• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
jokur

Side lock for the whole campaign

36 posts in this topic

I am for it. Many, if not most players are side loyal, so I suggest we lock the personas for the opposing side for each campaign once you make a choice. Fight it out until the bitter end. Perhaps we could go as far as locking your IP address to one side. Not only would it help put a stop to side switching cheaters but it would encourage people to fight it out to the bitter end rather than joining the winning side. 

What say you? Total side lock for a whole campaign? Increase the side switch timer? Leave it as is? Maybe only allow F2P to swap sides depending on whether they currently have a premium account already? 

For or against and why.

Discuss... 

2 people like this

I know on the allied side all of a sudden numbers just dropped off big time we had 2 squads basically quit, over what I don't know. But game is basically unplayable when you have 6 guys defending against 30 lol. I tried to keep the lines stable yesterday and all I got was axis players coming over whining that there was no one to fight.....

Only reason I stayed on all day yesterday was there were no HC at all besides me.

I wont be that guy any longer though I shouldn't have to put up with axis players coming over whining saying we are not putting up a good fight if you don't like the situation and your bored then come play allied and help balance it out is all I can say.....

Malvoc out....

2 people like this

1 hour ago, jokur said:

I am for it. Many, if not most players are side loyal, so I suggest we lock the personas for the opposing side for each campaign once you make a choice. Fight it out until the bitter end. Perhaps we could go as far as locking your IP address to one side. Not only would it help put a stop to side switching cheaters but it would encourage people to fight it out to the bitter end rather than joining the winning side. 

What say you? Total side lock for a whole campaign? Increase the side switch timer? Leave it as is? Maybe only allow F2P to swap sides depending on whether they currently have a premium account already? 

For or against and why.

Discuss... 

im all for that I like swiching it up but not once have I switched mid way thru as some do so yes ip addy should be the lock.

1 person likes this

I've been saying this for years. It will significantly reduce issues with spies, and more importantly stop people from switching sides when the going gets tough so that they can keep winning and instead encourage people to stick it out to the bitter end. Only F2P should be able to switch sides mid campaign. There is no reason to continuously allow side switching mid campaign to the point it doesn't cause more issues than it fixes, and the vast majority of the playerbase that remains that pays for this game, is side loyal, at least per campaign.

1 person likes this

Disagree 100%.

Why would side-lock have any impact whatsoever on spying? If someone wants to spy, they would presumably use a second account.

Side-lock would seriously harm numbers balance. Some players (like me) choose a side based on numbers at persona selection screen (choose whichever side is underpop). Preventing players from doing that would be a bad thing.

3 hours ago, rule303 said:

I've been saying this for years. It will significantly reduce issues with spies

Not really..........people with 2 subs can still spy.

5 hours ago, jokur said:

Many, if not most players are side loyal

sounds like the player base by and large already voluntarily side locks - what's left to discuss?

1 person likes this

What would happen to players that like to play the underpop side and switch?

A better idea would be to allow free2play the option of choosing the underpop side with equipment bonuses.

3 people like this

Like Xanthus, i play on which ever side shows as under pop, which the lock would prevent, and i don't really prefer to log into a side that is already OP
and add more imbalance.

Pete's idea is interesting, but would have to be done in a way that does not devalue the DLC's and subscriptions i think?

1 person likes this

Whats more important for the longevity of the game?

A handful of DLC's or a more balanced population which may lead to eventual subscribers down the road?

2 people like this

FWIW - I have wanted the side-lock on a per campaign basis for years now. Makes sense.  Like Mundagurri said - Try it for a couple of campaigns. Can't hurt.

3 people like this

Or do a side lock for 12 or 24 hours. Would at least prevent the ones that like to flip during an ongoing battle.

1 person likes this

I have been a loyal Allied player since the day came out.  My number of kills as an Axis player is exactly ZERO.  I am not a fan of those who swap sides within a battle, and while I accept that some just really 'like playing the underdog side', I'm not a fan of that kind of thing either.  Having said all of that, I believe side-locking will make for even less people logging in, thus I hope that isn't a choice.

Pittpete's idea of giving incentives to the under-populated side, in the form of extra types of spawnable weapons, is a better choice imho.  Not only will it incentivize some folks to spawn the underdog side, but in addition those who do will be more effective, i.e. make the battles more fightable and fun, due to having better equipment, (or in the case of low supply, SOME equipment).

S!

15 hours ago, xanthus said:

Disagree 100%.

Why would side-lock have any impact whatsoever on spying? If someone wants to spy, they would presumably use a second account.

Side-lock would seriously harm numbers balance. Some players (like me) choose a side based on numbers at persona selection screen (choose whichever side is underpop). Preventing players from doing that would be a bad thing.

This is true

The only solution I see is a re-worked XP system whereby when your side is underpop, you gain XP quicker. And the XP then allows you to advance your Persona, with better PPOs, map and coordination tools, different uniforms, higher rank etc

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, xanthus said:

Disagree 100%.

Second accounts takes more effort to setup, or can outright cost your money, that I imagine that you'd only have to worry about serial spies. At least will remove some of the problem of small timers.

If people seriously though think side locking for a campaign is too extreme though, at least make the lockout timer much longer than 15 minutes so that people can't switch sides mid battle. Needs to be at least several hours.

No.  I don't want a guy who is pissed he cannot switch sides and decides to become just a target or logs out because he cant help out the underpopped side..

I am all for a side lock, but CRS will never do it. I do agree increasing the time to swap side as well. At least a couple of hours. I see Axis guys killing Allies and then a few minutes later playing along side the Allies.

If you log into one side initially, there should be several hour time limit before you can log into the other side. With free to play accounts however, any player who wants to cheat can have another free account on the other side checking out their missions etc., so I really don't think it will affect the cheating much.

lol. Allies must be mad atm. Well if they can't keep the squads happy guess what happens.

Squads Rule!

I would welcome side lock for a campaign, if for nothing else .... just as an experiment to try  something new. I don't see it as an axis or allied thing. Just another lever to pull to mix it up a bit without changing fundamentals of the game.