• Announcements

• HEAVY265

TOS Change regarding the Forums   11/23/2018

Rule 23 is in discussions.  The official change will come out soon.  It will go effect Jan 1st. As it stands from this point.  Political and religious posts are allowed in off topic.  Be mindful to be respectful to each other.   That is all for now. Thank you for your continued support and patience.
augetout

Requesting Unit leaders be given access to respective closed HC areas.

5 posts in this topic

With the map in its current state, and due to being able, at times, to play when not much is going on, I have been exploring some of the ingame stuff that I had not bothered to since my return.  So, I've been spawning in as an engineer during the early phase of enemy attacks, building obstacles, and such.  I've spawned in as a sniper at times, which I have assiduously avoided since they were added to the game.  I've observed ingame tactics (and sometimes lack thereof).  I have read too many (to count)  ingame chat messages deploring poor tactics and gameplay.  I have observed (albeit from the Allied side only) the leadership tendencies of most (not a scientific number) ingame leaders, as in HC Officers, Unit leaders, and folks who just lean in the leadership direction when ingame.  I have come to the conclusion that a good share of the issues with gameplay are indeed rooted in players not utilizing all that the game provides.  Thus, the question becomes:  How to fix that?  I have perused the wiki game guides, both generic and player-created.  There's some really good stuff/information in there, and yet most of it never gets seen or utilized ingame by the vast majority of the playerbase (again, not a scientific number, just a guess based on my observations).  The game is so huge, and the possibilities so seemingly endless, that even 'good' players (and I guess I'd like to consider myself fairly skilled as an Infantryman, given that is what I've played the most), tend not to know information about subjects they haven't 'specialized' in.  I am convinced that ingame improvement needs to come from ingame leaders, whether they are Unit leaders, or HC Officers (the ad hoc ingame leaders simply cannot be included due to security reasons, imho).  Part and parcel of that is my request for 2 new forums, dedicated to, and restricted to, unit/squad leaders, and their respective HC Officers.

Perhaps a 3rd forum for squads/units that play both sides, combined with access by both HCs would be a good idea, as well.

In these forums, unit leaders and HC Officers can discuss ingame tactics as well as strategic considerations, in a secure environment (We used to have HC forums---perhaps we still do and I just don't have access to see them anymore), away from the eyes of the 'enemy'.  It will also give these folks a chance to better learn the strengths and weaknesses of their fellow leaders (presumably all would see some mitigation of their weaknesses and enhancements to their strengths).  It will give unit leaders and HC Officers the ability to better understand the likelihood of ingame tasks being properly attended to given the units ingame at any given moment, (If I had a dollar for everytime I saw an HC Officer and/or ingame leader give an order to everyone and nobody at the same time I'd be able to purchase CRS).

The leaders will improve.  The knowledge gained will trickle easily down to the squad level.  Ingame play will improve.  Morale will improve.  The hope would be that ingame numbers will improve over time, as well.

S!

Edited by augetout

Adding to the benefits:

1.  CRS can better utilize ingame leaders to help with gameplay issues.

2.  The squad/unit leader who feels involved at the level they wish to be involved (obviously they COULD join their HC if they so chose, but some won't, or have already served their time), is a better, happier, more useful leader to his unit, and the game as a whole.  

3.  The HCs might even get some indirect recruits into their ranks as a result.

S!

Given that there are most likely closed areas to HC Officers, I should amend my request to allow Unit leaders into those closed areas.

S!

Ya, I pushed for secure forums when we all went to these forums from separate allied and axis forums.  Also pushed for the AHC squad liaison program, which got squad leaders in like reserve officers now so they were in direct contact with HC on the blue text channel.  The former is still there, the latter program got pulled for various reasons.