• Announcements

• HEAVY265

TOS Change regarding the Forums   11/23/2018

Rule 23 is in discussions.  The official change will come out soon.  It will go effect Jan 1st. As it stands from this point.  Political and religious posts are allowed in off topic.  Be mindful to be respectful to each other.   That is all for now. Thank you for your continued support and patience.
XOOM

First 1.36 Alpha now in testing

16 posts in this topic

Pleased to report to you that our team is now testing 1.36.0 internally. The core functionality of 1.36, the Hybrid Supply component of both Garrisons and Brigades, is working. Specific supply is still being determined and likely our first iteration will require alterations once it is truly play tested in a live environment.

This is a significant development and marks strong progress being made. If all checks out okay, we anticipate 1.36 will be delivered around Christmas time, that is our biggest hope and goal and our RATS are wasting no time to see that through.

Garrisons will be capable of solid defense and have the ability to act on the offense as well. Brigades will likely have a slight bit more supply than Garrisons. 

Thus far, we expect to have the following move-able units on launch:

• Army: 2 Divisions
    • Includes three brigades like today
  • Air Force: 1 Division
  • Navy: 1 Division

It's getting very real and I am confident through my own personal review of testing that our team has truly got 1.36 correct from our original design goals. 

Our primary goals of relieving the high command from being so overburdened, giving the players more supply across the game world, and providing the defending forces a fighting chance are coming to life, and I am extremely excited seeing the design goals coming to life. It's extremely overdue and awesome!

8 people like this

Very exciting news! Can't wait to hear some more details about this S!

1 person likes this

I resubbed hoping this would happen, also hoping the bombs might work again sometime soon. I quit holding my breath cuz i was turning blue.

5 people like this

On 11/24/2018 at 8:42 AM, rebel357 said:

I resubbed hoping this would happen, also hoping the bombs might work again sometime soon. I quit holding my breath cuz i was turning blue.

Good to see you back into the mix Rebel. Anything worth it, takes a little bit of time. S! 

Adding the American AF was all it took to get me back  im a sucker for invasion strippers..

10 hours ago, maxios said:

GJ CRS! 

I might be popping back in around Christmas :)!

S!

This would certainly be excellent, at least version 1, is our hope. But as players have asked, we need to be really careful given how much anticipation has come with this. We don't want to rush it, but as you can see communication about this topic has accelerated and a lot of effort is going into it.

As we're getting closer here to Christmas and realizing the weight and value of 1.36 and getting it done correctly, we won't be making it in time for Christmas.

That being said, we will have a Christmas patch with lots of goodies in it.

1.36 is slated for a couple more fixes based on our feedback and discussions here, and we want to get 1.36 in an Open Beta type setup to iron things out even more so that we get things refined and great.

Don't be bummed out, we're actually making good time and we're going to keep the pedal to the metal here by talking, sharing and getting you involved. It's essential we get this right and battle tested before a live release. Good progress has been made and core functionality is in tact.

1 person likes this

I think that not rushing 1.36 out the door for Christmas is the smart thing to do. Get it right and use the time to build up more hype. The holidays are usually a dead time for gaming anyway since there are family responsibilities aplenty. Given that I think that WWIIOLs demographic is likely older and has a family of their own compared to Fortnite or whatever the clickfest-du-jour is, I wouldn't expect a massive jump in players for the holiday season anyway. However, old veterans certainly will have a couple hours to troll the forums or to read a big roadmap update that is announcing changed just around the corner.

1 person likes this

On 11/24/2018 at 8:42 AM, rebel357 said:

and at your age you should be focusing on breathing exercises, not restriction. last thing you'd want is someone to come in the room and freak out that grandpa isn't breathing ;-).

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, madrebel said:

and at your age you should be focusing on breathing exercises, not restriction. last thing you'd want is someone to come in the room and freak out that grandpa isn't breathing ;-).

Image result for lol gif

14 hours ago, madrebel said:

Oh, awesome!

Xoom confirmed.... dynamic weather with weather balloons and attackable weather stations in the North Sea for 1.36!!!!!1!!

On 12/5/2018 at 4:40 PM, aismov said:

Xoom confirmed.... dynamic weather with weather balloons and attackable weather stations in the North Sea for 1.36!!!!!1!!

Seems legit :) 

On 12/5/2018 at 7:40 PM, aismov said:

Time for Merlin to get busy on the new coast-of-Greenland map.

Plus the new naval game: the North Atlantic is modeled at full scale. Germans get five unarmed Fairmile-equivalents as weather boats, with realistic wave heights, cloud cover, fog percentage and daylight length. The British get extra points for finding any of the weather stations.