• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Crs Wants You!   01/18/2019

CRS is looking for some volunteer live support chat staff.  Are you up for the assignment?  If so,  please send an email with your interest to,  Jobs@corneredrats.com
colling

New Axis Units Hungary/Bulgaria

11 posts in this topic

I've been catching up with my WW2 history lately and I didn't realize how much these two factions contributed to the axis. I feel like it would add more depth and customization.

I see it being the same ordeal as how the Italians were implemented. Even just some infantry would be cool.

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks!

Collin Gordon

Also I forgot to mention this. It seems the Hungarians mostly contributed to the eastern front but were seen more commonly on the western front around 1944-1945. So I was thinking you could make them a late war exclusive.

Edited by colling

Did they use their own equipment or German weapons? If they used German weapons, then adding their troops would be redundant. A couple of Hungarian/Bulgarian brigades would be nice though.

HOw about the belgians and the dutch??? We already have their countries in the game and that could be a viable faction in the game.

maybe we should concentrate on getting the US and Italian forces up to speed first.

1 person likes this

Agree the Hungarian and Bulgarian factions would be interesting, but also agree with blakeh that resources should be devoted to the heavy hitters first. There are a lot more players interested firing off shots from a BAR than discussing the intricacies of Bulgarian infantry support weapons. In a world of unlimited budgets I would say hell yeah, lets get the remainder of the Axis in there.

Have you won the lottery by any chance?

On 11/16/2018 at 3:17 AM, colling said:

I've been catching up with my WW2 history lately and I didn't realize how much these two factions contributed to the axis. I feel like it would add more depth and customization.

I see it being the same ordeal as how the Italians were implemented. Even just some infantry would be cool.

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks!

Collin Gordon

Not to down play any of their contributions, but logistically are not both of those mostly Reich outfitted?

Italy will actually become its own faction at a future point
It will have unique organic equipment, though they will have some Reich supplied units, they had and used a large amount of their own.

It could be kind of cool, at some far future point, to have locational 'Skins' based on country and town spawned in
So you could have Belgian uniforms/vehicle paint/aircraft paint etc appear from french garrison in Belgian cities.
Would not be a faction, just a change of clothes so to speak.
British troops spawning in Belgium would of course look British, But BEF spawning in say Scotland could look like Scott troops, with what ever might be appropriate
markings etc.

Too many small stand alone factions though, once the cool factor wore off, might be a logistics migraine?

I'm thinking skins may be the way to go. Make it even a DLC or microtransaction for all the kiddies to be able to buy.

I'll stick to my premium subscription and get it all automatically :)

2 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

Not to down play any of their contributions, but logistically are not both of those mostly Reich outfitted?

Italy will actually become its own faction at a future point
It will have unique organic equipment, though they will have some Reich supplied units, they had and used a large amount of their own.

It could be kind of cool, at some far future point, to have locational 'Skins' based on country and town spawned in
So you could have Belgian uniforms/vehicle paint/aircraft paint etc appear from french garrison in Belgian cities.
Would not be a faction, just a change of clothes so to speak.
British troops spawning in Belgium would of course look British, But BEF spawning in say Scotland could look like Scott troops, with what ever might be appropriate
markings etc.

Too many small stand alone factions though, once the cool factor wore off, might be a logistics migraine?

We need a special Highland piper skin with kilt.....with sporran, maybe shooting nades out of his bagpipe. Could be one of the most profitable DLC's.

S!

16 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

Steyr-Mannlicher was the primary rifle for both - for the most part. Both used Mp34/40s along with other designs. Both used Mg34s. Both were promised German ATGs, both were primarily left wanting along with the Romanians - leading to a crushing defeat in Operation Saturn.

Hungary offset with German/Italian small arms, as did Romania/Bulgaria but both Romania, Bulgaria, and the Finns made extensive use of captured Russian small arms as well.

IMO these three (Hun/Bulgaria and Romania) should be grouped into a larger force seeing as there is so much commonality not only in weaponry but real life Orbat had all these forces together supporting the German flank as I recall. Finns should one day be their own thing.

Edited by madrebel

13 hours ago, Elfin said:

We need a special Highland piper skin with kilt.....with sporran, maybe shooting nades out of his bagpipe. Could be one of the most profitable DLC's.

S!

Or shooting thunderbolts out his arse, and he can kill 100 men
I heard his name was William Wallace

:):lol: