orders, dealing with enemy tanks wasn't a Luftwaffe AA unit's job. Rommel and his adjutant ran to that unit through that MG fire to get the unit to go into action whether they wanted to or not; Rommel's adjutant took an MG bullet through the chest and died on the spot, and Rommel ended up pinned down by the tank MG fire. Maybe some of the 88s went into action, but maybe not.

The story that it was the 88s was German propaganda, created in 1941, long after the actual battle. We don't know what part of that story was true. We do know that the British, during and after the battle, didn't understand that the 105s were firing AP at them, and in the confusion and smoke thought their progressive tank losses were due to the 88s. We also know that the Germans later recognized from Afrika Korps prisoner interrogations that the British had developed a substantial fear of the 88mm. The German propaganda may have been just a clever management of the enemy's perceptions of the earlier battle to increase that British fear.

3 hours ago, jwilly said:

True. It's even possible that the 88s  had zero Matilda kills there, and all of them were by the 105 battery.

We do know from the corps battle journal that the 105 battery saved the day. It was commanded by a very junior leutnant, fresh from OCS, who correctly evaluated from troops running away in the streets the panic due to the British tank attack, and in the absence of all the other officers who were at a staff meeting across town, took the initiative to order the artillery unit to load up and follow him to what turned out to be a perfect flanking-fire location at the edge of town.

We also know that the 88 battery deployed at one side of a field on that side of town was a Luftwaffe unit detailed to Army...not Wehrmacht and attached to Rommel's division...and was deployed and prepared to provide high altitude AA fire. That fact explains why that unit's officers and men were all in their trenches as British MG bullets whizzed around and the tanks advanced across the field toward the AA guns. Per training and orders, dealing with enemy tanks wasn't a Luftwaffe AA unit's job. Rommel and his adjutant ran to that unit through that MG fire to get the unit to go into action whether they wanted to or not; Rommel's adjutant took an MG bullet through the chest and died on the spot, and Rommel ended up pinned down by the tank MG fire. Maybe some of the 88s went into action, but maybe not.

The story that it was the 88s was German propaganda, created in 1941, long after the actual battle. We don't know what part of that story was true. We do know that the British, during and after the battle, didn't understand that the 105s were firing AP at them, and in the confusion and smoke thought their progressive tank losses were due to the 88s. We also know that the Germans later recognized from Afrika Korps prisoner interrogations that the British had developed a substantial fear of the 88mm. The German propaganda may have been just a clever management of the enemy's perceptions of the earlier battle to increase that British fear.

Kinda like this . Just sub the Matilds Tank for the Russian Tank.

There are 2 things that speak for the PnzJgr1  and it doesn't matter that ei can kill them easy , I give you the Laffy15 ( been using it with success so I don't see why the PnzJgr1 would be much different,  in the hands of any Stug player it be a deadly weapon. ) and the M10 both Allied both killable by Axis EI .