• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
epope

Game crashes after loading on new SSD

9 posts in this topic

I installed the game on a new Crucial 500GB SSD with a fresh copy of Windows 10.  All I've done is updated windows, installed my video driver (nvidia), and installed the MoBo details. Now WWII online starts to load...the red bar barely moves at all...it does say 'finished' but then kicks me back to desktop.  Any ideas?

English version language installed?

Make sure your the game is using your GPU and not Intel Graphics adapter?

Try this below

How to set a default graphics card (NVIDIA)

Step One- Open the Nvidia Control Panel. You can do this by right-clicking on the desktop or you can find the option within the notification area of the Taskbar.

How to set a default graphics card

Step Two- Select  Manage 3D Settings under 3D Settings.

Step Three- Click on the Program Settings tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.

Step Four- Now select the preferred graphics processor in the drop down list (you can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting). If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor.How to set a default graphics card

*Note: For ATI/AMD graphics cards the process varies. Open the control center in the same way as above. You may need to open graphics then PowerPlay and set plugged in and/or battery to maximize performance. You can also try going to graphics then 3D and move the slider to performance. Your computer may also have a switchable graphics tab where you can change the settings for individual programs.

•  

For those not sure how to check your windows version in Windows 10, do the following:

1) Press Windows+R -or- Open Cortana and type in "Run"

2) Type "winver" and click "Open"

3) Write down the version AND build number (for example mine is Win10 Version 1803 Build 17134.345)

The issue is in the "Quick Help" which loads when the game tries to load the Persona screen which happens right after loading the Terrain.. You do not need anything in your wwiiol.xml file except for what is quoted below:

It should be in a file called "wwiiol.xml" and it should be located in C:\Users\<computer username>\Documents\Battleground Europe\

ie. On my laptop the wwiiol.xml file is located at "C:\Users\Steven\Documents\Battleground Europe\wwiiol.xml"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<message what="0">
  <value name="quickhelp-brigade" type="bool" value="true"/>
  <value name="quickhelp-brigades" type="bool" value="true"/>
  <value name="quickhelp-manuals" type="bool" value="true"/>
  <value name="quickhelp-map" type="bool" value="true"/>
  <value name="quickhelp-mission" type="bool" value="true"/>
  <value name="quickhelp-offline" type="bool" value="true"/>
  <value name="quickhelp-persona" type="bool" value="true"/>
  <value name="quickhelp-squad" type="bool" value="true"/>
  <value name="quickhelp-tutorials" type="bool" value="true"/>
</message>