• Announcements

• HEAVY265

TOS Change regarding the Forums   11/23/2018

Rule 23 is in discussions.  The official change will come out soon.  It will go effect Jan 1st. As it stands from this point.  Political and religious posts are allowed in off topic.  Be mindful to be respectful to each other.   That is all for now. Thank you for your continued support and patience.
hondo

Remove Log in timer

12 posts in this topic

Decided to play for a bit before I went to bed, logged in ( or tried to) and was shown a 1:45 second timer to choose German.

What exactly is the reason for me to wait 1:45 for ?

ZERO chance of me ever playing allied so instead i went to bed.  

1 person likes this

1min 45 seconds

It prevents people from just instantly switching side to grief the game.
If you play side A you have to wait 10 or 15 minutes to play side B

Also, if a side is over populated a lot, there can be an initial delay to join (think that is still active)
but it isn't very long

4 hours ago, hondo said:

Decided to play for a bit before I went to bed, logged in ( or tried to) and was shown a 1:45 second timer to choose German.

The very IDIOTIC part of that is HC gets it as well - as if HC can suddenly decide "oh my gosh, i better switch over to the other side...." ... löl

From what i can see, if you select a side and then exit that side you get a 10-25 minute delay.  But if you shut the game down and reload you may wait 1 or 2 mins. The initial delay is needed to slow people who would exploit the tactical situation by changing side. Restarting the game plus the 1 or 2 min delay ensures that it is highly unlikely all those easy targets are still in place.

Unfortunately, there are some players who just can't play fair. (They need an edge just to be even)

Never really bothered me. 1:45 min?........Ill take the trash out, get a drink, go to the bathroom.......not a big deal really.

1 hour ago, blakeh said:

From what i can see, if you select a side and then exit that side you get a 10-25 minute delay.  But if you shut the game down and reload you may wait 1 or 2 mins. The initial delay is needed to slow people who would exploit the tactical situation by changing side. Restarting the game plus the 1 or 2 min delay ensures that it is highly unlikely all those easy targets are still in place.

Unfortunately, there are some players who just can't play fair. (They need an edge just to be even)

Wrong - the Login Delay was introduced, IIRC correctly from all the doc babbel back then - to make you reconsider if you really, like reallyreally want to spawn into that side or better change sides - the 15min Delay once you've spawned side A, logout and try to spawn side B has nothing to do with that - thats Side Delay..not Login Delay - 2 different things.

Login Delay is utter bollocks - esp for HC since HC doesnt really have a choice there...and those 1:45 can be the difference between a flag move or whatnot

1 hour ago, bmw said:

Never really bothered me. 1:45 min?........Ill take the trash out, get a drink, go to the bathroom.......not a big deal really.

If you are going from side to side I guess its ok, but fire up the game for the first time in hours there is no reason for it.   Big deal ?  No  ,  annoyance , yes.   Pay to be annoyed ?   No

1 person likes this

Agree, the side delay is ridiculous.  30 seconds max, to help sway some.

Sure, change side at 15 min is fine, but that initial 2 min wait is nothing but a waste.  Simply terrible.

And HC use to not have this wait time, now do.  Little things like this really annoy me a lot.

On 11/23/2018 at 9:46 PM, hondo said:

The purpose of this has been to encourage folks logging in to support the underpopulated side.

On 11/24/2018 at 7:34 AM, delems said:

Agree, the side delay is ridiculous.  30 seconds max, to help sway some.

Sure, change side at 15 min is fine, but that initial 2 min wait is nothing but a waste.  Simply terrible.

And HC use to not have this wait time, now do.  Little things like this really annoy me a lot.

I talked with OHM about it briefly this morning, we've agreed to put it back to 30 seconds, and that should take effect today.

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:46 AM, hondo said:

WOW Hondo it worked...   quick ask Xoom for a puma.....   and a Panther....... and a Quad 20mm SPAA...... and....  :) 

S! Ian

2 hours ago, ian77 said:

WOW Hondo it worked...   quick ask Xoom for a puma.....   and a Panther....... and a Quad 20mm SPAA...... and....  :) 

S! Ian

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:50 AM, XOOM said:

giphy.gif

Great News.... Xoom didn't say "No"!   :)