dre21

Churchill tank look left and right as driver

11 posts in this topic

And u can see the track spinning while driving, now would that not be an armor leak. I can't imagine that in real life they had 2 openings on each side just to see the tracks.

My understanding is that visual effects are unrelated to collider-model leaks, and the models are entirely separate and run in seperate code segments. Collider models are invisible except with a developer client.

Obviously the visual model is flawed. The interior models of all the tanks and other vehicles are pretty primitive.

Edited by jwilly

On 10/27/2018 at 7:56 PM, dre21 said:

And u can see the track spinning while driving, now would that not be an armor leak. I can't imagine that in real life they had 2 openings on each side just to see the tracks.

When you are driving the tank, you are in a virtual cockpit model, kind of a separate piece
(well pieces, different positions etc)
Some have some visual glitches, but as Jwilly mentions, they are a separate thing from what is actually being shot with stuff.

Just taking a generic tank, you have
The exterior art model, what everyone sees you driving around as, which is actually a bunch of different parts really.

Then there are the virtual pits, the things you see when being the operator inside. and you may also use some of the exterior model also, like when popping
out the commander etc.
There are lots of pieces to these, some that you do not see visually but serve to provide mechanical function.
(ever notice that if a french tank opens the big back hatch you see a black void, but if you somehow accidentally clip into the tank, like if you spawn with it on top of you, you now see tank insides?)

And then there is the damage model itself, which is thankfully invisible because it can be kind of ugly, but it makes up all the parts that can be hit or collide with things.

@Bmbm could give a much better explanation as he works with the vehicle models extensively

But you could build a textureless tank (which would be weird unless you are wonder woman?) And as long as you assembled the DM correctly
You'd have this nearly invisible bullet proof thing rolling around.

I’ve previously noted the Churchill visual anomaly and intend to fix it eventually. It has no bearing on damage modelling - ie there are no holes in the collider. Most of our vehicles are in dire need of visual overhaul both internal and external, which is an ongoing task.

2 people like this

This post sent me scurrying through the internet and youtube for hours looking for an inside pic of the Churchill lol

Call up your developer-associate Scotsman and have him get a pic or video from one of his acquaintances at a tank museum...oh, that's right, he departed. Unfortunate.

On 10/30/2018 at 4:54 AM, Bmbm said:

I’ve previously noted the Churchill visual anomaly and intend to fix it eventually. It has no bearing on damage modelling - ie there are no holes in the collider. Most of our vehicles are in dire need of visual overhaul both internal and external, which is an ongoing task.

The Churchill 7 still dying to stugGs at 1k - 1.2/4 k frontally . I know Scotsman found 2 issues with the Churchill tanks that had them dying to frontal hits they shouldn't. The stugG shouldn't kill the ch7 frontally unless possibly 100m, the tiger 500 meters. Potentially that is. That being said I watch a tiger tank out two ch7s just Sunday at 1600-1800m.. as in wtf explode them. I assume the issue fix is not present in the game yet?

1 hour ago, jwilly said:

Call up your developer-associate Scotsman and have him get a pic or video from one of his acquaintances at a tank museum...oh, that's right, he departed. Unfortunate.

I’ve got enough pics thank you.

38 minutes ago, stankyus said:

The Churchill 7 still dying to stugGs at 1k - 1.2/4 k frontally . I know Scotsman found 2 issues with the Churchill tanks that had them dying to frontal hits they shouldn't. The stugG shouldn't kill the ch7 frontally unless possibly 100m, the tiger 500 meters. Potentially that is. That being said I watch a tiger tank out two ch7s just Sunday at 1600-1800m.. as in wtf explode them. I assume the issue fix is not present in the game yet?

Haven’t checked lately but may be plunging fire against top armor?

22 hours ago, Bmbm said:

Haven’t checked lately but may be plunging fire against top armor?

Flat ground.. IIRC turnhout. Don't think the round drops enough to punch though. It's strange, I saw tonight a ch7 take serious punishment from a tiger under... my 500m and did not die, so its possible the rounds are getting through the top armor. That being said a squadie took a stugG hit from 400 off angle frontally and exploded.. that was canukplf. It should not penetrate or even spall at that range to set off the ammo like it did. My impression is that the issue is still present.