jokur

Side lock for the whole campaign

36 posts in this topic

The real question is - How does one motivate a player to stick with a single side through an entire campaign? If the answers are all across the board then I am not sure what a trial will tell you other than players not logging in during the side lock trial in order to get the side lock question out of our system.

Instead of side locking what would motivate a player to stay on one side? It might be the 80/20 rule - 80% stay one side and 20% like to move back and forth.

I definitely agree there needs to me some sort of incentive to help out the underpop side, regardless of which side is underpop. This isn't and Allied or Axis issue. It's a game issue. No one likes being steamrolled and I personally don't enjoy doing the steamrolling all that much. Sure it's fun for a town or two, but after a while it just gets boring. As for the side lock, it couldn't hurt too much to try it out one campaign. At the very least we need to up the timer to a 2 hour minimum.

2 people like this

People switching sides causing no harm to anyone else. Perhaps the time interval needs to be increased, but otherwise, infringing on the rights of people to choose  which side they want to play on is of no advantage to anyone.  People switch for various reasons.  Locking someone to  the over pop side where they are bored and uninterested because there is no meaningful resistance is a sure way to get people to cancel their subscriptions.  We don't have enough paying customers now and can't afford to lose anymore.  A side lock for the campaign will cause more harm than good.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, jokur said:

I definitely agree there needs to me some sort of incentive to help out the underpop side, regardless of which side is underpop. This isn't and Allied or Axis issue. It's a game issue. No one likes being steamrolled and I personally don't enjoy doing the steamrolling all that much.

This.

Sidelock = every campaign is a steamrolling campaign because vets (i.e. good players) won't be able to switch sides to even out the fight.

Sidelock is a terrible idea.

I dont care so much about someone switching sides as long as they can be honest about it, going over counting othersides supply situation or running 2 accounts at the same time on both sides is a ptoblem that kind of thing destroys games.

All in all a person should have the ability to go back an forth but with some kind of penalty/reward along lines of pittepete's idea could be something to look in to, what kind of nightmare that could turn in to with game fluctuation would or could be a problem.

S!

I'm reconsidering....

Earlier today, a nub spawned at our MS and then swapped sides for the sole purpose of camping it not a minute later. Pretty infuriating.

Maybe a sidelock would be too extreme, but at least put in a longer delay before someone can switch sides after spawning on one side.

How about this start with one side want to change ok go nah liked other side ok warning if you go back you are locked to that side for campaign.

Let's first remove this 2 min sidelock for an over pop side - what waste; 30 seconds is fine.

Now, changing sides, sure we could maybe make that a bit longer, though 15 min is pretty good - if it applied both to over and under pop sides.

Campaign side lock - generally for it, but maybe if rank 3 or under can switch.

Can an IP address be "easily" locked to a side? I suspect a range might affect multiple people but if IP addresses can be locked for a set period that would reduce, I hope, spying.

As for side imbalance I wish there was a better indicator of how badly one side is outnumbered, like a seesaw symbol or like a dash indicator. I really just want a fun experience and good battles over "winning at all costs". Getting pounded on by overwhelming odds just isn't fun and causes people to log off. That doesn't do either side any good. Victory without effort is a hollow victory.