Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Sign in to follow this  
delems

Rank points really messed up.

souper

I think the worst for this is the Luftwaffe. It's tough to get kills in the air and if you manage to get them you get so few points that most try to gain Luftwaffe rank through infantry missions as the points there are so inflated.

It seems that the flight sim part of this game has been neglected for the most part as it seems the focus is on the infantry side. I for one was interested in the flight sim part of the game but over time lost interest because of the difficulty of obtaining rank vs army and the lack of matching aircraft for added ground forces, US, Italy.

On a side note I think the biggest lost of the game is that from it's description the time frame was supposed to be up to they year1943. Last I checked US forces didn't arrive in Europe until 1944. Seems odd to add US and Italian ground forces but no B17s, P51s, C205s etc. It seems that the game has strayed from it's historical simulation roots in trying to attract counter-strike players and in doing so many of those who enjoy the historical simulation aspect lost interest. Just my opinion of course.

ian77

US troops were in Sicily in July 1943, and then Italy after that, again 1943. I am sure if the British and French were still fighting in Western European Mainland in 1943 the US would have sent troops to fight there as well.

It is really tough to rank up as Air without playing inf, or spam bombing bridges. Ground should be tougher too.

S! ian

jwilly

Old-CRS used to state that the game is a simulation of historical events (within CRS's ability to develop so far) as of the German attack in 1940. Events after that date are dependent on what happens in-game.

The game is a simulation of weapon and vehicle functionality without date boundaries.

My understanding is that those are new-CRS's explanations of the game as well.

USA didn't have forces fighting alongside the British and French as of 1940, so US participation depends on what happens in-game. So far, CRS's stance has been that USA would join the fighting in 1943, even if the Germans were held by the British and French forces.

delems

Any idea when we can fix these rank points, they really off imo.

Sign in to follow this