• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
merc88

Dayone player trying to play again ... issues

40 posts in this topic

OK, so I downloaded the game on two new computers, both up to date and more than capable for the game as I remember.  Was AIr Warrior for 10 years then WWiionline for 8 years, then went to WOrld of Tanks... bringing Merc88, Merc87 and Merc86, the 88th Mercantiles back to game.  Problem is everytime I start the game it CTD's, both computers...  Thoughts?

Merc88

Ok, have tried download 3 times on 3 separate computers... all CTD on start, I get about and inch on the red line and BOOM CTD...   LOL  I see not much has changed over the years.   I do note that the video identified is called Display 1 , with no options for other video card  selections... ROFLOL,   Nice work, 3 accounts ready to go and can't get it to start on 3 different computers....ROFLOL    just WOW.

\\Display1 is what windows calls it.
If you only have one monitor, that will be the only choice, would be useless to show choices that are invalid.

Should have a log file in documents\battleground europe

Paste it here, it might show the crash error
A dxdiag output from at least one of the PC's would be helpful too

this is too funny  I too downloaded WW2 online today after many years away, was one of the originals and was in Airwarrior  ( WidowMakers ) .  Thought id give it a go again but there are issues getting the game to load   bug in hand  so am now waiting on the fix   not the best start   but hey   been here before

Spooky
Does the game crash before or after arriving at the persona screen?
There is some language bug that will crash it at the persona screen if the language is not english.
That is being worked on.

You do not specify what issue you had though?

On a windows 10 PC that are some other reasons.
Windows 10 by default does not have older visual C libraries installed, which the game needs.
That kind of problem usually results in the game crashing with a message stating that a certain DLL file can not be found.

If you have that kind of crash, it is an easy fix, just need to know what DLL it's wanting and can tell you with MS VC++ runtime library to install

I think there was one other crash issue that appeared last patch that affects a small amount of people, where the game does just hard crash with no reason given.
I believe a fix is being worked on for that.

when you download the game are you connected directly to the internet or wireless, just asking when i tried wireless downloads there always messed up and i had same issue your having.

S! I remember the widowmakers welcome back sir!

Edited by flong139

Don't go crazy trying to fix.

Devs are working on a patch.

I've tried helping many people in support and nothing helped.

will you mail out when the patch is done to fix the error  or is it a case of keep trying and see if the game patches itself ?

nice Flong   it feels like an age ago in Airwarrior    top game though that was

same problems here, im loading map screen about the vehicle area and CTD. 

Windows 10

Nvidia

Processor AMD ryzen 3 1200 quad core processor 3.10 GHz

RAM 8.0 GB

I have a squad of guys that want to come play from another game but i cant sell it like this, hope the fix is done soon.

Windows 10    Nvidia   updated to latest drivers   Cat5 cabled   SSD drive  16gb ram     should be good enough, cant say im happy after having re subscribed and cant play yet..    any news

For those not sure how to check your windows version in Windows 10, do the following:

1) Press Windows+R -or- Open Cortana and type in "Run"

2) Type "winver" and click "Open"

3) Write down the version AND build number (for example mine is Win10 Version 1803 Build 17134.345)

Here is a quick workaround to the CTD issue. We are working on a coding fix for this as well. 

Look in your <User>\Documents\Battleground Europe\ folder for a file called wwiiol.xml. If you have the file in there, add the line:  

<value name="quickhelp-persona" type="bool" value="true"/>

into it after one of the other “value” lines. If you do not have a wwiiol.xml file at all, then create one with the following content..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<message what="0">

<value name="quickhelp-brigade" type="bool" value="true"/>

<value name="quickhelp-brigades" type="bool" value="true"/>

<value name="quickhelp-manuals" type="bool" value="true"/>

<value name="quickhelp-map" type="bool" value="true"/>

<value name="quickhelp-mission" type="bool" value="true"/>

<value name="quickhelp-offline" type="bool" value="true"/>

<value name="quickhelp-persona" type="bool" value="true"/>

<value name="quickhelp-squad" type="bool" value="true"/>

<value name="quickhelp-tutorials" type="bool" value="true"/>

</message>

That should get you into game. You may see some tutorial errors. Just avoid the tutorial area at the moment. But the game itself should work.

2 hours ago, sl33zy said:

that defiantly helped getting in but htting the wrong tab CTD, birgade info etc....

A step by step how to reproduce along with a screenshot of any error popup would help a ton on this. We should have a fix for the CTD that the file swap is fixing but any additional info helps greatly.

just got new pc with windows 10 . crashs at load terrain . I go to documents / battleground Europe / then there is another folder labeled battleground Europe / then a lg.dat file ? 

Edited by tatonka

first thing a sign comes up saying The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME 140.dll was not found reinstalling program may fix this problem .   I re downloaded 3 times same each time .  In doc file is 2 files of battleground Europe last file has lg.dat file in it , 1st file just has another battleground Europe folder in it .  the wwiiol.xml is in the download file with the ww2 application