Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
malvoc

CRS movement and game rules

16 posts in this topic

I would like an actual list of the rules for bde movement and town capture please I am tired of rules changing from town to town.

We owned both abs st quentin axis capped them back and then we recapped 1 back before they could move flag in but it still let them move into town

Now last night in cambrai same thing happened but I couldn't move any brigades in till we had all abs back allied 

Please explain this.....

Also like I said above please post the actual rules for movement capture ect  including fbs I am sick of capping an ab then both my allied fbs go axis because of some stupid bug.

And don't say report it we report stuff all the time and nothing is ever done it seems......

Malvoc out.....

well if they recovered all their ABs and initiated the move while owning both ABs, would think they could move it back unless you captured both ABs again.. in Cambrai, did you recapture both ABs and initiate the move while owning them? As for written rules, I would think they would be in the HC manual or maybe on the Wiki. Would have to check with your HC Liason. ( @WESTY91, @KMS, @BLKHWK8 ).. 

We are aware the FB issue though.. We have not been able to replicate it in testing and are trying to figure out what specifically is causing FBs from going down like that. Once we can recreate the problem, we can get the Dev team on it to fix it. 

*** We have not been able to replicate it in testing

Should be easy, any time a backline town is not occupied, and you lose your AB - all the FBs to those backline towns flip to wrong side.

*** I am tired of rules changing from town to town

They don't.

Have to own at least 1 AB to move in or out of a town - once you have lost all your ABs, then have to recap them all first, to be able to move back in.

This AM axis recapped all ABs, allowing us to move back in; even though allies took one back, we still owned one, hence could move in.

Edited by delems

59 minutes ago, delems said:

*** We have not been able to replicate it in testing

Should be easy, any time a backline town is not occupied, and you lose your AB - all the FBs to those backline towns flip to wrong side.

If you know a sequence that leads to this guaranteed could you give it step by step?

I could not replicate, and here was my test.
Axis in Ciney, Allies in Dinant
1 brigade each, all surrounding towns empty
AO'd Dinant, and captured both east and west AB (plus Ciney Depot) French BDE bounced to Anhee.
Flavion FB came on line, but it did come online as french, which is as expected.

Recaptured ABs and flavion FB shut down, also as presently expected.

Recaptured as Axis, and Flavion FB went live again, as french.

Aside from the outcome, is that sequence of events correct to your observations @delems ?

38 minutes ago, delems said:

*** I am tired of rules changing from town to town

They don't.

Have to own at least 1 AB to move in or out of a town - once you have lost all your ABs, then have to recap them all first, to be able to move back in.

This AM axis recapped all ABs, allowing us to move back in; even though allies took one back, we still owned one, hence could move in.

Also this is correct.
If you have a multi AB town and lose ALL ABs
In order to make the town valid to move back in, you must own the connecting depot
and you must recap ALL ABs

When the enemy takes all the ABs, it sets the town as Enemy controlled Friendly owned
You have to remove the enemy control by taking all the ABs back

merlin exactly they only had 1 ab and still were able to move in.

As far as me searching for rules I have no clue where to find them why cant they be posted in forums so all can read and understand what the hell is going on I am tired of getting different answers every time!!!

So lets make and official rule forum so people know how to play game and what to do in certain circumstances???

I am its the blind leading the blind here 

Malvoc out....

16 minutes ago, malvoc said:

merlin exactly they only had 1 ab and still were able to move in.

As far as me searching for rules I have no clue where to find them why cant they be posted in forums so all can read and understand what the hell is going on I am tired of getting different answers every time!!!

So lets make and official rule forum so people know how to play game and what to do in certain circumstances???

I am its the blind leading the blind here 

Malvoc out....

Not being there, i of course can not say what happened in what sequence, but
If i have 2 AB and own both, and you take 1, i can still move as you have not flipped control yet.
If you take 2, i have to retake both to flip the control latch before i can move again.

We can flip flop the ABs back and forth all day long, and i can still move, as long as you do not get ALL of them at the same point in time.
Once someone gets ALL the ABs, town control (not ownership) switches to the AB owner, and to get it back you have to take ALL the ABs
and have them in your possession all at the same time.

You must also own the linking depot to where you are moving in from

I do not know though, what happens to a move in progress.
I think the HC have this info in the closed HC area, but you have a point, if everyone could see it, it would help the average guy understand why an
event happened rather than him feeling like something unnatural just happened.

If it's any consolation, i get lost and confused in that stuff also

Best way to block a BDE move in any situation, is to take down the linking depot.
It stops any movement regardless of control, and buys you time to regain control.

I think you can do .own on a town and it will tell you who controls it?
If not, perhaps that is something we should look at adding

.own
DINANT OWNED - FR   CONTROLLED - DE  CONTESTED

Edited by Merlin51

27 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

Not being there, i of course can not say what happened in what sequence, but
If i have 2 AB and own both, and you take 1, i can still move as you have not flipped control yet.
If you take 2, i have to retake both to flip the control latch before i can move again.

All HC moves and cp/ab captures are logged in a database i imagine. Should be able to chronolgically look at sequence of events and clearly see if it is a bug or something else ... no?

*** merlin exactly they only had 1 ab and still were able to move in.

Because axis still had control of the town by first recapping both ABs.  Allies did cap 1 AB before axis got flag in, but axis still retained control of town.

There was no bug or anything odd, worked exactly as expected.

Edited by delems

*** Flavion FB came on line, but it did come online as french, which is as expected.

Not sure about in testing.

But can ensure, in live game, every time a backline town is empty, and you lose ABs, the FB flips wrong - even if your flag bounced goes to that said empty town.

I also wouldn't worry about it, as this goes away with 1.36 and flags in every town; there will never be an empty backline town.

Edited by delems

42 minutes ago, choad said:

All HC moves and cp/ab captures are logged in a database i imagine. Should be able to chronolgically look at sequence of events and clearly see if it is a bug or something else ... no?

Wiretap, you can see that yes.
BGEM will display it as well

These are things the player can see

Host does log those things as well.

I still think rules of gameplay and movement rules should be posted so everyone understands what is going on including me they shouldn't be hidden away where you have to search for them!

It also helps the regular players out in game including new ones so they know what to do and what to target instead of running around like a bunch of lemmings ffs.

In fact it should be part of training process when starting this game as a new player. It would let them know what current objectives are ect and why things need to be done in a certain / order ect...

This is out of the OCS manual that every officer should get when joining High Command 

7.1 Brigade Movement Mechanics

7.1.1. Manual Movement Rules For Ground Flags

A flag (a unit) can be moved to a town if all conditions below are met. The conditions not only have to be met when proposing the move but also when the flag actually tries to move.

1) The target town is owned by the side that is moving the flag (town shows friendly ownership on the map) and there is at least one Army Base in friendly control.

Note: Ownership is based on which side last owned all the facilities of the town; you cannot move a flag into a town before you own it (even if you control all of the ABs). However, if you are the original owner of the town, you can move right in if you have at least one AB even if you do not own all the facilities.

2) The target town has a supply link to a town in which there is another flag of the same division OR there is another flag of the same division already in the town.

In short: you cannot move further than one link away from flags of the same division.

3) The supply link between origin town and target town is in friendly control. You must control both depots at either end of the link and the FB between (if there is one).

A supply link between two towns exists if there are depots at each end. For example, there is a supply link between St.Truiden and Tienen because in St.Truiden there is the Tienen depot and in Tienen there is the St.Truiden depot. Roads on the map can be used to see if there might be a supply link between two towns, but should not be trusted solely.  There are roads on the map that look like there is a link between two towns, but in reality there isn't.

Air, paratrooper and navy brigades can be moved all around the map without any restrictions. However air and paratrooper brigades cannot be moved to frontline airfields. Naturally for air and paratrooper brigades there has to be an airfield in the target town and for navy brigades there has to be a dock. Navy brigades can only use Destroyers when they are located in Deep Water Ports.

That is correct and exactly what happened. Axis regained both abs and so regained control even though we recaptured 1 ab before move took place. Axis had ownership, unfortunately. Was a good fight for a change. Quedos to the axis for not letting it go we had it down to 1 flag and then it slipped out of our grasp. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0