Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
delems

SD, SD, capture, AO.

14 posts in this topic

How can we make more action in game?  Four ideas:

1) Side delay - this is completely unnecessary and waste of time; I'm sure 99% of the players know which side they want to play when they log in; no more than 30 seconds here.

2) Spawn delay - while the 10 sec in of itself is not bad, with the horrific 4 min capture times at even pop - it is unnecessary.  But the real insidious evil is the "EnterWorld" bug that results, with no SD, no bug.

3) Captures - Atrocious to have 4 min captures at even pop; I'd go back to 1 minute, but suppose we could try 2 first.  And it will mean paras can do something again. (keep the sliding scale)

4) AOs - need to allow soft caps with 1 AO again; axis been a week and we still can't buffer Montf, we've moved past that town!  Not only that, N flank completely blocked because allies won't put a flag in Boz.

All these should be implemented immediately imo.  Bring back maneuver and bring back some battles.  Let there be action again (and make para great).

And think, maybe we'll sell lots more para DLC if they can actually be of use again...  MAGA!   (Make Airborne Great Again).

Edited by delems

I'm not following the EnterWorld bug argument, at all.

Remember captures go faster with more people in them independent of the pop sliders, so faster single man caps is ninja-friendly- which is NOT about action but rather cheap capture without a fight.  That was the whole point of the original faster cap timer with more capture people point anyway, get more guys in at even pop and you cap/recap faster which meant you concentrated players successfully and fended off disrupting defenders.  It rewards concentration and sustained battle over facilities.

Only argument I see here is easing single man caps to get spawnable/warp up and go to close quarters battle. 

That's different from what does need to happen, overall faster base caps.  I have not noted a 4m base and certainly doesn't feel like it, but if it is that should be 3m base.  Not much faster.

I don't see the point of spending another moment monkeying with the AO logic on the current version- rather they do 1.36 right, which likely will eliminate the softcap limit since every town will have at least a minimum of supply.

*** I'm not following the EnterWorld bug argument, at all.

Young jedi, go play in a navy, ARM or HQ flag for a bit (while op) -- I think you will learn.

If not, you must resign from jedi knight training. (and not reapply for 1 year)

Edited by delems

3 hours ago, Kilemall said:

which likely will eliminate the softcap limit

There will not be any "SoftCaps"
If the enemy attacks in 1.36 and you don't show up, that's on you.
If a town is attackable, then it has garrison, and only reason to lose it with no fight would be a tactical choice.

5 hours ago, Kilemall said:

I'm not following the EnterWorld bug argument, at all.

Only "EnterWorld" bug I am familiar with is where the supply on a certain weapon is at or near zero, the system for some reason gets stuck trying to find out if the last of the weapon is still available. So it acts like its going to spawn/reserve when you press the "Enter World" button and sits there for like 10 seconds and then goes back green without entering the world.. 

17 hours ago, delems said:

*** I'm not following the EnterWorld bug argument, at all.

Young jedi, go play in a navy, ARM or HQ flag for a bit (while op) -- I think you will learn.

If not, you must resign from jedi knight training. (and not reapply for 1 year)

Those have fewer units to burn through, else I don't see how the unit type would create some sort of 'different' timer on spawn in.

14 hours ago, SCKING said:

Only "EnterWorld" bug I am familiar with is where the supply on a certain weapon is at or near zero, the system for some reason gets stuck trying to find out if the last of the weapon is still available. So it acts like its going to spawn/reserve when you press the "Enter World" button and sits there for like 10 seconds and then goes back green without entering the world.. 

Now that I have seen, I had not associated it with near zero supply but more like intense battles (where the supply is often running down to zero yes, but the system is also busy dealing with a LOT of deaths in a short period of time as things get intense).

I'll keep my eye on it, but I don't know that any of Delems' suggestions are going to fix it.  That's more of a throughput thing through what I'm guessing is the strat server.

Best fix there would likely be a properly cached disk array, but probably not happening at CRS' fiscal state.

*** but I don't know that any of Delems' suggestions are going to fix it

With no SD, there is no bug - confirmed.  So it will immensely help, as the bug is gone.

Again, go make CP missions with navy, ARM or HQ flag and use it for a while, spawn in and out doing stuff -- I have faith you will soon 'see' the bug.

On 11/9/2018 at 2:39 PM, delems said:

Bring back maneuver and bring back some battles.  Let there be action again

"Manuver"    bite your tongue, that would involve strategy and thinking and less brigades.    You can have none of that here .....

FMS should be redone so people spawn covered from fire. That Will eliminate some frustration for sure. You spawn; check if enemies around, then go out if not camped, OR try to defend the fms as if it were a fb.

Suggestion for Trucks: You stop your truck and you can leave it as riflemen, while it is setting fms or just parked there for later: So you can check around, defend yourself or not killed while setting fms. The truck still can be killed, of course.

!S

The problem is towns don't change hands unless one side has like 2+ to 1 odds on the other.

Simply ridiculous to have 4 min bas capture time.

1 person likes this

I agree with Delems that map movement should be encouraged when a side is attacking and has the numbers to do so. Personally, I thought lower base capture timers with Spawn Delay were good because the SD only affected the overpop side and only if they died, which in effect encourages more careful gameplay I'd like to hope. It helped balance the numbers but only through in-game performance. My 0.02 on the matter. Regardless, I'm most interested in making 1.36 work at this point. If supply garrison supply is limited and attrition very possible then the campaign will hopefully shift from discussing SD and capture timers to staying alive, winning area control and thinking about re-supply and reinforcement of attack or defence.  

Edited by raptor34

I am sure that this will be evaluated once 1.36 is  out. All CRS focus right now is to get the hotfix for the xml issue out, and deliver on 1.36 and the remaining items in the roadmap.

Once that is done, A major discussion will happen to discuss a new road map.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0