• Announcements

• HEAVY265

TOS Change regarding the Forums   11/23/2018

Rule 23 is in discussions.  The official change will come out soon.  It will go effect Jan 1st. As it stands from this point.  Political and religious posts are allowed in off topic.  Be mindful to be respectful to each other.   That is all for now. Thank you for your continued support and patience.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dre21

OIC and his role

9 posts in this topic

I'm wondering why can't the OIC ( I know right now it's Brigade specific) 

Just set and remove AOs, especially when the last HC officer leaves the map the one player that does take the OIC should be able to do simple things like set and pull attack AOs.  

He should not be able to move Brigades around so if one side attacks a town and supply runs low, one is forced to fight what's left till either one runs out of supply or a successful defence happens and the attacker pulls the AO.

If the OIC would get that simple tool I think it would eliviate some of the tension and it would not be so tragic when no HC is online. Also OIC should be able to set Attack and Defence orders on bridges.

Once the OIC decides to leave thegame one could pass on the OIC to the next player that wants to step up till a HC person comes back online. 

I think it would go a long way instead of HC leaves and you are stuck with an Attack AO that ain't going nowhere. At least one could switch targets if so desired.

Edited by dre21

Honestly best to just lay the whole AO thing to rest instead of infinitely trying to tweak and fundamentally flawed system. It caused frustration in 2005 and even more so now with fewer HC. Giving random players Map OIC is a recipe for disaster since there are movement cooldown timers and rather intricate movement/stacking/fallback rules. A good meaning non-HC could very easily park a brigade in a position where it can get bounced. Don't think for a minute that the HC on the other side won't see the mistake in an instant and pounce on it. Hell, it happened with even experienced HC officers. Been in many a rearguard battle where we were just holding the city while the cooldown timer counted down so we could extract a brigade from there due to a movement mistake.

Next thing you know playerbase is blaming HC, HC saying "it wasn't us," then HC not trusting the playerbase. It can devolve into a pretty toxic situation. Map OIC is a big role, and with big roles you need both responsibility but more importantly accountability. Random players promoted to map OIC have none of the latter and probably won't fully appreciate the former.

2 people like this

An OIC can place and remove AOs today; they just can't move flags, except the one they are OIC of.

15 hours ago, aismov said:

Honestly best to just lay the whole AO thing to rest instead of infinitely trying to tweak and fundamentally flawed system. It caused frustration in 2005 and even more so now with fewer HC. Giving random players Map OIC is a recipe for disaster since there are movement cooldown timers and rather intricate movement/stacking/fallback rules. A good meaning non-HC could very easily park a brigade in a position where it can get bounced. Don't think for a minute that the HC on the other side won't see the mistake in an instant and pounce on it. Hell, it happened with even experienced HC officers. Been in many a rearguard battle where we were just holding the city while the cooldown timer counted down so we could extract a brigade from there due to a movement mistake.

Next thing you know playerbase is blaming HC, HC saying "it wasn't us," then HC not trusting the playerbase. It can devolve into a pretty toxic situation. Map OIC is a big role, and with big roles you need both responsibility but more importantly accountability. Random players promoted to map OIC have none of the latter and probably won't fully appreciate the former.

I said NOT move Brigades and with that goes Flags,  just to be able to switch an AO if it's obvious that the current AO that the last HC member left them with is going nowhere.

I don't think you do the player base any favors as an HC officer if you AO a 2 AB town then leave and later the player base starts logging. There one should be able to reset an AO onto a different smaller town 

Edited by dre21

I would just ditch the AOs period. But thats my $0.02

1 person likes this

When we are training new cadets, we make them OIC of a brigade to see the hc chat, and revise and test the hc tools.

From what I can remember, the OIC of a brigade can move flags (any flag without OIC, indeed). I dont test the AO set/pull but had the idea its posible for them to do that.

Should check any day.

In other hand, we might ask CRS a campaign test, in which AO set and pull could go throught votation, but I guess it would be quite a mess. Democracy has shown that everybody deciding is an imposible task, and at the end you need someone (bad or good) taking those decissions and being responsable of them for the good of the majority.

!S

As i understood, AO is here to stay, also HC. As many people had stated, in game is sometimes problems with availability of the HC. But exist such feature as OiC. Now, if i recall correctly, OiC needs to be nominated by HC. How, if HC at the right moment is absent?
Maybe is possible to make "Corpus of OiC", of people, who don't preffer High Command gameplay, but can play such role, if the situation is desperate. Which criteria should such people fulfill?
Officer rank? To play on only one side during whole campaign? Using of Discord and good communication skill? Something other?

4 hours ago, fiambre said:

I dont test the AO set/pull but had the idea its posible for them to do that.

Im almost sure they can set/pull AO.

!S

Well I was OIC , and I did not see a AO option of pull or set on a town, Bridge AO worked. Unless I looked wrong .

If AO stays and HC stays then OIC should get some basic functions if they don't already have them . 

I think it would be almost a given that HC will or should pick a maxed out player in rank or so eine that has shown on the Battlefield that he communicates.

Discord use should not he a must . I'm playing this game since 2001 maxed rank on Axis but not in Allied side but I use the chat a lot and I'm very active as a ML . Funny thing is I was never OIC on Axis but just before this post on Allied which I play here and there but when I do its a whole campaign. 

I enjoyed OIC but can't commit to HC cause of various reasons ,that being said that's why I would not mind what I have outlined here.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0